Human strategy agains night elf

tabadot

Reaction score
I must say that i`m really sick of these night elves.I have no problems against all other races but even not so good player can beat me as night elf.I play human and may be my control of the units is not so good but it will improve with gaming.Whatever strategy i use i still cannot beat night elves. I usually make 4-5 priests ,5-6 mortal teams,3-4 knights 3-4 rifles archmage and paladin.I up armor to knights and damage to rifles.Nevertheless,i cannot get rid of demon huner 4-5druids in bear form lots of dryads and 2-3 talons.If you have any advice please suggest.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Tower rush, tier 2 tower rush, lots of towers and some tanks, Fast expo with lots of towers.. You have a ton of options.

tabadot

Reaction score
ok thanks i will try this tactic.
any other suggestions or other options.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Tower rush, tier 2 tower rush, lots of towers and some tanks, Fast expo with lots of towers.. You have a ton of options.
You still need skill to do that properly (exe&tanks), as if you don't know how we humans play, Theroy, my win vs you w/ knights was because of the exe, I don't do tier 3 and when I played I owned almost every elf!

Tech very fast to tier 2, make 2 sanctums and then mass casters (including breakers) and ggfy bears. You can get some rifles or mortars in a late game and vs more dryads. Elf should be owned early, forget about tier 3 vs elf. Only if you fast expand and make some towers can you make casters and tier 3 units - knights not gryffs. Just watch some top replays vs elf where hu wins, a replay really summarizes all I said.

tabadot

Reaction score
thank you that was a really good answer. up to now i always tech tier 3 making knigts.i used to forgot caster because of the dryads deadly attacks but i will try this without tear 3 it looks good.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Rifles and mortars can easily screw up the Dryad and Dotts that exist in that combo. Thier bonus damage vs unarmored will make things easier. Bears need to be destroyed by Breakers and Sorcs using slow. Although Dryads can dispel it, they blow 75 mana to remove something that costs 45, and Sorcs have more mana pool and mana regen. Breakers do a bonus 20+ damage on attack because Bears have mana pool, as they also lose mana pool in the process. With enough attacks, Bears cant swap out and cast Rejuv.

Use Spell Steal to swap Faerie Fire to the bears and DH themselves, or to steal Roa/Rejuv (Rejuv must be done manually) from the DH/Bears to your own units. This makes killing them much easier.

As I have learned from many games, you must keep the game as close to T2 as possible. T3 is only plausable in really long dragged out games like FFAs or as a last resort, or just to gain Master level spells.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
AM and MK is a very common mix. I personally do it myself.

Paladin is often nice to have around when you face Undead, so you can heal off nukes or damage thier own guys. AM and BM are a good combo if you like using AOE.

Dont forget you can always tri-hero.

tabadot

Reaction score
but what scares me is that druids do extra damage to breakers even with slow are effective.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I play 2v2 a lot, so take my advice if you will.

For elves, the main unit I rely on is rifles. It will stop hunts, fare well against archers, kill anything made in the ancient of wind, air and dryads.

Your problem is bear.

I've used breakers against them, but they aren't my favorite counter. I like using gryphs. They do 200% against the bear armor.

So you should try and make it:
Rifles > Dryads
Gryphons > Bears

Hes' going to try to make it:
Dryads > Gryphons
Bears > Rifles

I say get lots of rifles and hit him once you hit tier 2. If he's simply massing druid of the claws, he won't be prepared with an adequate army.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The Bears > Rifles may not be an issue if you get a decent army of Gryphons. If too many bears die, the guy will most likely TP out or run for it. At that point, you can pick off each unit.

Or rush him at Tier 1 with a decent pack of rifles. He will most likely go hunts (which rifles and WE own) or archers (which aren't very HP hardy).

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
rush. nightelves are vulnerable to rushs. kill his moonwells or make him waste them. get mortars if your rush fails

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
If you get morts you increase your chances a lot more than if you get casters without morts. While he's hiding behind you destroy moon after moon and his aols.