Guild Wars

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Guild Wars world preview is out!!!!!!

Ok first to get some things down

Why this is on topic: Guild Wars is from the makers of Diablo.
I'm gonna flame this game: Thats nice. You don't have to play it.

Somethings i saw which caught my attention and made me addicted.

Items are "assigned" to a player, its not whoever kills the monster first, or who is the poorest, everyone gets a turn at an item and item drops are random depending on monster. After an item drops it will say who it's "assigned" to.

No need to depend on other players to level like Final Fantasy 11. You can ask a mercenary to come with you 'hunting'. A Mercenary is free, their pay is item drops are less frequent, meaning in a way they get items too.

Its free, one time cost buy in the store.

Like most RPGs you can customize your character and pick jobs such as necromancer...ranger..warrior...elementalist, etc.

You create a guild with other players and do missions with them such as PVP.

When your looking for a party to do a mission with, a party leader has a number above their head with how many people are in their party, 6 is maximum, you just click their name and it will ask the leader if you can join.

Ok so this seems interesting to you? Its free till sunday october 31rst, the world preview is going on RIGHT NOW.
http://www.guildwars.com/

If you wanna play with me my most used name is: Kyle Broflovski
(Names are *first name* *last name*)

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Kao Frost

Yeah, I couldn't think of a *cool* last name for me.

SweatyOgre

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I give up. I ****ing give up. I leave my comp on overnight, wake up this morning really pumped to play the game I've been waiting for for months...and there's 1,400 MORE files I have to download. I just give up. :( *cries*

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
ok about the dling, theres a big dl when u first get it, theres a smaller dl after you create your character, and every NEW area you enter you dl some files, but once u enter it again you already have those files

SweatyOgre

Reaction score
Yea, now that I've dled over 250 mb for this game, my dl times aren't REAL big. I just go read or something while it's dling, so fellow 56k users(the one that may exist somewhere) You have about 8 hours of dling before you can actually play then between 10-45 min dling here and there, but it IS worth it.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DANM,i wish i woulda caught this yesterday.....danm... oh well dling now=/,i jardly browse d2 section anymore =/,im suprised i caught this post ty for the info

phreakerhaxxor

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
dont know what all the commotion about WoW is, this game is fun and they actually loked into the errors of other RPGS, IE, items.

_CM

Respected Member
Reaction score
i tried it and I was glad to see that i didnt have to dload more than 50 megs at the begining to have a look at the game :) looks very nice

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Oh yes, I think I might get that instead of WoW, because ****, those graphics are so nice. So nice.

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
FINALLY ive been waiting for this game for about 6 months. they said it would come out in the second part of '04 waay back in april-may time.. yay this is awesomeness.

For the 2 hours it matters im playing as "Harry REadinger"

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
I'll definately get this game instead of WoW. Well, I haven't tested WoW because I didn't want to pay and all that, but for now, GW > WoW.

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i agree...i was semi-thinking about getting WoW but now that this came out, and it pwns, and is free, Theres no competition

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Yeah really. I liked this more because this is just free, and THE CAMERA, OH MY GOD THE CAMERA.

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
SweatyOgre said:
I'm dling it now, but huge huge huge beta + 56k = long long long long long time. So I won't be on for a good while.
Perfectly Said.

Stryder

Reaction score
Played it and got bored. Graphic is soo nice, but I rather stick to WoW.