O~ Tauren Chieftan

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tauren Chieftan

How come he's the least commonly used orc hero? I think he's the second best to farseer.

War Stomp - Immobilizes all melee so you're grunts / hh or w/e can pick em off without disturbance

Endurance Aura - A good aura, attack + movement speed is the same thing as bloodlust (but not as much)

Shockwave - Great against lines of low hp ranged.

Reincarnation - Not one of the best but is still very useful for this reason:

Tauren Chieftan = Highest damage and highest hp at level 10. If the other team micros on you it may take 8 seconds to kill you! 8 seconds is a long time in the heat of battle, and after all that you just come back! I welcome microing my Tauren Chieftan.

I am posting this because of the Orc Stronghold channel: TC SUX KK THX!

And, on a side note, I'm wondering if any of you agree with me in saying that the blademaster is a horrible hero besides hero harrassing. Yes windwalk is good for that, but after that he is a low hp melee unit IMO.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I saw a few replays yesturday, twice someone started with the tauren chieften, and was taken out to quick. He is a tank/support hero. as a first he is no good. second or even third at high levels yes he's great.

move to Orc discussion

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Pan, you did not need to close this. :p

Acually, when im Orc, Im starting to go TC first (not for hero rushing, but for unit rushing.) Ever since the patches made the TC faster, I find that he a great hero to use. But I start out with shockwave, then EA. Shockwave comes really good when people go fiends/ archers/ hunts/ DotT / and other low HP units. The lvl 3 ShockW is the best skill that high.

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im a big fan of the TC actually...i enjoy heros that get in there and can kick ass with a bunch of shit hitting them at once...

i always wished the MK had an aura...so i like the aura..stop is much like clap and the wave replaces storm bolt

the MKs lvl 6 is better but oh well..i like him

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Blademaster is the best in my eyes, but it all depends on what you want.

He is an ok 3rd hero...

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maybe not first, in all of my 1v1s he's my second hero (to farseer). Why do you like Blademaster Dark Blade, I'm just saying that I think he is just another melee unit with weak skills besides taking out heroes. He has like no hps to be a melee hero.

Mud

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i never took fancy to the blademaster...he is a very good hero..i dont knowi just dont like his "hit-and-run" persona...i like mage heros and sit back there and cast deadly spells or ones that stand in there and take a beating

hes like the DH in that respect...except the DH has better spells in my opinion

huttbole

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i like the farseer/shadowhunter

sometimes i go with just them two. sometimes i go with tc as a third. sometimes ill get a 3rd neutral heroe.

KennyMan666

Reaction score
I registered to this site only to give my opinion in this discussion. And my opinion is that Tauren Chieftain is the best hero in the entire game. All heroes from Frozen Throne included.

For the Blademaster: I like him. Very much. Second best Orc Hero. But when I play Frozen Throne in multiplayer I usually get a TC for my first hero and then two neutral, usually Panderan Brewmaster and Dark Ranger. That is because they both are better than Blademaster, and I never liked Far Seer. Not a good hero.

Biske

Reaction score
Originally posted by KennyMan666
I never liked Far Seer. Not a good hero.
Now hold on. FS is usually my first when I'm orc for 2 reasons. First, his Feral Spirit if the perfect Harrassment tool, and second, Lighting Bolt is great for sending a shredding chill through the ranks of your enemies troops. You just think he's bad cause you suck with him!

Back on topic, I like the TC, and he is usually my second. It depends on who my enemy and ally is. If if it's UD, yes, I;ll go TC to combat Ghouls, Stomp is perfect for disableing them. If it's NE, it depends on how good I scout, cause Stomp and Shockwave can give problems to Archers and Hunts. Othr Orc, again it depends upon what they go, if it's Grunt-a-pult/Casters, yes I'll get TC. Mostly, I'll only get the BM for Early economy fuking, and Hero Killing.

havocidal

Member!
Reaction score
Website
havocidal.now.nu
between chain lightning n shockwave... shockwave does more damage and there is no limit in shockwave... if there are 20 units all 20 units will get it... but chain lightning... it only hits a FEW units...

and since the orcs do not have much aura... endurance aura plays the role of being a mini bloodlust...

ferrals are weak... only good for harrassment... but it is actually quite pathetic... only in higher levels they are better... besides... it aint like water elemental... it will disappear if u cast it again...

