New PS2 games Needed

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
I often play Ps2 games when I can't sleep at night due to insomnia, but lately I find my games boring. So I need advice on what games are good right now. I love RPG games like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Grand Theft Auto, Fighting games like Tekken 5, Def Jam Fight for NY, and also games like Metal Gear. What I do not like are sports oriented games, unless its something fighting like UFC, King of the Ring Boxing.

I hear Gods of War is good, but is it worth buying. I need something that is rather long to finish. Or something where I can personalize it by creating characters, boards, missions ect.

What games can you suggest I get? Thanks in advance.

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if you want an unbelievably good game which will constantly keep you interested, get Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. If you've already beaten it, get Warrior Within. An incredible series with unsurpassed gameplay for its genre. Just as a heads up, it's a fairly difficult game and requires an above average level of skill.

Bapes

Forever Rain
Reaction score
Website
frltd.blog125.fc2.com
For RPG you gotta buy both Dark Cloud And Dark Cloud 2. I prefer darkcloud 2 because it is way funner. 200+ Hours of gameplay. The duengons don't take too long. (EG: In DC1 the firs duengon is 15 levels!) Dark Cloud definitly is my favorite PS2 Game. WEAPON BUILDING 100+ Cinemtics. just buy the game and don't read this crap :)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Well I kinda figured he's beaten Dark Cloud 2 by now, it's like a given. That game owns. My favorite part was playing Spheda to get medals to unlock special items. Trying to invent random stuff was fun too.. I made all sorts of cool stuff. That game is a must-play title. If you haven't played it before, it's worth the money. I got way over 200 hours of gameplay out of that. Way, way over 200 hours.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
So far these sound good to get:
Dark cloud 1 & 2
Prince of persia 1 & 2

Unfortunitlly I have Devil May Cry 1 & 2. One was awsome, but 2 was missing something IMO

I need maybe 4 more games

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
OK but I go threw games really fast. On average I play (due to my insomnia) six hours nightly, out of bordom. That dosen't include, if I actually want to play the game for enjoyment.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Dark Cloud 2 easily has more playtime than any other game I've ever played in my entire life, but the thing is that Dark Cloud in general can get extremely tedious. A lot of it is repetitive, and you might find yourself wanting to take a break at some point. Then you suddenly realize you didn't buy any other games :p I'm going to put some thought into it and suggest other games you'd like based on your preferences. The two Prince of Persia games were just a given because they are easily two of the best games ever made for PS2.

Alright, I've given it some serious thought, and two other titles you should buy are Tenchu 3: Wrath of Heaven and Soul Reaver 2. They are both really spectacular games all-around, you should really love them.

The games I've suggested thus far (PoP 1+2, Tenchu 3, SR2) are all really fantastic and I'm personally endorsing them. They far exceed the normal standard of console gaming, and are must-own titles which are sure to engross and please you.

Now, I'll suggest some more games, but the games I suggest after this are not recommendations, simply suggestions, as I don't guarantee you'll like them at all. Just games which I personally liked to *some* extent, but you might not. I wouldn't take any of these games over other people's recommendations without researching them first to see if you'd like them.

You like Tekken, so I'm wondering if you like Mortal Kombat as well. If you're a fan, you may want to consider checking out Mortal Kombat Deception. It was an interesting game with a ton of unlockables and extra features. It's set up like an Adventure/RPG type deal, but the battles are done in Mortal Kombat style fighting. It also has some extra games which are fairly enjoyable, Puzzle Kombat and Kombat Chess.

Another game which you might like is Amplitude. This is one of my favorite games, and I've played the hell out of it on many occasions. In fact, I've beaten every level on every difficulty, including boss and bonus stages :p (This doesn't include the final bonus stage on Insane because it's ****ing impossible). Basically, what you do is listen to a song (Slipknot and Papa Roach are two examples of artists on this game). While the song is playing, you hit the notes as they're played, and then move to another song part (Bass, Guitar, Vocals, etc). It's hard to explain, you really just have to play it. It's also not an easy game, it takes a lot of practice and skill. It's a really addictive, fast-paced, and intense experience in gaming. It might not be your thing though, so you'd probably want to look into it first.

If you like racing, explosions, and skill-based games, you should check out Wipeout Fusion. I think it sells pretty cheap, and it has a ton of unlockables, modes of play, and playtime potential. I have a lot of time invested in this game, and haven't quite gotten to 50% Total Completion yet *mumbles about advanced Challenges*. It isn't your average racing game though, it requires a tremendous amount of skill compared to normal racing games. That's without taking into account your opponents blowing your ass away with rockets, missiles, grenades, etc etc etc. If you do get it, just remember, the airbrakes are definitely your friend.

I'm not sure how you feel about war-strategy games, but if you like them, you should look into Kessen III. I've beaten Kessen II about five times over, and I know there's a newer one out, which is probably even better. You can look into both of them to find out, but Kessen II is definitely awesome. Massive scale battles, formations, war strategies, in-game fighting, and anything else you could ever want in a war-strategy title.

Gas to get to EB - $5
Purchasing Kessen II - $20
Two liter of soda - $2
Staying up all night to poison your enemy's drinking water - Priceless.

Auron

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Devil May Cry 3.

PoP games

Need for Speed Underground 2

God of War

Playboy:The Mansion

Metal Gear Solid 3

Ratchet and Clank: Up your Arsenal

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Metalgear solid 3 beat it in 3 days. It is an awsome game series.

Well I went out and got:

Prince of Persia 1 & 2 - So far 1 is bad ass. Nice pick thanks.
God of War - beat it, want to return it already. Its not bad, but not too many lvls for me.
Dark Cloud - I cant find this damn game anywhere. Sold out in 5 different stores. Must be
really good then

Thanks all for the good game pics.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
if your looking for a long great rpger style then defantly get .hack its a 4 game part series that comes with the anime dvd in each game.....i just now got to part 3 which is the hardest to find and enjoynig every second of it. Its like playing an online game but not online. Tons of weapons to find and everything and skeith on my sig is the final boss of the first .hack series a very good mysterious rpg.

i rented darkcloud 2 and i wasn't really that impressed....i mean i only got the the clowns elephant part and was kinda bored with it by then....does that game get any betteR?

Reaction score
Well, if you like fighting games you should definetly get Smackdown Vs. RAW the graphics are pretty good and you have diff storylines and you can create and moderate their stats

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
the .hack// series, although it can be a bit expensive to buy all 4 of em.
Star Ocean Till the End of Time. I have about 200 hours logged into my game, and it's still fun to just kinda load it up and try to beat the final hidden boss. It's kinda easy now that all my chars I use are completely maxed out and I can whip here in like 10 minuntes.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, I have not heard of .hack, but that sounds like something I would be interested in thanks. As for the Smackdown vs. raw, I already have and have everything opened ect. It's not bad, but I got bored with it, thanks anyways.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I definitely agree with Scorn. Devil May Cry 3 is the coolest game I've played in like forever. Can you tell by my avatar/sig that I like it? Yeah, I've not played the original DMC, but I can tell you that DMC3 pwns the hell outta DMC2. Play it if you haven't already. It ROXX!