Just give me the dumb pickle!

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Whats the deal with really bad customer service these days!!!
ok so maybe this isn't incredibly deep or intellectual but it has been pissing me off. Last night i went to get my hair cut and coloured and stuff. and the lady was SO rude! she openly REFUSED to do what i wanted becuase she didn't like "messy looking hair" grr and then she said "no i won't put that colour in its too bright" and this really annoyed me. i touched my hair once while she was cutting and said.. yeh thats cool and she said "look can u just let me finish MY.. hair cut" HER hair cut?! what the hell. ok so this seems like a bimbo example. but still. customer service is really dodgy these days. i payed 75$ for half an hour of her time i don't care where u live thats not bad. and she was such a cow. ok so my point is this.. do you think people have a responsibility to give good customer service? Its like when you go to a restraunt even if its just maccas and say "yeh can i have a burger with an exra pickle" and they act as if you asked them something really hard and annoying!! i hate how lazy and rude people have become.

so do you think this "customer is always right" idea is correct? i really do! anywyas my hair is still cool. but i had to be rude to get what i wanted. i don't think this is appropriate.

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no no no she did it my way in the end! everyone does it my way in the end:p lol no but thats not the point. i shouldn't have to be rude and demanding! she is there to serve me its her job. so you think if you don't get what you want you shouldn't pay? i didn't feel satisfied by the service should i still pay?

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It is a obligation to have good manners if you run a buisness or even work for one. If they are rude they get less work, simple. People may find it hard to polite 24-7 but if you really want the customer to spread good things about you and still come you'll just have to suck it up and do it. Most people have got this through there heads, some people are like robots that are constantly polite and don't even try to start a conversation or show a mind or a personality and everytime you go to this person they say the exact same thing again and again.

The last time someone was rude to me, I just left I didn't feel the need to make a big speech about how rude they were, I just left and though "You just lost somemoney because you couldn't keep your mouth shut"

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Just file a complaint with her manager, and don't let that bitch cut your hair again.

And 75$ for a hair cut and color is a rip-off, sorry. Up here, a hair cut alone costs 12$.

Above_70Percent

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ourworld.cs.com
Don't give a tip, but yeah I think you still have to pay, if you don't want to pay don't wait till the end and say it's dumb, do it during the cut.

Ciphus

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, haircut here is 10 bucks.

Anyhow, she is a horrible businesse women. You should always be, at the very least, respectful.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
As a consumer I think that the customer should always be right. Try working in a service position like that and it really warps your perspective on it though. I'm not justifying the hair stylist's actions since I'm sure that as a customer you were polite, but working with customers who deliberately try to piss you off can be a real pain in the ass.

And $75 for a haircut is outrageous. You could probably fly to the US and get a cheaper haircut than that even including the plane ticket.

Iliaran

Member!
Reaction score
People like to be able to make 'choices'. People like to be able to do things their way. People don't like to be told what to do. When you ask for something specific, be it a haircut, or a burger with an extra pickle, in effect, you're making other people do things your way.

...as to your haircut thing, dunno why anyone would be against positive reinforcement...

...and $75 'is' an exorbitant amount of money for a haircut...

(this sorta reminds me of the song "My Way"- limp bizkit)

Jaden

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
are you serious! 75$ is cheap. well not really its like 30 for just a cut. and then like 15 to get it washed and about 30 again for foils or whatever. i usually cut my own hair but i jsut felt like going out and getting someone else to do it... yeh i know people don't like to be todl waht to do but it is her job to do what i ask. im paying her to do what i want. anyways my hair is cool so its ok... but i still feel like i wasted my money. anyways nice to have your imput:D

FZ. | gOsu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think that when people are rude to constomers, they should just get kicked in the face a few times...

why should they be rude to you for going to their place of business and paying them for their services, they should do what you want, and do it with a smile, and if they cant do that, they should gtfo of their work, because obviosly their not good with people.

they should be shot to...just for the record ^^

Iliaran

Member!
Reaction score
FZ. | gOsu, of course they should do what you want, afterall, you 'are' a paying customer. The problem isn't whether or not they do what you want or not, its how they go about doing so.

A hypthetical situation:
You walk into a computer store and ask for a computer, you give them all the specs you want, then pay them. Oh, then you ask them to wear electrician's gloves and nothing else (as in no clothes) while constructing your pc, just in case their clothes cause some freak electrostatic discharge, potentially harming your pc. Will they follow your instructions, and if they do, will they do so happily?

Think reaaal hard.

I agree that people shouldn't be rude when they're being paid to do something, thats a given, but I can understand why they're often rude. They're human afterall, and humans all prone to making mistakes.

And personally, I'd rather have someone be rude to me than fake a smile...now that's just bad...especially when you notice they're faking it. You just get this urge to smack them.

