Help connecting to Battle.net

aznfoo37

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
can anyone plz help me? whenever i try to connect to bnet it always says something like this:

"Unable to connect to Battle.net

You may be trying to connect to an invalid Battle.net server. If you are using a modem, you may need to manually connect to the Internet before connecting to Battle.net."

what's up with this? i definitely dont have 56k connection cuz im using cable -__-;... can anyone help?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Is it your first time connecting to battle.net? Do you have a firewall on your computer? If so, you'll need to give access to the firewall to connect to battle.net. That's probably the problem. If it's a company firewall, then you're screwed (don't play games from work anyways!!!). It could also be that battle.net is just down... did you try and connect to another server?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Depends which firewall you're using. If you're using zonealarm then open Zone Alarm and go to Programs and go down to "Warcraft III" and make sure that "Allow connect" and "Allow server" are both set to yes (both have check marks). If you're using another firewall then refer to their documentation. It should have asked you automatically though, when you first started up warcraft. You may have clicked "No" without realizing it.

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I have Mcafee firewall, and to play WCIII, I just left click on the icon on the task tray and click "disable". That lets me play.
"

K

Kazrian

Well..

I most definitely do not have a firewall on this computer and I have the same problem, with cable modem.

Strangely I had no problems before I installed a router, but now I've put in a router and networked three computers through it. One of these computers can connect to battle.net with no problems, the other two get the invalid battle.net server message. They all have the exact same copy of warcraft 3 on it, and every other game I've tried works fine (I can connect with Starcraft, Tribes 2, etc etc with all three just fine).

Any ideas? I'm fresh out.

Thanks in advance
Kaz