Module Idea -"MF FindItem Follow mod"

Apokalyps3

Member!
Reaction score
I was doing some MF runs late last night when a mod idea came to me (dunno if its usefull for all you in xpac).

I have a High level PK sorc on classic with very little mf (limited to tarn), and basically no room to have such items. However, I have access to a very high mf finditem barb, naturally my question would be: Could someone make a mod that would allow this mf find item barb to follow me in runs, and pop "loot" the corpses that my sorc leaves behind.

Any feedback would be great,
thnks guys

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
there are (were) modules for that in 1.09 ... you could make a char follow you and even attack monsters ... combined with autoskills (which casts a chosen skill when you want it to) it should work ... but I havent tested any of these modules in 1.10 ... might be an idea for a bot otherwise :)

Apokalyps3

Member!
Reaction score
Could you direct me to where I could find this module, would be a great help.

I know XHS is busy as hell, hey Jimbo wanna help me out ;)

matti

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i'd appreciate a followbot......
as tweak said, lvl 25 would be really easy and i think thats the hardest part of an unskilled character.....
since i'm making some money selling unskilled one's i'd really like to see such a thing... but however there're still other ways to do so ^^ :]

Starfish

Member!
Reaction score
Hey I found the module and it works :D

Still kind of buggy and weird but it works...here

~EDIT: For those who didnt know, this will make your char follow another char and protect it. You can send commands to your follower by chatting (like "stay" or "attack"). The follwing-things are only serverside so the following char wont notice anything. This might get you banned by the way.

Apokalyps3

Member!
Reaction score
Regarding FollowBot3 / Autoskills:

Okay good start however I noticed a few things running Followbot / Autoskills, Listed below are problems that I run into:

----FollowBot-----

*Followbot .03 seems to time out. The character used for following freezes(screen remains, but unplayable/usable) yet on my other computer it runs/follows me fine. After a good 10 mins, followbot shuts down due to timeout (resulted in r/d one outa six times I tested it)

*Player must click on monster in order to attack if not on auto mode.

----Autoskills-----

*No support for any other Barb skills than Shout/Bo/Bc
-really sucks cause I believe this would be kickass idea for MF runs if Finditem was available on the autoskills.

edit: Would it be possible for someone to write a module similar to autoskills but different in that it would allow the usage of the find item skill for barb.

YaZouR

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I have a ide that can be something, u know some items have skills that happen when u get stuck, do the server or client send packet when u is stuck if client, u could send thos stuck clients and that could be pretty cool , like say if u have delirium helm and send stuck packets all the time.

btw the chicken module i said about before post it would be nice if u could sett when it leaves (how much life or mana or bouth that it must sink 2 before leave.)