Help Please...why Do I Always Get Owned By Carriers????

Gangsta_Thug

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok can any1 help me plezzzzz??

i mostly always use zerg but when i m playin against a toss player and he masses carriers and some arbiter i got nottin to defend my self with.my hydras get owned sometimes i make it but eventually i die ....mutas get owned easy.....i ve heard defilers are useful but since hydras make so much traffic they cant get to the front ....anyways what u use a defiler for???what do u press?consume,dark swarm?and deres some otha stuff????

HELP PLZZZZ..................i always get owned

oh by the way my scourages dont even reach the carriers even if i concetrate them on the carriers........

I NEED HELP and what to do wit defilers and what to use against mass carrier!!!!!!

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
ill help

Well first send ur scrorges right in to the unit.
Then use defielers dark swarm on ur units to d them from damage.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by Gangsta_Thug
ok can any1 help me plezzzzz??

i mostly always use zerg but when i m playin against a toss player and he masses carriers and some arbiter i got nottin to defend my self with.my hydras get owned sometimes i make it but eventually i die ....mutas get owned easy.....i ve heard defilers are useful but since hydras make so much traffic they cant get to the front ....anyways what u use a defiler for???what do u press?consume,dark swarm?and deres some otha stuff????

HELP PLZZZZ..................i always get owned

oh by the way my scourages dont even reach the carriers even if i concetrate them on the carriers........

I NEED HELP and what to do wit defilers and what to use against mass carrier!!!!!!
Defiler has Plague and Dark Swarm.

Plague will put this blood looking stuff over the area where you select it. It will slowly kill the carriers for about 30 seconds. It's very useful and it will hurt them greatly. Dark swarm is even more useful. It will create a small cloud of smoke stuff and anything underneath that cloud CANNOT be hurt by air or distant enemies. Only melee (zealots, zerglings, ect.) can hurt things under dark swarm. By the time you get attacked by carriers, you should have defilers. Dark swarm, put your hydras under it, then hit the carriers with plague and you will own them. If the carriers start to run towards your base to get away from the dark swarm, then follow them with the hydras, until they stop and start attacking you, then use swarm again... its a flawless way to piss your enemy off big time.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Keep the enemy down echonomically so he cant afford carriers (and dont play money maps), that way he can afford at most 5-6 carriers. Then use dark swarm on ur hydras and scourge the carriers. If he sends zealots under the dark swarm pull back.

Draken

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
im kind of a newb i just bought sc but ive been playing wc2 for a while so im not that bad at it but im not that good either. u gotta remeber though u were a newb once too.

Valkarius

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Skuzzy's strat works for me too. Defilers are great, especially with zerglings around for Consume. Protoss players really hate Plague (Carriers look so weak when they're at 0/300 hitpoints (bloodred) ). Plus, throw in a control group of Hydralisks under Dark Swarm. That'll REALLY piss a Protoss player off.

Zero

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the best strat i used against carriers is to make a plague spell on the carriers and hol on (w/spore colonies), and when they are hurt i send a couple of muta that finish the job (the mutas's spores damage various units at the same time

lazaznxxx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Mutas sux against carriers. Scourges are better.

Scourge(2): 75G 25M
Carrier: 350G 250M

5 scourges = 187.5G 52.5M
1 Carrier = 350G 250M

Hurts when they combine????
What if you already plagued the carrier......................

H

Hot Action Cop

If your zerg do wat skuzzy said. Plauge, Swarm Hydras, And use Scourges to finish the job

Infested

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.
if they approach slowly and carefully, i find that usually scourges are utterly useless without something to shield them since they have low life and none really hit unleses you got a mass, and even then it comes to no avail if they have corsairs.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Carriers by themself die pretty nicely with scourges, because they cant hit them in time, the most (the interceptors need to fly over and over)

Otherwise, the old DS and hydras under it tactic

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
Everyone is right. Scouges are cheep and easy to get, but combind them with other Broods. Attact the enemy before he reaches your base, but always have spore colones defending your perimeter. Game on non-money maps, having all that money is really a weekness, remember your enemy has the same amount of money has you do! Gaming on non-money maps eliminates your enemy from having all that money. Now the battle is focused on conquering vacant land that has the resources (gas/minerals).

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
the best thing is though to fight him in the best spot for u where u can see him first like have a unit on lookout like a scv then u can send in scurge wit lil casultys