Melee Sorc

Temujen

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been entertaining the notion of building a Melee Sorc but am wondering if it is a waste of time. Are they strictly made for fun or can they seriously handle themselves in the game and in what difficulty? I can see how they can benefit a party with enchant but other than that I'm not sure.

Please tell me about your Melee sorc and how you went about building it (char stats and skill tree points) including the gear your wearing and how it has been working for you. Dont just say "I completely own" and that crap tell me how well it works and the sort of problems you have en****ered.

Your advice will be grately appreciated.....

Solitarium

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you raise em right, then you could definately own in all difficulties. Enchant and Warmth is only 40 skill points so TS and Light mastery are the other two skills set for the fire immunes (shiver armor is awesome also)

I have some awesome items that add a lot of fire dmg to add to enchant, but seeing as though my LoD is screwed I can't name ALL the items that I plan to use right now, but the moment I can get back on I'll make another re

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
djnat is sooooooooooooooooo right. There's been quite a few threads/references to the build before. I'd say EEX's build > all but his is only for like the uber-rich people.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I play ladder + Nonladder, although I only play my PK novanecro + 99 Zon (Questing with friendS). On ladder I'm building a new firesorc for botting ><, my level 50 NovaNecro (Still coming along, although he's realllllly boring right now) and then my cold sorc that has been stripped....

If you want to contact me, try *Code_Omega past 5'ish or so (I have Track & Field).

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
^ are you on west kao?

anyways, i dun think melee sorc is for like pvm or pvp, its jus for fun :p

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
I'd say EEX's build > all but his is only for like the uber-rich people.
A word to the wise: this build is only for the uber-rich people. This CANNOT work without uber-items, because it is almost completely item dependant. Enchant adds fire damage but thats about it. All your base dmg needs to come from your items and your strength. This build wouldnt work at all if the sorc didnt have the cold armors and energy armor. Since youll only be hitting a limited amount of the time (because enchant doesnt add AR, unlike most melee char skills), you need to be able to take those hits.

Killing fire immunes will also be a problem, in some cases.

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by N_LeGeNd)
^ are you on west kao?

anyways, i dun think melee sorc is for like pvm or pvp, its jus for fun :p
A melee sorc wit enchant sure can mak low lvl char lvl up faster. ;)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
^ tru dat! :D its more like support char rather than fighter.. unless u got super uber items :D

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well melle-sorc can be used for pvp also..i'v been pwned by a few .........the key wepaon to use is a passion phaseblade...wit the + skilsl sorcs can have a hell ass fast zeal alogn with aswome def and a back up kill liek t-storm going or what now.....its very possible and i am makin a build simliar to this and i will post a guide for it after i make my hybrid sassy (guide coming soon ^^)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
hmm what exactly is hybrid sassy? mind if i help you out? :p (jus send me the thing from pm, ill try putting my stuff in it when i read it over)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I am on USWest: I play both Ladder and Nonladder, albiet on NL: my Novanecro mainly. If you want to meet up with me sometime, try *Code_Omega past 5'ish (T&F starts- yae!!)