:Module Idea:

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i have 2 ideas that seem like good plans:

extended buddy list: just as said, make it possible to have more then 20 ppl on your buddy list. im guessing it would work kinda like a log. you type in your list of buddies on a notepad, save, and then its accessible threw a ".list" command for d2hackit or somethin...or a stand alone exe program , whichever ^ ^ (yes, this has been mentioned in the past by other ppl)

idea #2:
Aim accesibility: hate having to minimize d2 to talk on aim? me too. thats how i came up with this idea. Although im not sure how hard it would be to create, or even IF its possible. my idea was somethin like designating a part of the screen on the monitor (desktop) to keep open IM messeges, and then having a program able to read (kinda like a keylogger, but reversed, so u can see what OTHER people are typing, not what you are typing) and sending it into d2 via a mod., then allowing you to respond in the same idea.

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
1) Np at all...I figuered out how to save stuff into a txt file and how to print the stuff on screen...use it if you want to create this module: (taken from a module I made)

BOOL EXPORT OnClientStop()
{
ofstream examplefile ("RunLog.html");
if (examplefile.is_open())
{
examplefile << "<body bgcolor=black text=white>";
examplefile << "<p><font size=5 color=blue><b>StatFun by StarFish - Bot Edition</b></font></p><br><b>";
examplefile << "Killed enemies: ";
examplefile << kills;
examplefile << "<br>";
examplefile << "Number of attacks: ";
examplefile << hits;
examplefile << "<br>";
examplefile << "Items picked up: ";
examplefile << items;
examplefile << "<br>";
examplefile << "NPC visits: ";
examplefile << npc;
examplefile << "<br>";
examplefile << "Games created: ";
examplefile << gms;
examplefile << "<br>";
examplefile << "Merc revivals: ";
examplefile << merc;
examplefile << "<br></b>";
examplefile.close();
}
return TRUE;
}
Then just use this to display it in-game:

BOOL PRIVATE OnGameCommandShow(char** argv, int argc)
{
char thar[256];
sprintf(thar, "ÿc4You have ÿc3%i ÿc4friends!", variabletobedisplayed);
server->GamePrintInfo(thar);
return true;
}
Search google for "C++ write text" to get a tutorial on how write/read from txt file...should be ez :)

I would write in on my own but Im gonna go watch Scary Movie 3 now , cheers :p

2) Should be possible since C++ is really powerful I know there was a winamp-module once...should be the same thing :)

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
id try to make the first on my own, but i have no time, my house flooded the other day (read chit chat, the "Friday 13'th" thread) + i suck at programing still.

i was hoping the XHS could put it on there list of "things to do" :D

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
why dont u simply attach it? :p

or you could sign up at web1000.com ... they're free :)

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
okies lol, tyvm. I was wondering how hard it would be to make a new language, I know c++ and all. But how hard/long would it take to make a language that was EASY and just for D2HackIt, would make it fun and easy so everybody would give it a try and not just bitch about people and how we are so bad because we have mastered the game and want to have some fun instead of just quit and leave it to a new newbie Diablo II generation.

PS. If anybody wants to tak to me I'm on AIM right now, ElDiosDeInfierno is meh screen name :lucifer :sly

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
#include <iostream.h>
#include <fstream.h>
const char *FILENAME = "myfile.txt";

int main()
{
//create output object associated w/ file
ofstream fout(FILENAME);
cout << "Enter your text: ";
char str[100];
cin >> str;
//write the text to the file
fout << "here is your text\n";
fout <<str<<endl;
//close file
fout.close();

ifstream fin(FILENAME);
char ch;
while (fin.get(ch))
cout << ch;
fin.close();
return 0;
}

:hbut

thats kinda what you would do to write to a file like '.f a username' as a D2HackIt command, but would would u do for '.f l'?

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, untill somebody posts an answer for me I'm going to work on an advatar please message me on AIM if you have any more Module ideas or have an answer to my question... again my screen name is ElDiosDeInfierno