My short story

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Ambiance... the atmosphere or mood set by items around it. Thats how i describe it. Its a certain feeling you get when your around certain things.

Asher would wake up everyday, in his bleak bland american middle class room, walk down his bleak bland american middle class stairs, and eat the american breakfast. Eggs and toast. He walked to school everyday, a young man with hopes and aspects of the highest levels, and potential to match. He wasnt the popular kid, in fact he was quite the opposite. Every day in his boring world on the way to school he found himself in the same situation, four guys ready to mug him. He didnt want a fight today, and so he hopped the tall brown fence on his left, and walked through his neighbors backyards. He didnt have anything to loose today. Today he was ready. He walked into the halls, and went right to his locker, his long blond hair draping gently over his light green eyes. Almost 8, its about time. His "friends" were right on cue. A few short moments later he was on the ground, the four guys and their buddies around him. Today he would take it. It wasnt time. He would simply get up and walk away. And so he did. Or at least tried.

"where are you going you stupid little fag?" The tallest of the bunch was speaking now"

A sudden uprising of courage (and stupidity) made him lash out, something that assured his fate, at least in Ashers mind. Another punch. Another. A boot to the stomach, two guys holding him as the rest join in on the festivities. Blood splattered the metal cold lockers, and laugher was arising as young Asher was tossed into a wall as two professors come running, his lip bloody and his face battered. Another day... another time.

The next day was the same, though he couldnt seem to figure a way of getting around these guys before school. This time they caught them, and again his face became a bloody mess, a pulpy black and blue enrusted with red blood.

another day... another time.

Weeks passed and Asher was in and out of hospitals, treated for broken arms, noses, and massive blood losses from his routine beatings. He was within inches of his life.

Months passed until one day he found a friend. A friend he could trust, one he would tell his problems and secrets. But they wouldnt leave him alone, or his friend. He was guilty by association... and another year passed of trips to and from the hospital.

i wont take it today... i cant i wont!

Today was the day, he constantly told himself this. But the day never arrived. Only more pain and suffering. His friend was now beside him though. The only thing he had. But they wouldnt let him survive... because he was guitly by association. So they beat him to a bloody heap of flesh and blood. He died that day, leaving his friend behind, a crying reck. His murder was never solved. They had no evidence as to who did it, no clues were left. The bullies burned their clouthing, or somehow got rid of it because justice was NEVER served.

Today is the day... i wont take it

He managed to get by the bullies today before school, and as he walked into the halls, he waited, his long coat fluttering in the icy breeze blowing through the hall ways. 8 am. Right on time. They walked in unison, their eyes taunting and laughing at asher. With a sudden flip of his wrist a pistol was drawn and pointed at the main bullies face.

Every fucking day you beat me until im unconcious, and i cant say a damned thing if i value my life. Everyday you push me around. Not today. Today is the day... i wont take it. You cant hurt me today. Today is the day i wont take it. Today i mow down any bullshit in my path, and i finish the job i have long planned. You killed him! My only friend, the only one i had you killed. No mom. No dad. Just fucking foster parents who constantly bitch and moan. Well **** it. I WONT TAKE IT ANYMORE!

His pistol was raised high and ready to shoot. His years of suffering was over, he was free, at least in his mind. A defening gunshot rings through what seems to be the entire city.

The day is over, and so i ashers life; taken to stop his endless suffering. Years of pain and torment over for him, and starting for others.