NE~PotM vs KotG

What's your NE hero order if you did Triple Hero?

• DH-PotM-KotG (Me)

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • DH-KotG-PotM (Many of you)

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Kotg-DH-PotM (Maybe)

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • KotG-PotM-DH (What!?)

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • PotM-DH-KotG (Maybe)

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • PotM-KotG-DH (*ouch* maybe)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
PotM vs KotG

Most NE players take DH as their first hero. No surprise, it's great. But after that, which one would you take?

Skills-wise, the KotG has the best beat. Roots, FoN. The PotM has only Scout and Searing Arrows. The KotG is also a prime spellcaster and has a quite a bit of mana. The PotM doesn't.

But where does the PotM win? Starfall. Forget countering it for a while. If you deal more damage per second, you won't have to worry about those 'dead' things damaging you. Your damage intake decreases exponentially as you damage as well. Tranquility isn't going to make it better: you're gonna deal the same amount and take the same amount. If Tranquility healed 75HP per second in waves as Starfall does damage, maybe.

Roots and FoN aren't stuff to scream about either. Roots deals little damage anyway, and can be abolished. FoN on the other hand raises only a few Treants, and would you make way for them and lose some seconds of damage?

It comes down to auras as well. As I said, dealing more makes your damage loss fall exponentially. Trueshot deals more damage than Thorns deals back. And many won't go mass melee either. (Though 1.06 might change that)

So, if you had the chance, which would you take first in Triple Hero?

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Generally, I go DH+Keeper. In solo, I very rarely, if ever, get a PotM. Entangle is the reason you get the keeper. Period. It almost sucks becides entangle, though its other abilities can help a bit. Entangle a hero, it can't run or TP, entangle a unit at the back of the lines and it can't run away, entangle a worker, it dies. Potm is very good in team games for trueshot aura (the reason you get the preistess), which can be a killer if you have mostly ranged units. DH is good overall and takes damage, thats why its the first.

DoS_Zeratul

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well you 42bn6 you talka bout the end of the game to compare the 2 heroes..but in the beginning of the game, the kotg skillz are much more apreciated. But when there are no goblin laboratories to scan with close, i migh get a potm to be able to scout more. Scouting,contering,micro is the key to win in war3 i think.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DH/KotG is the way I would go. Although maybe KotG first for harassment might work. The DH would have to come out really fast, though. In any case, the KotG has some really great stuff for early combat, namely Entangle. Entangle's the main reason why you wanna have a WoN or some kind of dispelling ability against NE.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Zeratul, don't forget the 'x' in my name :D

I knew too many of you didn't do what I did. Maybe I'll try it more often. But have any of you used DH-PotM-KotG?

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
I will usually gat a kotg and rush with the terants
then i will creep and get a DH

Zantetsuken

Premium Member
Reaction score
Even though Kotg can kill a few peons w/ entangling roots, why would u want him as a hero at all? I think he's one of the worst (maybe even the worst) hero of all. His Thorns aura is a crappier counter to Vampiric aura, his summons can be dispelled, negated, or abolished easily, his ultimate is a stand still version of a healing ward... the only thing this hero has thats worth mentioning is entangling roots, which can kill a couple of peons by the way...
:rolleyes:

"Have you any Ale?"

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
A good rush at the beginning, that ive found with a KotG, when I actually do get him first, which isnt often, is to assign your first skill point to that treant skill. Then, find the enemies base, he shouldnt have anything but a hero.... Summon your treants, send them to attack his gold miners, and then go creep some easy creeps so that you can level. Once you do hit lvl 2, put that point to entangling roots. Gather up your units /w your KotG (at this point all he should have is a hero, and a few units if hes good, that is, if you did this right...) and focus fire on his hero. Make sure that you summon treants to help accomplish this. Also, make sure you use entangling roots, because it does damage and prevents him from moving, and also inturrupts his attack. You should easily take out his army, and his base is a sitting duck. Ive only tried this a couple times, and i have like a 75% winning percentage with it. Try it and tell me what you think about it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
This is good versus orc and humans. Ne have a little trouble with doing this since they can just use their exploding kamikaze spell and drain your mana early. UD would also have a hard time dealing with this, until he upgrades his town hall, or get a nerub and spirit tower built.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
KoTg-DH-PoTm

Keeper first, great for rushing, or if they rush you. I usally get like 24 or so hunts and Tranquility is great for the big ol' meele battles. 2 great rush abilities. Summon up some treants to add for more units attacking. Or use entangling roots and kill peon/pesant/wisp/acolyte with 1 shot. I think...Thorns Aura returns damage.

I acualy only get that 1 hero, dont like really high upkeep. 25 hunts takes up like 60 or so food. I get 15 wisp (w/o exp) and 1 hero. Thats takes up so much anyway another hero and i couldnt bare it

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
LoL, why dont you like getting high upkeep?
I like to get near max at least, really helps in battles with the extra units, + my score at the end of the game is higher! :)

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Well if i have a few expansions its fine but +4 gold isnt good