My thoughts on homosexaulity

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
God is the same throughout the entire Bible.. though different situations called for different responses and judgements... its quite silly to say that he has changed. He says he is the same yesterday the same today and the same tomorrow. the only difference is the aspects of God shown..

and technically Xenoce anyone who is sinning is outside of God's will for their life. this doesn't mean they should be treated with less kindness, love etc

sorry tempest i should have been a little more specific with my definition of promiscuity i may have been using a word that was a little too extreme.. this comes from my ditzyness... anyway. what i meant was that it is the same as sleeping with people outside of marriage. Yes i think homosexuality is harmful.. whether it is society that makes it so or whether it is because it was against God's will there is no doubt that homosexuals suffer alot more than heterosexuals. (generally!)

my reasons for homosexuality being harmful are based on my religious convictions as all morals are. there is really not much else to base them on.

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
cloning is definetely playing god god meant us to reproduce with sex,naturally not by cloning people with some damn machines

dateRape

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Forged
Yes but only 1/6th of the world worship your god so you really cant use that as any kind of argument spruce...
Who are you to say he can't? And where do you come up with that figure. And 1/6 of the world worship which God? I will be waiting on your answer. I am curious to know which God has captured 1/6 of the world.

Spruce you saying that we should reproduce naturally willl get you in alot of trouble here. They dont take kindly to you speaking out against them. I am just warning you. A joke ha ha ha ha

c9h13no3

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sprucegoose
cloning is definetely playing god god meant us to reproduce with sex,naturally not by cloning people with some damn machines
Do you even know what it means to clone someone?

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Jaden: The only reason homosexuality is harmful is because Christians demonize it. They make it evil, and disgusting. They use every bad word they can think of to discribe homosexuality. They have made gays into the modern day n*ggers of the world. Hell, the Christian Right is making so that more ppl hate gays than they do the Jews! The Christian Right and their twisted sence of "the family institution" is the only reason gays aren't allowed to marry. And then ppl like you go off about it being ****ing promiscuious. The Christian Right is the only reason that being gay is dangerous.

You seem to be under the impression that gays can't be happy together. Well guess what, the divorce rate in America is over 50% now. So if anything, it would be more accurate to say that it's harder to find love with a member of the opposite sex than with the same sex, at least that would be the case if were using your logic.

Jaden, Jaden. Religion does not equate morals. Really now, are Atheists amoral ppl? How about Nihilists with they're belief is absolutly nothing. Perhaps Buddhists are evil because they don't worship a God? And you know just as well as I do that they are plenty of religious ppl out there with the morals of a dog. Come on Jaden, I thought you were a little smarter than that.

As for what else to base your morals on. Common sence is always good. Logic? Reasoning? Thats where I find mine. But of course, all of these things fly right in the face of the Church, hence they are wrong, right? :rolleyes:

DR, you seem to have a bad habit about getting ppl's sexes wrong, you know that. Jaden is a girl.

And Forged, the correct figure, unfortunatly, is more like 1/4 of the world.

Oh, and DR, anyone with a brain the size of a peanut would realize he was refering to the Christian God.

aphextwin

Reaction score
I heard that ... 10% of the world population is homosexual (i dont know if they were born that way though) and i heard 10% of the world population is also lefthanded..... my friend was either talking bs or the truth said any male that is left handed.... 75% of them are gay :( dunno though but i find ppl that are left handed are nicer than right handed ppl.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by newbie4lyfe
I heard that ... 10% of the world population is homosexual (i dont know if they were born that way though) and i heard 10% of the world population is also lefthanded..... my friend was either talking bs or the truth said any male that is left handed.... 75% of them are gay :( dunno though but i find ppl that are left handed are nicer than right handed ppl.
The only reliable source I have for homosexuality rates would be my Social Deviance text book (Tittle) and it gave the homosexuality rate per 100 people at about 4.5.

sprucegoose

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
everyone can have there own opinion on gays but i mean CMON if your NOT gay then i dont see how you COULDNT br disgusted by it

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Whether of not you're disgusted by them is irrelivent. Why is i irrelivent? BECAUSE WHAT THEY DO IN THEIR BEDROOMS ISN'T ANYONE'S BUSINESS BUT THEIR OWN!

So regardless of how one feels about gay sex itself, that isn't a good enough reason to discriminate against them.

c9h13no3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by sprucegoose
everyone can have there own opinion on gays but i mean CMON if your NOT gay then i dont see how you COULDNT br disgusted by it
So you're saying I should be more disgusted by 2 individuals in love, than by 2 individuals willfully hating a large group of people?

