My attempt at ZvT

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
I played a ZvT LT match against some guy I met who claimed to be from Korea. On a scale of 1-10 1 being god-awful and 10 being not so bad, how badly did I do and how could I have done better?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I just watched all of the replay. You did good, but there are alot of areas where you can improve. This is what i found...

• You didn't expo whore the map.
  • You could've gone Guardians early and raped his M&M army.
  • You need to manage your economy better and build ALOT more workers, you never had enough.
  • You need more Hatcheries.
  • You could've gone Ultralisks. With base armor and armor upgrades, you are nigh on invincible against Marines.
  • You never retreated your Mutalisks when his M&M army was closing in. M&M rapes Mutas, save your Mutas for harassment, never for taking on an M&M army. So basically, your micro needs to be fine-tuned.

Other than that you did ok. You *could've* won that match in hindsight, if you went Ultras or Guardians.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
M&M have greater range than Muta. Here are some ideas I think can help you.
  1. Make lurkers, they do 20 damage for a reason. Two lurker strikes at 0/0 Marine = Death
  2. Use Guardians, then ensare any Marines that think about trying to reach you
  3. Ultralisks could help, but not really. IF they can, get them to 3/3 and research all upgrades. Use them as 'meat shields' for your lurkers.
  4. EXPAND LIKE YOU NEVER EXPAND BEFORE
  5. If your Queen(s) have energy left, SB medics! Even though waste of energy, prevents one more unit from being healed. MEdics can heal, just not that fast when they are taking 20+ dmg.
  6. 6 Ling rush him HARD, you may be able to kill a few SCVS
  7. Most of all, learn that lurkers/guardians > M&M.

Your problem basically lies in what units you construct!

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you are are pretty solid zerg player, but you need more expos

Also, when you see a terran going hardcore infantry, by all means, go hydra/lurkers. Guardians and ultras can be build in late game. Try to avoid using mutas against massive marines.

You also suicided many mutas on several occasions, pay more attention to your force

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Don't go overboard with the Hydras, you can use the control for more powerful units!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
  1. If your Queen(s) have energy left, SB medics! Even though waste of energy, prevents one more unit from being healed. MEdics can heal, just not that fast when they are taking 20+ dmg.
If that was any solid technique (it isn't because, well, marines are so cheap it's not worth it), why not bling the medics?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Oh well, still I am right about the lurkers. Just get 'meat shields' to keep them alive.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Eh Guardians is certainly not the way to go vs. M&M because they will just stim and run you down, the numbers will certainly overwhelm your incredibly much more expensive units. Lurkers would obviously be your best bet, it's very smart to ally your enemy(not vision) and wait for his units to be walking right on top of your lurkers, then unally, because then you can do full damage to the mass of his army at once.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, but the alliancy wouldnt be mutual. If he brings detectors he can kill the lukers before you have the chance to unally and kill him first.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
You can actually hold the lurkers using an overlord selected at the same time, and they won't attack untill you hit s, but that's cheap and not allowed in tournaments, I do believe.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
just keep pressing S over and over,if u see rines comming,it is bad manner,and dont think its alloud in tourny's