New Character Class/Race/Ideas thread

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Now, post your beautiful ideas. The old thread(s) can be found here

I'll kick this badboy off.

I personally think they should keep it races as just human. That tends to be the whole story of the Diablo series. It has to do with mankinds lust for power and greed, and the lack of the ability to clear their mind at certain points. Adding new races would be a huge mistake, IMHO, because then theyde have to backtrack as to why they were completely non-existant in Diablo I and Diablo II, and give them a whole backstory. Unless it was a prequel, and the afforementioned race was destoryed.

Character customization should play a major role, and I'm sure it will. Even just a slight thing, like being able to change the skin/hair color would add so much more diversity to the game. But in reality, I hope they can change it to where you can do the characters hight, weight, tatoos, colors, and hair features. Hell, even let people add their own custom tatoos if they wanted. Although that raises the question of morality or not, but hey, thats what Diablo's alll about.

WArLorD11

Reaction score
diablo 3 charecters

i have a lot of ideas of new charecters i read a post about good and evil i agree aboutthat.Here's some ideas.

:halo good characters:
sorceress
paladin
defender
druid
cleric
barbain
ranger/amazon
rouge
warrior
:lucifer evil charecters
necromancer
shadowknight
whitch
vampire
shamen
corrupted warrior
thats all for now message me for questions my email is kizon11@yahoo.com...P.S. i think they should have
one wp to a staduimwhere people to duel they can add act monsters that u face (only the ones that its in the current act and you have to pay to get in).

Garbonzo

Member!
Reaction score
defender just doesnt sound ne good...like he sounds dumb lol

wouldnt a rouge have the same things as an zon?

vampies...bleh u cant pvp b/c when u bit some1 they turn into a vampire and they cant go out during the day time

warriors...that really isnt nething anyone can be a warrior

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
9 Good with 6 Evil chars, talk about unbalanced. Some of your classes are kind of overlapping, Cleric, defender and paladin. Same with Barbarian and Warrior. And Shadowknight / Corrupt Warrior. Maybe if you put a bit of a description on them, it would help. Theres a thread for this too, so I'll just go ahead and merge them.

Kouga

Reaction score
IOP there all *good* chars there all fighting evil... hence their good....
Monk
Rogue
Assassin
Barbarian
Knight
Necromancer
Druid :bouncy
Crusader
Priest
Wizard
Bard
Amazon/Archer(Boy).. Hunter :shocked
Dancer
That would be a good line up of character!
and would make it better (customizes)
Were u can make girl or guy

Sept for Dancer(boy)/Bard(girl)
Hair colors etc...
Basic clothing
Basic equip effect
unique normal attack (stab/thrust/slash/powerful hit)

and i kinda like how d2 is built 2d... gives it a more uique look and nuthing is squared out.. like on WoW how some things look really gay.. but wut would make d3 cool would have to be it being BIGGER, yes acts, maybe phrazing them differently

Towns>Dungeions>quests the usal but u can roam more freely with the affect of wp, and tp so u can get lost like on WoW

:yum

$K17hRuL

Reaction score
u dont want to branch out into other games...
stick to the original, just give more choice like you all is sayin (lol)
so what we got.. assasin, druid, sorc, barb, neccy, pala and zon.
those are pretty much all u gonna get outta this era. anyother chars would either be tacky or crap... so i guess the only other direction would be more skills for the different classes. i heard at one point disscussion of bone archers for neccy's. maybe even a proper stealth for the sin's which has same attributes as fade but u arnt seen. ther'd ofc have to be limits and stuff to the transparency because pvp would just be stupid otherwise lol. with regards to the mobs.. theres very little to change appart from maybe making new ones but they pretty much fine as is.

well there's my 2 cents

$K17hRuL

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
How about if you make another post like that I'll warn you for spamming?3

Edit: About the 7 classes being the only ones, thats far from true. Theres still countless other classes, Shamans, Knights, Lancers, Hunter (although nearly the same as druid, could still be in effect), just to name a few

MorphReader2

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah it does seem to be that they are all good charecters, hence they are fighting evil, but then again in Diablo 3 they could have a good and evil plot line.

Charecter customization is a must, it gets kinda boring after you see the 6000th hammerdin with his archon enigma and hoto and holy shield hoz, they all look the frikin same, and it becomes slightly boring.

Getting to choose between male and female on all charecters would definetly spice up the game some also, but their names might be a bit different (aka witch/wizard)

What i think for charecter list is:
(Good Guys) :Halo
<li>Sorceress/Sorcerer (concentrates more on the 'good' skills of magic)
<li>Amazon/Ranger (more of a ranged attacker without any close range skill)
<li>Cleric (healer, protector, reviver (revives them before they hit some key 2 take em 2 town, that would be better), curse remover, defence enhancer, ext)<li>Summoner (just various summons, most any good creature u can think off)
<li>Paladin/Defender (Pretty much the same, but no healing.)
<li>Knight (can ride a horse, buy horse armor, has to level the horse somehow, horse can die, can buy a new horse if his dies, horse back skills, on foot skills, passive skills maybe?)

