Mario Kart DS

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Holy ****! I never figured after Mario Kart 64 there could be a better Mario KArt. After the gamecube version I had all but figured it was true. But on Tuesday when I picked up Mario Kart DS, I almost pissed my self. This game is so ****ing good. 32 maps, amazing graphics, ONLINE PLAY!?

I said it with Advanced wars, but I retract my statement. If there was a game to make you buy a DS, this is it. Buy MArio kart DS, OR ELSE>!?

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll wait for Children of Mana to come out before getting a DS. Mario Kart looks awesome, but i can't afford a DS right now :(

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I already have Mario Kart DS >_< and a losing record :p I need to beat the hard courses and unlock some more stuff before I try taking on 'the World' again... I probably should stay in my bracket >_<; I swear; this 'Gregg' character that used Toad must have had something like infinite Mushrooms o_O I still can't figure out how he had that kinda speed.

*shrug* Oh well... I love it ^_^ and it's free to play online!

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Any classic game that is playable online is worth getting.

I still wish they would make a FFT for online play :(, but a man can dream; a man can dream.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
RevolutioN said:
LMAO! snaking......... I do it. Im not Gregg. Im RevolutioN in it.
=/ The world are you talking about...?

Anyway... Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles DS is gonna be online. It may not be FFT, but I thought it was great on the GameCube.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
bamthedoc said:
=/ The world are you talking about...?

Anyway... Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles DS is gonna be online. It may not be FFT, but I thought it was great on the GameCube.
Finally, a way to actually play with more than one person without that crappy Game boy advance hookups.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hellwolf_36 said:
Finally, a way to actually play with more than one person without that crappy Game boy advance hookups.
Even as I did play it with 3 others, it gets repetitive after a few hours. Having this online would truly be a joy. I wonder if in game voice chat or touch screen would be used.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Well come on. You play with your friends. After a while, you catch on to thier racing styles and able to beat them easy. However, online there are like 20 million players, and all have the drive to win and kick your ass in the process to achieve this goal. Plus, you don't know these people, so there will truly be some element of challenge.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Unfortunately, they don't take advantage of the built-in microphone and speaker quality of the DS for this game. It's still fun, though :D

ChrisH36

Reaction score
They will probably invent that sometime soon.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Venice_native said:
I've never played it on DS before, and I have developed a question. Does DS have a Battle Mode, like Mario Kart 64 did?
They have a battle mode, balloons,etc. However you can't play it online, only with friends over wireless.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
I know how to do the start boost and you dont :p

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
mariokart> NFS, burnout, project gothem racing, ect.