Man this IS messed up world.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Originally posted by dateRape
Who are you to say he can't? And where do you come up with that figure. And 1/6 of the world worship which God? I will be waiting on your answer. I am curious to know which God has captured 1/6 of the world.

Spruce you saying that we should reproduce naturally willl get you in alot of trouble here. They dont take kindly to you speaking out against them. I am just warning you. A joke ha ha ha ha
I got that fugure from a wolrd History bvook I had last year, it said their were around 900million chritian/catholic people. Or people that say they are anyway... Im assuming these numbers are from Census around the world collected from diffrent countrys.

If you dont know what a Cenus is (Im guessing you dont) Look it up in a dictonary. You might learn some new words.

The Population on earth is aroun 6.5billlion, I rounded a little and said 1billion people are christian with 6billoin are on earth logically putting 1,000.000,000/6,000,000,000th

Simplify the number to 1/6th.

You might says well damn thats alot that must mean that everyone should believe in God now... But their are ruffly 1.8billon buddist meaning about 1/3 of the world is buddihst or say they are anyway.

LethalPhoenixXx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this is what i think

you cannoy be born homo. or straight, but later on in your life somethign encourages you to go to ONE SIDE, and then thats that...

ugh, then again, you could be mentally retarded and not know any better...

i dont mean to be mean, but i hate 100% of all homosexuals, and wish they left this earth! homosexuality is WRONG, and shud be banend ...FOREVERE.....FOREVER....FOREVER....foooorrreeevvvveeerrrrrrrr

haha

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by LethalPhoenixXx
this is what i think

you cannoy be born homo. or straight, but later on in your life somethign encourages you to go to ONE SIDE, and then thats that...

ugh, then again, you could be mentally retarded and not know any better...

i dont mean to be mean, but i hate 100% of all homosexuals, and wish they left this earth! homosexuality is WRONG, and shud be banend ...FOREVERE.....FOREVER....FOREVER....foooorrreeevvvveeerrrrrrrr

haha
And I wish a magical fire would wash over the earth and burn away all of the ppl like you (most commonly known as idiots, fools, twits, dumbasses and bigots). But guess what, we all don't get what we wish for.

Now I mean it when I say this, the next idiot that comes in here and says some stupid shit like this idiot just said, is gonna get warned. "oh its jus teh wrong and teh gayzzors and i wish it woula ll just die and go away forevers!!!!! lolzies! gay suxck coxxors!!!!11!!", is not a valid arguement, and there is only so much ignorance I can tolerate. Thank you.

And Forged, when was your school book written. ;) Because, as much as I love Buddhism, it isn't that freakin big man. They got around 360 million members max. And Christianity comes in at #1 with a little over 2 billion followers, which, actually makes me sad. :(

Here, look it up for yourself, http://www.religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Well, that book still flies right in the face of that site, which is one of the leaders in unbiased religious information. So, take you pick. :)

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
aaarrrgghh Tempest i wasn't saying homosexuals were promiscuous.. i was saying that according to the Bible Promiscuity, sleeping around, any sin really, is the same as homosexuality in God's eyes.. therefore Christians should technically be focusing their 'attacks' on these things too, and not give the impression that homosexuality is any worse than anything else...

And about the 1/6 of the world population.. many people believe that Allah is the same God as that of the Christians and Muslims are also against homosexuality as is Judaism.. i believe combined these would make up even more of the population? maybe not. i don't know its irrelevent..

TEMPEST
moral:
- Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character

- Teaching or exhibiting goodness or correctness of character and behavior

- Conforming to standards of what is right or just in behavior; virtuousArising from conscience or the sense of right and wrong

- Having psychological rather than physical or tangible effects

- Based on strong likelihood or firm conviction, rather than on the actual evidence

generally any idea about right and wrong comes from a religion, or conincides with a religion.. if there is nothing to judge right and wrong by then where do these morals come from? please explain.

also speaking from a non christian point of view... why is it that most people find the idea of homosexuality repulsive.. don't give me crap about christianity demonising it... christianity says its bad to have sex out of marriage millions do it ever day, christianity says its bad to smoke and do drugs millions do it ever day.. it comes down to people will believe what they want to. The fact is that even to an atheist or whoever it is you want to target homosexual acts are offensive, and repulsive.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Offensive? No not really but their are other things.

Igonrance people fear what they dont understand, many hetero people dont understand how gay people can like on another.
They also might find it gross because it turns you off to see it if you are that misfortunate.