New toss player - looking for hints (with replay)

reikai90

Reaction score
Hello, I am normally a zerg player but I have been wanting to get better with Protoss. I have included a replay on a fast money map of me playing as toss (yellow). So please give me tips, hints, or just go all out and revamp my hole strategy! Please keep in mind that I am new with toss.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I didn't watch the replay, but I think the only way you could play is throw down a bunch of gates and macro your ass off. Since you're taking in alot cash(i.e. more than you can spend), queueing your gates is a good idea. I may come back with new comments after watching. :)

Just watched it. Ya kinda gave me the impression you lost. Anyway, zealot rush would owned the zerg, but I'm guessing that you were playing nr or something. Always bring obs when you attack. You lost units for nothing(at least with goon reason.) When your lots were attacking the lair. your zeals were being killed by lurks and you didn't have obs. Move them out of range and his lurkers will have to un-burrow and you can exploit that.(at least until they burrow again) Bring more temps when you attack. Well-placed storms pwn lurkers. Archons vs mutas, etc.

reikai90

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, however I did win this one. His lurks were in the way and I did have obs, just forgot to bring them in to the battle area. :frustrate I will remember to bring them in from now on!

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
okey dokey then. It was kinda my fault for assuming. Usually people asking for advice and post replays lost. Plus it's easier to give advice to those who lost.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Experience is the best teacher. Just keep playing a lot of Toss, you'll devolope your own style and technique. There is no one way to play Toss, thats what makes SC so awesome.

I personally love to play games with my enemies. Once I totally went en-mass Obs over to one side of his base. They are cheep so I kept building them and sending them over to a corner of his base. When he was focussed on that part I attacked his open spot and slaughtered him. It was pretty good and smooth for rushing with obs. lol

PS> with your replay, yeah, use dectectors. you just have to, at LEAST 2.