Most addicting game you've played?

Whaturmuva

Eating the souls of children
Reaction score
Website
aqua-teen.com
I can honestly say that the most addicting game I have ever played was Warcraft III. Now I played World of Warcraft but it did not suck me in nearly as much as warcraft 3. It is amazing and I still play after all of these years.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Phantasy STar Online: Blue Burst from a third party server.

Just finished run 13 for a Spread Needle :(

Dope-Man

Reaction score
fallout 3 was pretty addictive for me i played it so much.

Nickman13

Reaction score
Minecraft was definitely the most addictive game I've ever played. I could sit at my PC or Xbox all day doing nothing but playing Minecraft. I love the aspect of always getting better and progressively getting better tools. Even when I had full diamond armor I thought to myself "I can still do better".

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Thus far, I'd have to say Burnout Paradise, Forza 4 and a few of the LEGO games have been the most addicting to me. They each have many levels to the game that I can get enjoyment from. Burnout has different events, Forza has the many races, but they also have the Vinyl Creator and LEGO is the puzzle solving, the vignettes, the stud collecting. They are all well done.

Snrm

Gaming since 1993
Reaction score
It definitely has to be Halo 3 and Halo Reach for me. I am pretty close to the highest rank in Halo Reach and I have over 2000 matches won in Halo 3! I have to admit that Reach wasn't as addicting as 3 but they both kept me playing for a long time! It has been awhile since I played Halo 3 but I have spent the past few weeks getting hyped for Halo 4, which I hope is just as addicting as Halo 3!

fred87nc

Member!
Reaction score
I believe it really depends on your gaming experience, the first few years I was most addicted to Socom, Final Fantasy 11 mmorpg, and later on PS3 Call of Duty 4. Now even though there are better games, I just cant get addicted like I used to. I wish I could get that feeling again, I guess its like every addiction, the effects arent as strong after prolongued use.

jmsben12

Reaction score
What makes me the most addicted to games is the content. If I enjoy the core gameplay mechanics, and there is enough content to keep me going for 800 hours. Then I'll do that, I'll get addicted and play for 800 hours. Here are the main games that feature enough content to keep me in a junkie state:

1. World of Warcraft
2. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
3. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
4. Elder Scrolls PC Games
5. MineCraft

Counter Strike 1.6 might be the only exception to the rule! :heart:

JoshTheBoss

Reaction score
Everquest, by far.

And the addiction paled in comparison to the pure timesink it was.

In WoW, a quest goes like this.

*Click NPC*
*Accept Quest*
*Kill 5 Guys*
*Get Reward*

In Everquest, it's a little more like this.

You: Hail, guard.
guard: Hail, you. It seems like a nice morning for a walk.
You: Hows the weather
guard:
You: Lets take a walk
guard:
You:I'd like my quest please
guard:
You: WHAT DO I NEED TO SAY TO GET MY QUEST?!?!?

:)

Grimnir

Reaction score
I think Final Fantasy XI is the game I was most addicted to. I was so excited for the game that I imported a Japanese copy before it came out in the U.S. and even got a Japanese keyboard to help try to talk to other players! Of course, that didn't work out so well...

When the game came out in the U.S., I started a new character with a bunch of friends and we played the game from day to night. We would spend a ton of time just exploring, not even trying to level. I don't think there will ever be another MMO that can match that experience for me. It just happened at the right time in my life!

JoshTheBoss

Reaction score
I think Final Fantasy XI is the game I was most addicted to. I was so excited for the game that I imported a Japanese copy before it came out in the U.S. and even got a Japanese keyboard to help try to talk to other players!
Haha! I have to say, out of every post in the section, you are the most dedicated. I've heard of people buying games from different countries before, but also buying the keyboard?

Man that is hilarious. :D

alighieri00

Reaction score
World of Warcraft. Not in the crazy, I've got to sit down and play for twelve hours straight every day sense (though I have done that), but simply because it was what I played, everyday for six years. It was kind of like drinking my morning coffee after a certain point, a daily ritual to be taken for granted. Despite all the flaming I've seen toward the game it was probably one of the best games ever made. ....maybe.

Grimnir

Reaction score
Medieval II: Total War wins the award for most addicting game for me! It has that "just one more turn" style of play that will keep me glued to the computer until it's way too late at night. It's different every time you play it and it never gets boring to me.

JoshTheBoss

Reaction score
World of Warcraft. Not in the crazy, I've got to sit down and play for twelve hours straight every day sense (though I have done that), but simply because it was what I played, everyday for six years.
Haha, this reminds me of the first summer I played WoW. It wasn't even a year old yet so I was grinding to 60 to join the #1 raid guild that my buddy in real life had joined. This is was repeatedly would happen each time I fought a monster.

1. Attack monster
2. Fall Asleep
3. Wake up almost dead
4. Kill monster, drink food/water
5. Fall Asleep
6. Wake up to something attacking me again.

Lmao

JoshTheBoss

Reaction score
Medieval II: Total War wins the award for most addicting game for me! It has that "just one more turn" style of play that will keep me glued to the computer until it's way too late at night. It's different every time you play it and it never gets boring to me.
I am the worst with saying "ooh just one more".

It is never one more.

It is never two more.

It is usually fifty more.

:acclaim:

klarawoodenjr

Reaction score
The most addicting game that I have played was Crysis and Mass effect games. They are both shooting games and I always loved to play sci-fi games especially if the game is not a linear based story.

Vigorix

Reaction score
I agree about WoW, I played it for about a month but I wasn't a huge fan of it. I think it was really the monthly cost that put me off. In my mind that forces you to play more than you normally would.

I think the most addictive game I've played would be Starcraft 2. I probably have played over 1000 games on it. It's nice that it doesn't have a monthly payment. Also I think the ranking system is really well done and gives a sense of progression.

Bloomatic

Member!
Reaction score
World of Warcraft. I started playing in 2006, and I'm still playing. I go through phases where I don't play for a while, but I always come back. The fact that they keep adding new content and activities definitely keeps me interested. I like this kind of game, and WoW it´s one of the best.

BOBDOB

Reaction score
Minecraft would have to be my most addicting game. It was just so simple, yet so COMPLEX. Just when I'd think I'd had enough of it another update would roll through and freshen things up. The countless hours I've spent with friends on Minecraft at early hours of the morning are astonishing! I just think the amount of things to do are endless. It is a TRULY open world game in my opinion.