And the "not good with people" thing...well thats why some big department stores actually have training programs for their employees on 'people-skills'. I know for a fact that a few major department stores in Taiwan do (snuck a peak into this room with a whiteboard with lots of stuff on how to interact with customers on it). In fact, they're so friendly it makes me sick (the second you walk in a bunch of them at the door go "khwaying gwanli" (welcome in Mandarin)). Now, would you rather have that sort of unnatural friendliness, or would you rather have people act normally?

Chain3r-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Jaden
i payed 75$ for half an hour of her time i don't care where u live thats not bad.
I'm sure your tired of hearing this but...SUCKER... It's only $10 where I live. Of course thats for getting your hair highlighted or whatever the hell you wanted right? But yes i think the customer service is bad, like I was playing Warcraft III and got this kick @$$ replay where my ally dies (not cool) i expand early and end up killing the 2 oppenents myself ( ;) no joke either if u want it e-mail me and ill send it to you) but the thing is the next day a new patch came out. Usualy they come out with a Version. xb. So i didn't get mad that i couldnt watch this replay. but then the next day they came out with the 1.14b and guess what? They didn't fix what they normaly do in 2nd versions of patches, they didnt make it so you can watch old replays or load old games. So i sent a e-mail to blizzard and the guy was really mean telling me that its not his problem. WTF?!? ITS !@#$ing customer service!!! WTF HAS CUSTOMER SERVICE BECOME?!?

Iliaran

Member!
Reaction score
In case you didn't know, replays aren't movies, they run in real time (in warcraft+starcraft). Now think of it this way, if a patch changes say...the amount of damage an archer does...what happens to the pre-scripted battle in the replay (though the previously random dice roll things that determine the amount exact amount of damage from a range is recorded)? Such minor changes can prove to be pivotal, and they'll change the course of a replay. In order for a replay from an old version of wc to run on a newer version, you need the old unit config stats, all of them. You know how much space that takes up? And plus, you paid for a game, you didn't hire Blizzard's programmers to make a patch for wc that'll allow you to run your old replays. If enough people emailed Blizzard asking them to come up with a new patch that'll let you run old replays, they 'might' consider putting their programmers to work, else, you're outa luck... The blizz customer service guys aren't the programmers, its not their job to tell programmers what to do. The Blizzard customer service guys are there to help you if you're a n00b basically, they're there simply to answer questions like "how do I install wc" and "I lost my key, what do I do?" not something along the lines of 'Oh no, my old replays don't run! I can't watch myself kick ass! Come up with a new patch dammit!". Therefore, they're justified in telling you that they can't do anything about it...they really can't.

...and Chain3r-, I like how you start your post off with a moderate flame, go off on a tangent boasting about your wc skills (and I quote "i expand early and end up killing the 2 oppenents myself ( no joke either if u want it e-mail me and ill send it to you)"), then sorta tie it back to the topic of this thread. Thats just so cool. I wish I could do that too.

Chain3r-

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Iliaran
If enough people emailed Blizzard asking them to come up with a new patch that'll let you run old replays, they 'might' consider putting their programmers to work, else, you're outa luck... The blizz customer service guys aren't the programmers, its not their job to tell programmers what to do.
I guess I left this a little bumby on the edges (I was short on time). I never asked for them to make a patch so I could watch it, I asked how I could watch it. And he said It's not his problem. What really made me mad was that i sent it to tech support again, and this guy told me how to start War3 and start a replay. So i had to send it again and this guy was nice, he told me i can just go to the bliz site and dl the old patch, save it to my comp, save the current one too, and i could just change them whenever, So I did and it worked. So I'm happy? No, because it took 3 e-mails asking on how to watch my replay.
Off Topic:
No one believes me about that replay i bet, so if you have any doubt in your mind e-mail me and I'll send you the replay, you can dl the patch and change it and watch it. (I shouln't be boasting i kind of did let my ally die (i had no units and they ganged up on him if i remember(it would just be suicide))plus my ally was cool, he wasn't the newb he showed to be, he actualy got his hero to my base before he died and that hero ended up helping me alot)

Mustafa

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stickdeath.com
Look, this lady is getting PAID to do this job, and shes bitchy and does it like shit! Who's gonna take that?!

And by the way $75.00 is EXTREMELY overpriced, I can get mine for $10.00.

Lestert21

Member!
Reaction score
Website
wrestlinggamersunited.com
thats real stupid if you go ssomwhere to pay for something its the people that own or work the places responsibility toprovide the best product and service to you. the customer is always #1 lol

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For a haircut I think you should be able to choose what you want if you are paying that much.

In my time I have had to deal with both asshole customers and asshole employees. Really the thing that would make the most sense is for everyone to just try to empathise with the person they are about to be rude to. If you just treat people how you would like to be treated or at least how they deserve to be treated then we'd all get along a lot better.