Orc Vs Human = GG for Human

PretzelLogic

Reaction score
Am i the only one who loses to humans 1v1 as orc? Its getting rediculous.
I cant beat their riflemen, casters, and spellbreakers. Ive tried everything.
My only chance is if i get to teir 3, have at least 4 tauren, spirit walkers with res, and hope to god that their blood mage dosnt flame my walkers. Does anyone have a good orc anti human strat for early/midgame? That would be greatly appreciated, and im not a noob either ive played forever but not very many 1v1's.

Thx

PretzelLogic

Reaction score
Ive tried it. Ive tried eating all their preists, sorcs, and knights. Then they kill them and they all pop back out and i still die. Its really starting to piss me off. :( Disspell does nothing for my grunts and slow, they cast it on them again in like 2 secs.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Your kodos wouldn't die if you made enough to eat everyone of their units.

PretzelLogic

Reaction score
yeah.......... that would work. But be realalistic, this is what its like fighting humans. " :hbut "

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
hmmm
try not going bloodlust or heal wards. go straight grunts + raiders + spirit walkers for dispel and spirit link, go farseer + naga and get some healing scrolls. that way you can aim 1 rifle by one, have 2 nukes, and won't be affected by slow, and breakers will do shit w/o spells to steal.

PretzelLogic

Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
hmmm
try not going bloodlust or heal wards. go straight grunts + raiders + spirit walkers for dispel and spirit link, go farseer + naga and get some healing scrolls. that way you can aim 1 rifle by one, have 2 nukes, and won't be affected by slow, and breakers will do shit w/o spells to steal.
cant go raiders, with the preists healing the riflemen, the riflemen take no damage, none at all ive tried it. i tried that and didnt kill 1 unit. But i am pretty sure i came up with an O-K strat vs them now. Mass Grunts, Kodos, Seige to kill their sorcs and preists, and batriders in case they have air. But keep bats away from gunners untill they are needed. Seige Owns Humans. Yay :lucifer they can eat seige.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
raiders kill priests

grunts kill rifle man

use your fast movement item thingy, buy one for each heros, gg rifles.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
yes... use raiders on casters
still, raiders are not really meant to deal damage, they are there to avoid any hit and run and give you some AA ability. ensnare is a stupid imba ability.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
yeah but the good thing is ensnare isnt an autocast so that ceeps the bal a little bit anyway, I ussaly dont play orc and when i do its a mass grunt rush with pilllage then tech a little bit

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Jenny said:
Mass kodos or Firebats.
You shouldn't give theorycraft to someone who needs help with a REAL problem. Honestly Jenny, if you can't give proper advice, then don't post here.

To solve your caster problem. You need a combination of spirit walkers and demolishers with your attack force. Walkers to dispel the slow and demos to blast the crap out of any humans that you can.

Second, rush them hard in the beginning. If you can pick off some militia before having to retreat for men, you have accomplished something. You can try the suicidal make 8 batriders and bomb his castle and buildings so he surrenders or cannot build any more men.

Third, use Raiders to net any stragglers, air, or channeling people. Raiders will also assist in the devastation of thier casters and some of thier melee (if they don't die in the process).

The real annoyance is the spellbreakers. Although they have 600 hp and medium armor. Thier feedback and thier high armor count can be a pain in the ass for any player. Don't let them attack casters or raiders and try to Grunt them. Grunts do more damage to them and their feedback is helpless against them.

Rifleman may seem tough, but they aren't. If say they get focus fired by Wyverns or take Tauren hits. They fall like leaves. Get the player to keep moving his rifleman around then ensare them as he moves. You can pick them off singles and eventually conquer him. This will only work he is moving group and not singles.

Ntrik_ said:
raiders kill priests
And sorcs too, but carry Walkers if you decide to fight them. Disenchant works two ways. Dispels slow and dispels thier inner fires.

cant go raiders, with the preists healing the riflemen, the riflemen take no damage
No wonder why you lose. Raiders are the most essential unit to the horde but they cannot take on Fiends or Rifleman (high constitution).

Jenny said:
Your kodos wouldn't die if you made enough to eat everyone of their units.
THEORYCRAFT!!! Kodos are unarmored and they die to rifleman. This isn't 4on4 random team where you can mass one type of unit and just think you can win any game.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Kodos aren't a counter for ranged units, they are used to counter tier 3 melee... THAT is effective. anyway, orc is WAY > then human ^^
just don't let him get that gryphon / dhawks combo or u're probably dead.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
You shouldn't give theorycraft to someone who needs help with a REAL problem. Honestly Jenny, if you can't give proper advice, then don't post here.

To solve your caster problem. You need a combination of spirit walkers and demolishers with your attack force. Walkers to dispel the slow and demos to blast the crap out of any humans that you can.

Second, rush them hard in the beginning. If you can pick off some militia before having to retreat for men, you have accomplished something. You can try the suicidal make 8 batriders and bomb his castle and buildings so he surrenders or cannot build any more men.

Third, use Raiders to net any stragglers, air, or channeling people. Raiders will also assist in the devastation of thier casters and some of thier melee (if they don't die in the process).

The real annoyance is the spellbreakers. Although they have 600 hp and medium armor. Thier feedback and thier high armor count can be a pain in the ass for any player. Don't let them attack casters or raiders and try to Grunt them. Grunts do more damage to them and their feedback is helpless against them.

Rifleman may seem tough, but they aren't. If say they get focus fired by Wyverns or take Tauren hits. They fall like leaves. Get the player to keep moving his rifleman around then ensare them as he moves. You can pick them off singles and eventually conquer him. This will only work he is moving group and not singles.

And sorcs too, but carry Walkers if you decide to fight them. Disenchant works two ways. Dispels slow and dispels thier inner fires. :grunt

edit

whoever edited this post, good job, its pretty damn obivous that you edited it :grunt

ChrisH36

Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
Kodos aren't a counter for ranged units, they are used to counter tier 3 melee... THAT is effective. anyway, orc is WAY > then human ^^
just don't let him get that gryphon / dhawks combo or u're probably dead.
Not really, I have beaten it with Raiders and some trolls added to my usual mix. The real problem is the Gryphons killing your Raiders, not them killing your Trolls.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Not if you can get rifleman with that and focus fire. Plus Water Elementals would add on to the torment. Or try not to get master sorcs eaten and polymorph the animals.

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Hellwolf_36 said:
Not if you can get rifleman with that and focus fire. Plus Water Elementals would add on to the torment. Or try not to get master sorcs eaten and polymorph the animals.
hmm 2 points to talk about:

1 - suppose he gets a nice number of towers in his base...if he masses kodos, eats your knights and TP, ur rifleman will do shit =(

2 - if I am correct, polymorphing or hexing a kodo that is devouring a unit will make him digest it instantly, like lucifer's "bug" on old dotas.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
NtRik_ said:
raiders kill priests

grunts kill rifle man

use your fast movement item thingy, buy one for each heros, gg rifles.
so what needs healing?

Im kinda lost guys, what are you guys talking about? Zarg pr0ngs? :yum

ChrisH36

Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
hmm 2 points to talk about:

1 - suppose he gets a nice number of towers in his base...if he masses kodos, eats your knights and TP, ur rifleman will do shit =(

2 - if I am correct, polymorphing or hexing a kodo that is devouring a unit will make him digest it instantly, like lucifer's "bug" on old dotas.
Number 2 is incorrect. That bug was fixed a while back, even if it exists it will be fixed in v1.19. Besides, that is a waste of a town portal just running there to eat the knights. Knights are faster than kodos and kodos die to ranged units quite easily.