Is is worth it???

Merranvo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Many people want to get into B-Net, but is it really worth it???, In fact i think diablo is a little pricy itself. I mean after playing the same basic thing over and over, it does get annoying. Acctually, the game was funner before all the patches, when there was many bugs and easter eggs, now it is getting regualted into a mess. If blizzard want's to reguate the characters, that is fine with me, but don't make US the USERS have to regulate them. I LOVED the barbarian when he was this big killing machien, but now he gets weaker with every patch. So tell me Is it worth it to install the patchs and make the program worse than it already is? I'm not saying that I hate diablo, i love it, but i'm saying that with every update blizzard takes one more thing that mad the game fun.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
The patches are for gameplay balances. If you like overpowered characters like the elementalists in 1.10, or the hacked amazons/barbarians in 1.09, go ahead- play them. Just don't bitch about it. More people like equal characters, or else there is no reason to play. If the strongest character in the game was the amazon, everyone would have the same damn character. That's no fun.

BigBled

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well there was never a really godlike char type. amazons and barbs were just the easiest chars to make. they had the most equipment available. bows and swords are the most common finds in the game. i have seen necro's that could have killed the best of em. its just harder and more complicated to build one of em. and the patch makes it even harder. but it brings new weapons into the picture, thus making different builds available. such as the elementals. so these so called "godlike" chars were just the most common and easiest to make, but there are godlike chars of every type. and then the patch takes away all my bugged items and the game sucks again. the end.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Patch v1.1 is more worth the effort to buying. Since you face less tougher minions when you face magic casting uniques and the guest monsters totally make the game more difficult (well some.). I like v1.1 with the Stat bonuses, I have a paladin holding a 219ed Atlantean and he does 1.3k-1.8k/slash up to 5x and with Sacrifice and Fanaticism support. But then again, play it anyway.

But we are not forcing you to..... or are we :lucifer

Merranvo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
However, it does tend to make the game worse, you could spend an eternity building up a good strong char, and when the next patch comes out (by the way if Blizzard is soooooo concerend with patches what are they doing about Diablo 3, infact why don't they release another expansion?), and if blizzard want's to eliminate unequal characters, why don't they fix the unequilness.

Merranvo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
By the way Hellwolf_36 the meaning of life, the universe and everything is not 36, it is 42 :lucifer

ReachProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actualy, The Game is better now that the patch is out, less hacked crap = more skill needed, and on ladder its sweet its all skill, i mean in 1.9 u could make a zon, prob took 10 min to get a rush and a hour to lvl to ~75, that sad, and it was crazy now u gotta lvl the hard way till ~24 its more of a chalenge, i was kinda sick of seeing 99's own all over.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Originally posted by Merranvo
By the way Hellwolf_36 the meaning of life, the universe and everything is not 36, it is 42 :lucifer
Dude, use EDIT button next time and that was off topic :p

but yeah it can take an eternity but u can make crazy combos such as frenzybarbs and hammerdins (still do not understand that class with those 500 damage hammers, effective in some duels)

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well.. i need the patch for bnet but i love 1.08 single player.. in fact i think im gonna go play .08 soon :)

and hell the hammers do up to 12k not 500 ;)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I still do not get the point of owning a hammerdin though, damn 12k damaging guys just stand there are send out little hammers of death

Yay 1000th post :D

Still get v1.1 so you can buffle on and kill stuff with 12k dmg hammers that cost low amounts of mana to send at people's skulls.