KennyMan666

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sybillium
You just think he's bad cause you suck with him!
Alright, Chain Lightning is good. But Earthquake has to be one of the worst level 6 abilities in the game. Never really figured out what I'm supposed to do with it. And I don't suck with him, I just never liked him. When I played custom game with Orc before Frozen Throne, I start out with a Tauren Chieftain, then I get a Blademaster and finally a Far Seer.

Biske

Reaction score
True, I have to admist his 6th sucks ass, but the TC's isn't any better. Rather useless. If your TC was killed in the first place, having him come back in the same spot useually means there's a glob of units waiting for him. And that's double the XP for the enemy Heros. And havocidal...DUH! That's what he was made for, harassment. His Feral spirit becomes an extreme annoyance at it's 3rd level, cause it's invisible 80% of the time, and has CS. Chain Lighting hops around, so you can get units that have surrounded your Heros. Shockwave is a strait line from the pike, making it usefull only in some circumstances. His Aura only get's to be really nice at level 3, and by then, you can have a strong Stomp, with a hint of Shockwave if you wanted. And have you seen the TC's armor rating? He's extremly easy to kill unless you load him up with Rings of Protection. Too slow, too big, not enough armor or even HP for that matter. I mean come on, his Tauren buddys you can get have more HP then he does at level 10! Is that silly or what?

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
^^ To Chibi... One, a lot of time in huge battle in 2v2 / 3v3 or even 4v4 team games... you're hero may die if every range micros on you even with the highest hp and healing potions and when he dies he comes back to life! He has the highest hp (x2) And you don't get exp for the first time you kill him...:rolleyes:

I agree... EQ is one of the lowest forms of ultimate =(

Fuddy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think TC makes a pretty darn good first hero. For the following reasons.
1) high dmg and hp.
2) war stomp. If he gets microed warstomp. it makes all the difference early game.
3) Almost never used anymore but still extremely good IMO. the aura for mining. If you endurence right near your peons they mine faster, great help for pumping out grunts/hh and still having enugh gold left to crank up to stronghold quickly.

Granted he is not a good choice at all if you want to hero harrass (overrated i think) but if you want a good overall hero he is the way to go. And one other thing to Chibi if they micro your hero, u could micro thiers. So if you have a lvl 6 chieftan and they have a level 6 farseer. They micro your chieftan and you micro thier farseer, they either run thier hero, or let it die. Either way you win the battle if you are decent. If they continue to micro your hero then you will get his hero first due to the lower hp. If they run thier hero you get the chance to pick off all of his units and they very may kill your hero. But in the time it takes for them to kill your chieftan twice, think of how many units you will kill.

a-day-to-bleed

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
for a melee/air strat i use with orc is sh for 1st hero then tauren for 2nd cc the whole game and build up at least a lvl 2 endurance aura, throw in some shaman and good fight good night.

Warg

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the tauren chieftan is a good second hero i dont think hes good to start off with bm and farseer are usually my choices sometimes ill get a tc for tri hero but shockwave pwnz with endurance aura and reincarnation it can change a battle

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If you do go TCs I'd go Grunts first. Reason? TCs never give me any real challenge. I sometimes ignore the TC unless I have Starfall on my side and all that, and the collision size is 48 (compared with most at around 32), it can't get past anything easily. Now imagine what happens when it gets pelted with Faerie Fire/Slow/Slow Poison/Cripple. It's not nice.

Chibi has something right about the Ultimate. It sucks, giving twice as much EXP for heroes. And put it this way: the TC lasts for a long time so if you managed to get it to level 6 and it dies, well, it means something's wrong with your army. Serious.

Oh and Chibi, no matter what you change your name to it seems you're still Chibi to all of us. :D