Legalized Weed

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
as i've said many times before
if weeds illegal why the hell isn't alchohal illegal?
you mean by legalized weed as in weed for the terminily ill? or just as in legalizing it in general

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
Marijuana has the same judgement impairing affects as alchohol. It also does not destroy the lungs,the liver, or cause addiction. Cigarettes are highly addictive and damage the lungs greatly. Alchohol impairs judgement just like marijuana, but also damages the liver. I think that marijuana should be legalized, for several reasons. First, it is clearly hypocritical for the government to have marijuana illegal when alchohol and tobacco are both more harmful. Second, if marijuana were legalized, it could be taxed heavily to work on our growing deficit. Also, if it were legalized, we could empty out a lot of our prisons filled with minor drug offenders and divert funds from our war on drugs to education or intelligence services. The ban on alchohol is just like the prohibition,and that was repealed.

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the reason its not legalized is marijuana can be easily grown anywhere much easier then tobacoo and much easier then it is to make alchohal, it'd be tuffer for them to tax it therefore no profit therefore if they can't make money offa it why let it be legal?

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the government wouldnt make more money off of it because if people wanted it they wouldnt go to the store they would just grow it in their backyard. It also wouldn't be a good idea to have people walking into work high on drugs everyday, nothing would get done. The people like this would get fired and production would start to slow down. (What... it could happen, maybe)

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
If marijuana were to be legalized, people should have to use it intelligently, like alchohol. I think that the taxing thing should not be the only reason for keeping it illegal,and i mentioned other reasons in my previous post.

~Canuck~

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think that weed should be legalized, and two ways i can forsee it helping the economy.

1- They could implement the same laws they have with alcohol, and then tax it like they do cigs now. If people wished to grow on their own, simply make them pay 10$ a plant or something(i.e. sell permits, and without a permit you'd be risking a fine). I sure know i'd pay 10$ to legally grow my own plant.

2- They could continue on where they left off in the 1930's and begin using hemp again, then they could cut down on the cost of paper, save forests, etc etc.

and @ the guy that said people'd just go to work high, that may be true, but just like going to work drunk, they'd get ****ed either buy their employer or the law.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah not many people seemed to be against it so I thought i'd try to provide something to argue with. It is true it would be hard to get people to buy it from stores with taxes when it is grown so easily. And there would probably be an age limit but it would still be even easier than it already is for teenagers to get it and a lot of kids and teenagers wouldn't be able to use it responsibly.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In all truth, marijuanna is as legal as an illegal drug can be. If you smoke it in private it's not illegal. If you do it out on the streets or any public place, you are challenging the police, and they could even break out their night sticks if they wanted to.

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lets look at this in a reality standpoint
i donno about most big cities but in lousville on west side you can walk on the streets smoking a joint and the cops will drive by not thinking twice, doesn't matter how old you are, you can walk into liquar stores with a joint and they don't give a shit long as you don't hit it while in there. 3/4 the time in big city areas cops have better things to do then worry about somone not harming anyone gettin high, its the small cities where the cops don't have anything to do that there assholes about it.

and whoever said weed would be easier to get, do you mean it'll be similar to alchohal to get? cuz i've been able to get it easy for years

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes thats what i meant. like alcohol is legal for people over whatever (19 here) and if drugs were they would become easier to get because someone could like give their brother or cousin or someone they know money to go and get it for them.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Dark Blade
In all truth, marijuanna is as legal as an illegal drug can be. If you smoke it in private it's not illegal. If you do it out on the streets or any public place, you are challenging the police, and they could even break out their night sticks if they wanted to.
Which holds true to the popular saying, "Its not illegal unless you're caught." :D

Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
At least weed aint as bad as cigs.... but its illegal.....
Canibus has many many many more times the potential to cause cancer then your average cigarette. It also severly impairs judgement and slows reaction time. Also, if you drink and smoke marijuana simultaneously, you can honestly kill yourself very easily.

The negatives outweigh the so-called "positives" by a tremendous amount. It would be ludicrous to make any drugs illegal. Not only that, but cigs and alcohol should be made illegal themselves. Nothing good comes from it; just an empty wallet, depression, and disease.

JeFfDiddy78

Member!
Reaction score
Website
hometown.aol.com
i think they should legalize it caseu our prisons are full of people that do it and the police should focus on more serious crimes like murder and rape

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes lights! lets ban all things that people use for fun!! lets ban em all!
i wunt drag cars banned next because they burn that crazy fuel that hurts my lungs! ban em i say ban em!

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by dust601
yes lights! lets ban all things that people use for fun!! lets ban em all!
i wunt drag cars banned next because they burn that crazy fuel that hurts my lungs! ban em i say ban em!
An attempt to be sarcastic? So if I were to say I killed people for fun, it shouldnt be banned merely on the grounds that I enjoy it?!

Alcohol kills. Drugs kill. Tobacco kills. All proven facts. Why is something that is proven to be deadly not only allowed, but advertised as something good? It makes no sense...

dust601

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i'm sorry other then alchohal i've never heard any of them advirtised as good, and i hate that to a large majority of people drugs and what not are quite harmless to others, its the stupid shits who go "hey lets get drunk and drive" that **** it over for the responsible ones. The majority of drug accidents are from stupid shits who didn't research what they were doing and deserved to get themsevels killed, or people who bought there drugs from untrustworthy people and still deserved it. I'm not denying drugs do harm to oneself, i'm saying that if your smart about using them you hurt no one except yourself, i'm perfectly ok with self destructive paterns so :)