(Bad Guys) :lucifer
<li>Witch/Wizard (takes after the dark skills, and some curses.)
<li>Vampire (some magic, some melee)
<li>Necromancer (some curses, and revives enemies, and does zombies instead of skeletons, and skeletons instead of golem.)
<li>Undead summoner (necro version of the summoner, summons undead creatures, creatures are more agressive, higher damage, less life, lower resistances or whatnot)
<li>Dark Elf (A evil Amazon/Ranger with a with a sword instead of spear/javalin)
<li>Shadow Knight (pretty much the same as a knight but instead of passive skills, maybe shadow and passive skills like the assasin and amazon?)

(Indiferent charecters, who can go either way) :-/
<li>Barbarian (pretty much the same)
<li>Assasin (pretty much the same)
<li>Warrior (a more melee version of the barbarian, no battle commands, but more combat skills)

I think the that a stadium is a good idea. an organized combat statium, where u can gamble gold (instead of just getting it stolen), and being able to gamble items.

And yes i have tried to keep it pretty much balanced out so its takeing me a while, im slowly going through posts and threads looking for ideas.

EDIT:Make Paladin a good guy and added a new bad guy

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I think you should put more effort into your post.

Paladins are generally "light heros" and never heard of as evil though Morph.

Latrosicarius

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined today so I'm pretty new, but I've been playing D2 since 1.07 and I've had a level 99 character of every type. I stopped playing about 2 years ago, when the patch 1.10 or whatever came out. My most familiar patch was 1.09d. Anyway, I have some ideas for D3 but please go easy on me.

-----------
First you will pick your race:
• Humans
• Dwarfs
• Elves
• Goblins
• Ogres
• Orcs
• Trolls
• Werewolves
• Vampires
• Druids
• Nephalim
• Centaur
• etc

Then you pick your sex:
• Male
• Female

Then you pick your discipline:
• Melee combat
• Distance combat (bows, spears, throwing)
• Mounted combat (riding horses/beasts)
• Sorcery
• Wizardry
• Lycanthropy
• Necromancy
• Spiritual holiness
• etc

Then, for single-player mission mode, you also pick your force:
• Good (you play through the game following the good storyline (conquering evil)
• Evil (you play through the game following the evil storyline (taking over Earth and enslaving the mortals)

Certain races/sexes have predispositions to certain disciplines. For instance, a Druid will be able to do more with his lycanthropy discipline than a Human. A Werewolf will be able to do even more, mastering the art of turning into almost any kind of beast. Males make better fighters, but females might make better casters.
----------

Anyway, these were my ideas, but I just joined and read the post of the person who started this thread, and I think he's right. There shouldn't be non-human races. So I don't know what to do now, I'm at a loss :(

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
And what of multiplayer? I also hate the idea of non-human playable races in D3. THere havnt been any in d1 or d2 so why start now? But hey, at least you have an intelligent readable post. Kudos

Latrosicarius

Reaction score
Anatomy Of Vice said:
And what of multiplayer? I also hate the idea of non-human playable races in D3. THere havnt been any in d1 or d2 so why start now? But hey, at least you have an intelligent readable post. Kudos
Thanks, I don't like the idea of non-human races either, since I read your reasoning in the first post of this thread. I have just had these ideas for a few months so I finally got them posted, but I think they need to be changed to support the human-only theme.

I'm not sure what I should change them to be now. All those orcs and goblins and ogres and stuff belong int the Warcraft universe, not the Diablo universe.

MorphReader2

Member!
Reaction score
yeah it needs to stick with humans as one side, and the messed up monsters to the other side.
Is it just me, r does Diablo look like a carver on steroids?

TopGun

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
nope he looks like a carver on steriods and meph is like a ghost thing that u find in A5 on steriods and Baal is one of the spiders from A3

choirboy125

Reaction score
My Say.....

Ok, first off, I think the gameplay should be EXACTLY the same as D2. Nuff said. It could definitely have a good/evil storyline. The evil wouldn't necessarily be on the side of Hell, though. It could either start where you choose your side, or you could choose it a ways into the storyline (like Might & Magic 7). Inevitably, you'd still be fighting against Hell, it would just change the means by which you accomplish your goal of vanquishing the demons.

I think it would be possible to add in a FEW different races (maybe, but just for variety's sake), but not give them unique statistics or abilities. When they do that, you end up with a bunch of characters of the same race/class. Plus, it's just too confuisng trying to mach the right race with the right class.
They could definitely work it into the story because you never COMPLETELY covered all the land in the first 2 games. There could have been dwarves or elves fighting their own fight somewhere else.

They could definitely add some new classes. Here are the ones I'd like to see:
sorcerer
paladin
barbarian
druid
amazon
assassin
necromancer (the originals)
monk (unarmed fighting, some light/healing spells)
priest/cleric (heavy healing, not much fighting skills)
bard/dancer (I like that idea; they could lull the monsters or something)
shaman (kind of a balanced mix of sorcerer and melee combat)

Each class could have a a good/evil counterpart. (Of course, I don't think a necro could be good.....) They could all have alot of new skills too, with more possibilities of concentration.

Then, you could choose your sex, and customize them. I like the idea of choosing height, weight, hair color/stlye, facial hair, skin color, and possible tattoos. And there'd have to be a TON of selections so that everyone could get their character just right (almost like the Sims. God, I hate that game...).

Well, that's all I have.