New Diablo team Job opening

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
to all the others that are like "D2 is dead, blizzard doesnt care about it"

well...

a year or so ago they had an openeing for a single graphics designer at Blizzard North to create "Creatures from the abyss" which leads ONLY to diablo, considering north is diablo's HQ and wc/sc dont match the description of what htey want to create, but besides that, theres harder evidence if you look at the more recent job openeings now:

Senior 3D Character Artist

The team behind Diablo I and II is looking for a skilled Senior 3D Character Artist. The ideal candidate has experience modeling and texturing a diverse visual range of characters and creatures. A solid grasp of form, structure, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The Character Artist should be skilled in at least one other form of art production as well – illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing – and be well-versed in related tools – Maya, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate also works well in an environment with peers that are passionate about making great games.
Source: http://blizzard.com/jobopp/artist-senior-3d-character.shtml

Blizzard, the developer of Diablo and Diablo II, is looking for an Associate Technical Artist to join their art team. The Associate Technical Artist will be the point person for the creation of physics collision geometry and will assist in the development of a custom pipeline for that purpose. Additional responsibilities may include game-side data management, solving technical issues that artists might encounter, assisting with the creation of custom scripted tools, and the creation of in-game special effects and character rigging. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is excited about games.
Source: http://blizzard.com/jobopp/artist-associate-technical.shtml

Senior 3D Character Animator

The team behind Diablo I and II is looking for a skilled Senior 3D Character Animator. The ideal candidate has experience animating both human and non-humanoid characters. A solid grasp of the principles of body movement, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics and other facets of both 2D and 3D animation is essential. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.

Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically rewarding environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
Source: http://blizzard.com/jobopp/senior-3d-character-animator.shtml

look at the dates by going back to the first page of job openings to check dates, most were posted iwthin the last 2 months.
stick those up ur pipe n smoke 'em

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
and throw away a multi million dollar gaming franchise? not likely
Exactly, there will definitely be a Diablo III. If I had to put money on it I would say it's Blizzard's next project.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
damn id even get it if it requried monthly feess

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah. I dunno..Even with the prospect of Diablo III, I'm already getting too old for gaming. Obviously I'd get it and play it, but by the time it's released I'll probably have finished University and won't have time for it. Sucks so much :(..By the way, the Wii is really fun!

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
dude, mcgorilla, ur never too old to play games.

my friends mom plays wow with us all the time, shes the only one of us with a lvl 60 [thatll change though, ive ony been playin for about a month.]

"*Paladin"*

Reaction score
Now, I admit the StarCraft 2 announcement was quite a blow to any hopes of seeing Diablo 3 any time soon.

Thinking about it more, however, the cold, hard facts remain the same.

Let me go through them for my (and your) well being:

1) Blizzard has been recruiting heavily lately: not only art directors but all kinds of artists. Judging by the StraCraft 2 trailer, their work at SC2 seems almost complete, so they are not hiring them for that.

2) Knaak commented about the Diablo storyline and basically confirmed Diablo’s world is not dead, it’s a world with dead.

3) Paul Sams interview where he says they have three product announcements. So far we’ve got a WoW expansion and StarCraft 2. I don’t know about you but I only count two so far…

4) Diablo 3 trademark and domain activity. Blizz have secured rights to all things Diablo 3 and since they aren’t making a movie, my guess is they plan a game.

5) Diablo 2 still has tens of THOUSANDS of active players. I bet more people play Diablo 2 than StarCraft (maybe not in Korea but worldwide).

Here’s another bet I’m willing to place right now: Most Diablo players are critical of WoW. I know I am. For example, I hate the fact I can’t access probably 50% of the end-game content.

Why? Because I don’t have the time to RAID. With Diablo, I can log in and solo Diablo or Baal whenever I feel like it. There’s no waiting for a healer or a tank. You go in, you kill. It’s that simple.