Messed up bnet

Reaction score
When i try to log on to bnet, it stays at querying gateway and never gets past that. it sometimes gets past it, but then an error message says, well i dont really remember what it says. if i get far enough to c it again, ill post it. if ne one can help me, then plz do.

I have Windows ME (probably the problem), Pentium 3, a dell dimension 4100

I used to be able to log onto bnet, but i havnt played in a while, and i just reinstalled it recently. someone help me.

**After reinstalling starcraft and brood war, and also reinstalling the patch, i got to the error message:

Unable to connect to battle.net. You may be trying to connect to an invalid battle.net server. If using a modem, you may need to manually connect to the internet before connecting to battle.net. For more information go to http://www.battle.net/support/errormessages/.
I am connected w/ cable. i am on useast. if ne one else has this problem it may help.

it would help more if someone knew how to solve it

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Are you using a legitimate copy of StarCraft?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryan
Are you using a legitimate copy of StarCraft?
Yes

Originally posted by coRtALoS
Are you behind a firewall/router?
i do but its disabled (didnt even know i had one b4:D )

Im about to try it again to c if it works
(u never no)

**ok that didnt work

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sicloan
you dont know if your behind a firewall or a router?!?!? have you played on b.net before?!?
yes i have, but my computer has been fixed since then because it was so messed up before. entire hard drive was deleted and windows reinstalled, i didnt no wether or not a firewall was put on.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Are you connected to the internet? Lol

Reaction score
no im not on the internet

strangely enuf this is the only website i can go to.

that way i can talk to ppl to fix my problem of not being here.

lol

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by lurkerinshadow
no im not on the internet

strangely enuf this is the only website i can go to.

that way i can talk to ppl to fix my problem of not being here.

lol
LOL

The newbie just shot down sword tip.;)

gg k thx gtfo

You said you're behind a firewall, but you didn't mention whether you're on a router as well.

When I put my laptop on a wireless router when I moved to my apartment, I found I can't host games on SC anymore because of it. If you're on a router, it's possible the security settings on it (which are seperate from your firewall), could be limiting your gameplay.

Could you describe your entire hookup?

Example for Cable: Cable into cable modem/into router/into computer (wireless, or through Cat5e cable)

--EDIT--

Also, nice to see you know about the 'Edit' button. Most people around here feel it necissary to post twice.

You da man!

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Originally posted by coRtALoS
LOL

The newbie just shot down sword tip.;)

:( It depends on your router cause I have a router and everything works fine. If you have a router I will check it out for you. Maybe some settings specfic for games?

Reaction score
i do have a router, but i have played on this computer using it b4, also i have another computer with starcraft installed on it on the same network, and it works fine, but lan games btwn the 2 dont work