Need new terran strategy

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
I know of a good defense strategy called The Fortress. It consist of layering structures, starting outward then working inward. It works best on desert land or flat areas without any channels, but you could use it in any situation. First, surround yourself with Supply Depots, spacing them in a zig-zag barracade formation, this will be the frontline of defense. Second, build Bunkers in groups of three, placing them behind the Supply Depots in a defensive position and man them with marines. Third, scatter Missile Turrets in groups of four behind the bunkers (try to build to this point rapidly because the Turrets will uncloke any Protoss Observer that is sure to come your way). Lastly, place your tanks behind the Missile Turrets in groups of five or more in Siege Mode, the long-range Shock Cannon will stop your enemy dead in its tracks.
Now, step back and take a look at the big picture...you will have a kick-ass Tactical Defense Fortress!

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
cool trick i do that but only with 1 line of depots 1 line of bunker and 5 missle turrets but it and 5tanks behind butit only works good with comps since they dont atatck the depots they only try to kil the bunkers so againts humans that sucks and build battle cruisers like 12 then swarm a base works for me if thers a lot of minerals if no stick to goliaths and tanks

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Xel
cool trick i do that but only with 1 line of depots 1 line of bunker and 5 missle turrets but it and 5tanks behind
I'd bring in Guardians and slice your defense up. Or maybe Reavers, other Siege Tanks, Cracklings (after I plague your defensive lines), etc.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
I'd still own it. With my Defilers, I'd own your newbie ass! :p

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
defilers suck ther attacks bearly work we just need to be ion plague and you cant harm us so its good for yuo and me and im not newb im avrege

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Xel
defilers suck ther attacks bearly work we just need to be ion plague and you cant harm us
Ion Plague? What the ****? Unless you have w hole shitload of Medics behind your defense ready to Restore your units when the plague hits them, you're screwed.

Originally posted by Xel
im not newb im avrege
I really don't care...

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
plague does not harm us it onkly hides us from enemy so its pointless trowing it near ur enemys guyz if no they can enter and u can harm em until the plague goes away

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
What the **** are you talking about you derranged monkey? Plague takes away up to around 300 health from a unit over the span of maybe 10-15 seconds. It does do damage, and plenty of it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Lets get back on topic

Terran is a realy good race, lets post about terran, take your petty quarrels about zerg into their forum.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Alright. Master... ;) :p

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
LOL its just that its terran and we are talking about zerg here. in fact ill go post a defiler post alright?

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
I like battles between Terran and Zerg. I even create top vs. bottom games named Zerg vs. Terran. Although I favor Terran, I favor Zerg more and I do like kicken some Terran ass with Zerg.

My strategy tip for Terran is:
Prepare to Die when battleing Zerg!!!
Hahahahah!!!

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by KerriganForever
My strategy tip for Terran is:
Prepare to Die when battleing Zerg!!!
Hahahahah!!!
Unless you're a newbie playing as Zerg against some l33t terran player. :)

Silent_Assassin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
heres one of my most famous used strat...... distract with marnie and firebat combo from the front and come from the side first with BC's (upgraded) to knock out any defenses and then drop in with drop ships 12 or less full with Goliths (fully upgraded) and you will win 4 out of 5 times!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Well none of these strats will work against experienced players...