Patch 3.1

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah so this has been in the works for a long time and i heard from numerous sources that it's coming out tomorrow, and from other sources that there's another two week delay, whether or not either of them are true will remain to be seen.

Here's a link to the patch notes. What are your thoughts? Anything changes you like or dislike?

It looks like the new Warrior PvE dps tree is going to be arms. And it's about time. Arms has been a dead spec for a while now and i'll gladly change from fury since i've been dual-wielding for yonks.

I'm still a Wrath scrub but i'm looking forward to Ulduar!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Why arms? Fury has it's uses too. It was really overpowered in 3.0, beating the crap out of everyone else. It's not being nerfed, it's being fixed.

And arms is being buffed, as it was a rather worthless DPS tree because it was so low.

But yeah, it's out :>

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Why arms? Fury has it's uses too. It was really overpowered in 3.0, beating the crap out of everyone else. It's not being nerfed, it's being fixed.

And arms is being buffed, as it was a rather worthless DPS tree because it was so low.

But yeah, it's out :>
Arms because it's a change and from what i've read/heard it's on par if not better than fury (At least on the PTRs). I agree it was overpowered, Blizz has a hard time scaling warriors.

Fury does have it's uses but the only thing it brings to the table is the rampage buff, and you can get that from a feral druid. Whereas arms gives Blood Frenzy (target takes extra 4% physical damage) and Trauma (melee crits increase effectiveness of bleed effects on the target by 30%).

It's really up to the player but i want to change because i've been fury for ages and because i want to beat my stubborn GM (who's staying fury) on the meters.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Arms because it's a change and from what i've read/heard it's on par if not better than fury (At least on the PTRs). I agree it was overpowered, Blizz has a hard time scaling warriors.

Fury does have it's uses but the only thing it brings to the table is the rampage buff, and you can get that from a feral druid. Whereas arms gives Blood Frenzy (target takes extra 4% physical damage) and Trauma (melee crits increase effectiveness of bleed effects on the target by 30%).

It's really up to the player but i want to change because i've been fury for ages and because i want to beat my stubborn GM (who's staying fury) on the meters.
Actually, Trauma can be replaced by Mangle, from feral druids as well, and Blood Frenzy by Savage Combat from combat rogues.

So the only reason to bring any class is the player, if the DPS is balanced, which it isn't right now, but will be in 3.1!

Either way, you play what you want, that's great :>

Have fun in Ulduar! It'll only come tomorrow for me :(

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Bloody hell, talk about homogenisation. The only real reason to bring certain classes is because of the player, and possibly so a bunch of loot doesn't rot, haha.

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
Bloody hell, talk about homogenisation. The only real reason to bring certain classes is because of the player, and possibly so a bunch of loot doesn't rot, haha.
Go ahead and bring a bunch of Dks and 3 resto druids and post pics of you downing anything past a heroic. GL!

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I like how they nerfed Paladin Burst by gimping talents and SoB and then gave us Exorcism which in turn OP'd our burst again which in turn caused a hotfix to make it unusable on players. Yay Blizzard..on top of the game since...never.

That being said..yay for mounts in water!? Lol..

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
Wait what... we cant use exor on players anymore? damnit I did a 8k exor on a player in wsg the other night w/o zerking lol. FUUUUUU

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
You should have seen the ferocious bite crits.

I was getting 13k crits in questing blues.

jefforclol

BF Public Relations
Reaction score
Ok, I went home and I can deff still use exor on players, way to get me pissed off b4 lol.