• Hydralisk

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Ryu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Most useless is definitely Infested Terran. Not only do they never come into play in any real game, their build time is quit long, and they're usually shot down before they get anywhere.

Ultralisk is definitely a useful unit, I use them all the time in late game zvt, or zvp match ups. They're great as meat shield to take the infantry fire while zerglings and lurkers get through to rip marines apart. They're good at absorbing the psi storm from toss, to keep the damage away from your weaker units like hydras and lings.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Infested terran, cause they are hard to get, take too long to make (since you can only make 1 at a time) and they really aren't worth all the teouble. The ultra is one of the best IMO. There is no other unit in the game like the ultralisk. It's the fastest unit in the game (when upgraded) and it has 400/400 hp. What other unique can go up again a bunch of marines, ghosts and firebats and come out alive? No unit can (except for BC's and carriers, but they can be locked down!). The ultra is my personal favorite to use in a combination with Hydras and Defilers. Those 3 make the perfect combination.

skuzzy

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by Ryu
Most useless is definitely Infested Terran. Not only do they never come into play in any real game, their build time is quit long, and they're usually shot down before they get anywhere.

Ultralisk is definitely a useful unit, I use them all the time in late game zvt, or zvp match ups. They're great as meat shield to take the infantry fire while zerglings and lurkers get through to rip marines apart. They're good at absorbing the psi storm from toss, to keep the damage away from your weaker units like hydras and lings.
^^^^^ Smart guy ..... I whole-heartidly agree with you.

To anyone who doubt the ultras abilities, just think about it... You send 6 ultras into a base and think about it... that's a combined total of 2400/2400 HP. That's more than a HIVE! Think about how long it takes uniques to kill a hive. Plus, ultras have armor... hive's don't. You send those 6 ultras infront of your hydras, then use defiler's dark swarm overtop of the ultras and they will do some serious damage.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SkuZZy
also originaly posted by SkuZZy
nfested terran, cause they are hard to get, take too long to make (since you can only make 1 at a time) and they really aren't worth all the teouble.
I like the lurker, infested terran and the ultra. honestly i think the best unit to drop is the infested terran, they are fast, do devastating damage, like 5-6 can take out a hive and they are great for team games. they arn't impossible to get, (you just need to expand your strategys to except them). You pick zerg and your partner picks terran, tell him to send over a cc. then infest it and build mass infested terrans. 2 cc can get out 10 infested reLY ast. and you can build 5 at a time like a normal terran buildning. and Ultras are realy good. use ultras to absorbe the shots, then burrow lurkers and the do great damage. but i hardly never attack the front. most only attack the front and waste all their money on front defence. so drops, and air atacks do damage.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
I agree with pan_the_man Infested Terran are useful in team game especially if your teammate is willing to give up a CC, but i also think they do suck if you plan on going in head on. Infested Terran are one of Zerg's more strategic units.
Like for instance you can tear someone up by dropping 8 Lings and 4 Infested Terran cause the lings will act as a distraction, or if someone is keeping a mass of unit waiting to attack you can combine them with a couple of Defilers.

And I think using Ultralisk as a meat sheild is a pretty good idea. Thanx for that plan Skuzzy i found me a whole new way to use Ultra's

And for the people who think Broodlings are useless should think again because they do wanders against a mass of Seiged Tanks
even if they have the tanks spread out a little bit they will at least take some splash damage.

Aris

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well it was a toss up for me between ultra and infested. i went with ultra.

i like using broodlings on siege tanks. specially if their tanks arnt guarded they tend to blow themselves up with the splash dmg. :)

reason for infested was cause they tend to be hard to get. when/if you do get them they can be great for distractions, but you cant really use them to take down an apponent.

ultra's. while i agree are good meat shields. you dont get them til WAY late in the game. and personally id rather have another preset of guardians than a few meat shields.

firebat451

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have to say infested terran. I have never seen them used and be affective and I have never had an oppertunity to use them. By the time I am at a command center to infest the game is already won. I guess it could be usefull if you have a terran ally but I still say it sucks.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Obviously you can think of a usefull purpous for all units, but the fact is, infested terran is the most under-used unit in the entire game. Therefore, making it the "most useless". Getting infested terrans is too hard to do and IMO, not worth the amount of time it takes to get them.

SkuZZy

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Broodling...

Seriously, how much havoc has a Broodling ever caused in a game? Plus, atleast with me I never have them used on me.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Broodling has always caused havoc especially on Seiged Tanks and you dont have to waste any units trying to get to the tanks because their made outta thin air, well basically their made outta human flesh, but you get the point.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by SmashBros.Pro
I just decided to make this pole because everyone else is posting poles on favorite units.

Personally I think the Ultralisk is the most useless.
I agree it cant hit air and attacks very slowly ultralisk vs ling
ling would do a lot of dammage about half

Wolfie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Useless?

I cant think of any zerg Unit that could be considered useless.

if it were useless or considered useless a patch would come out and fix that.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Definately Broodlings

Yeah, Broodlings are great for kicking the shit out of closely packed tanks, but you're forgetting what air units can replace the effectiveness of broodlings... guardians. Here's a unit that's going to take a little bit more to kill, won't die after one hit, and tanks can't touch. Yeah, they could get wasted by wraiths, but that's what Ensnare is good for if you don't have an overlord. Additionally, you can easily cover air with some hydras out of range of the tanks with a defiler to add some darkswarm, or some friendly Mutas and scourges.

Granted you can kill one tank for the cost of nothing once you research 'Spawn Broodling' but think of how long it takes to get that energy... let's say there's a group of 20 tanks all together, blocking an entrance for 3v3 0 clutter or something. It takes 150 energy to spawn one set of 2 broodlings. Now if you consider the fact that this player obviously has more than 2 factories to produce all these tanks, than you'll know that they'll be quickly replaced. If you think attacking right after you do this is going to work, you might be sadly mistaken. Splash damage would take out what... 4 or 5 adjacent tanks, tops. Plus the player (if intelligent enough) would have air support, entailing either mass wraiths, or some BCs as well. That right there spells diasaster for the mishappen Zerg player. Spawning Broodlings is something better left for ladder maps where every mineral counts, and you can use that ability to make the player constantly replace expensive units =)

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
ultras

Ultralisks are the worst unit period. They cant do crap worth damage and they take all day to get.

manofhonor

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lol Never thing ultra suck, they are one of the best units in the game, i almost gave people heart attacks with my ultralisk rush on blood bath.....

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
The only "useless" unit in that list is the infested terran. They are good for dropping and deal a lot of damage, but they are really hard to get and will rearely be seen in a melee game.

Defiler - Plague and especially dark swarm are some of the most usefull spells in the game.

Ultralisk - Ultras + zerglings in dark swarm is one of the most effective pushes in the game.

Broodling - 1 spawned broodling = 1 dead tank or high templar. 6 queens = a terran army without tanks or a protoss force without storm protection. Need i say more?

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
I think Ryu says it best*
Originally posted by:
Ryu
Master of the Art

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
the ultras r useless

Even broodlings r better then ultras
- there free
- no long time to get

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
I guess thats why the best players in the world use both ultras, queens and defilers. lol :rolleyes: