No one joins my games

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
One of these:

You have a router
Your internet connection is SO crappy that people lag out and you never even notice
Your hosting a game in single player mode

elgrapadora

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well i know im not hosting a game in single player. I have a good connection and when i join other games i download the maps fast. So i dont really know what the problem is.

elgrapadora

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A router is like a modem right? Cuz we have a box that sits ontop of our tower with blinky lights that say power, activity, cable, and status. If possible how do you change the port settings and what port number do i need to change.
Thanks for the help in advance

[e]MOTION

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[flame]HAHAHAHA!!! how is it possible to have a router and see it there with "blinky lights" and not no its a rounter???[/flame]

though.. could also be a modem for ADSL connection or CABLE connection. Also, if is not a router problem then you might want to reset your FIrewall properties. Because you are hosting a game, everyone that will be playing must be able to ping to your ip address to verrify that the game data is the same for each player through 'packets'. anyways, if your fairewall is blocking them, they cannot enter.

SlayMaximus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.riplo.com
I had the exact same problem. You need to forward ports 6112 and 6113 to your machine. On my set-up, using a linksys router, there is an advanced tab in the router managment (try accessing 192.168.1.1 from your browser) and look for port forwarding. Find your assigned IP address using ipconfig from a command window (maybe 192.168.1.100) and forward ports 6112 to 6113 to this IP address. That worked perfectly for me.

Hope that helps.

DRaKHNiR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
og.mud.pl
According to Blizzard's official info 4000 and 6112 to 6119, if you want to avoid future problems.

elgrapadora

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by [e]MOTION
[flame]HAHAHAHA!!! how is it possible to have a router and see it there with "blinky lights" and not no its a rounter???[/flame]
I didnt know if it was an external modem or a router so i just described it the way it was. Also thank you for the info/flame

KOolicaNe

Member!
Reaction score
I have the same problem. But I kno y ppl cant join.
Its a Firewall So change some stuff in ur comp.

elgrapadora

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no we dont have a firewall. We used to have one called BlackIce and it had an icon on the startbar and now it isnt there and its not under the start folder. So im guessing that we dont have one.

/edit I just found the Router help thread in the utilities section. I think it should be posted here too since it has to do with hosting maps.

elgrapadora

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No a trojan or a backdoor wouldnt prevent me from having ppl join my games. Also if you saw my edit i fixed the problem using the router help thread in the utlities section.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
It's probably a MODEM not a ROUTER.

Anyway, I don't know. Possibly they just don't want to join your game.

-Frank :cool:

elgrapadora

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I hate repeating my self but i have fixed the problem using the Router help thread in the Utilities section. SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD??????? (sorry for the caps) i feel like im going around in circles:rollie

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Well yu're not repeating yourself to us, we never heard you.

If I could still close it I would, but I can't anymore.

-Frank :cool:

Jimstick

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's probably a MODEM not a ROUTER.

Anyway, I don't know. Possibly they just don't want to join your game.

LOL JK