Phantom

ArMeD_SuRvIvOr

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
I guess all of you or most at least, have played Phantom (ums game) What strategies do you use to win if you are phantom? What do you do if you are not it?

I usually play as zerg, although my favorite race is terran, and I start teching everything (even queen upgrades) and build some nydus canals for quick defense. I do it slow so people cant think that its me. Then i mass hatcheries and since zerg are: fast build+cheap+numbers = own. And I do not bitch at anyone lol (that makes people angry even if you are not it and will try to kill you no matter what) I wait until they decide to kill someone. When that person is dead and see it wasnt him, they pick another one and so on. I usually strike with guards+devours when there are only 3 or less people (you might die too quickly if there are 4) to easily pwn everything, be it air or ground.

Aki

Reaction score
I have played this map few times and it appears that the host is usually the phantom. All you need is building a lot of cheap units, like lings, zealots, or marines, and rush everyone. I had one game with 6 players and i was the phantom. Everyone knows i am the phantom since i build fast, but they can't do anything. While u are killing some of them, u can tech up at the same time. I was using zerg at that time and i rushed 4 of them using lings, and finish the rest with hydralisk. In some phantom maps, you will find something interesting like more than 1 phantom, and even there is a god to fight phantom !!! I can't remember which version that is.

L

Laharl

When I'm the phantom I do many different tricks. For example:

1. I pace my building. I don't tech up too fast, and I let my resources pile up. I'll be filthy rich, but I won't really use it too quickly until I determine that they are after me.

2. I fight to defend somebody who is being attacked by another person.

3. Again, I keep a low profile. People will barely notice me, let alone suspect me. ;)