Grunatapault sucks?

Reaction score
i've tried gruntapault a couple times in TFT and have never been initially succesful with it. i usually lose or have to regroup and build other things ftw. So my questions are:

1. can someone give me a detailed build order
2. does it work with non intelligence heros, because i suck at keeping them alive.

Captain~

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
2) It doesnt have to. You could get away with a BM/SH and be able to do some serious damage. Since Hex pacifies units and heroes so easily. And BM can **** up just about anything. People use FS because of Wolves, the Chain Lightning and the fact he doesnt have to get to melee distance to attack, keeping him safe from your pults own splash damage.

1) The problem lies in 2 fields. First, if you have 2 barracks or not. Second, how fast can you get siege weapons before your enemy beats you to oblivion.

This replay, although vs a normal computer and the fact I didnt pay attention to some of my units and especially my SH, is how I would do the BO for the Gruntapult. It may work out in terms of certian players. The problem is: It doenst real with players who rush you AND the results may vary depending on opposition.

Attachments

Reaction score
K thanks for the build order that should be helpful, but i noticed since u were playing the computer they didn't really even try to rush the demolishers, which is probably what most people would do. I've heard people use towers in this strat i was wondering if u could show me a replay of an online match that was successful.

Captain~

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ill try it again in a match or something and see what happens.

But yes, that is the first thing an enemy will do when engaging gruntapult. They will try to bypass the grunts and either attack your hero to force you to run or tp. Or they will hunt down your demos, which have a slower movement speed then most of the units.

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
I saw the game vs archers and few hunts. I once lost to demos only coz they destroyed half of my base. In 90% of the cases, mass grunts or mostly - mass demos were owned. I don't know vs what race it can help but that's not even aa, ud will own it hard, orc too, hu too. If it works vs elf ok, but I doubt seriously. This is as bad as necrowagon. Btw u can still see my newest 2 reps, Chris.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The strategy is most effective vs NE, because most of the common units the ne use are weak vs siege. Plus you can break ancients without having to use grunts and force retaliation.

Against ud it can only harm casters more effectively. Or guard structures or statued gargs. Using attack ground can also hurt burrowed fiends. But since the DK's aura increases movement speed of the units, they can easily bypass your grunts and strike at the demos. But if you have raiders, you can use this to your advantage as "expensive" bait.

Against human, it is your weapon against casters being protected from frontline foots or breakers.

Orcs may have little results. Since grunts have the HP to withstand the shots, plus raiders can **** up the demos pretty badly. But you can use them alongside raiders to screw up an enemy's base.

Either way. You will need raiders with this strategy AND peons alongside the demos.

CnKLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello, there!

In my opinion, if i refer to my pass with gruntapults strategy, i used to only use grunts and pults which is most of the time bypassed. After, i added a few raiders to maintain my foes units fix soo i can rape them up. Most of the time a good gruntapult will work near ennemi base cuz they are boxed in. If your in a place where u can move freely them there are big chance your tactic wont work. Always carry a scroll of speed, that way u can replace your army in a good position or instead retreat if u think u lost too much units on the first try.

I dont use much the gruntapults, i prefer using grunts, raiders and spirit walkers. Spirit links reduce the time your for a unit to be killed when they focus-fire at your troop which give time to back that unit.

(its been a long since i havent post on battleforums, sorry for my bad english cuz im french canadien hehehe)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I have a replay of a 2on2 game where I did gruntapult and my ally did Zerkers. I will host it when I get home. However, it should help you with what you need.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Here it is. The only thing I ****ed up on was keeping tabs on the grunts during the battle at the Hu base, or any other points where I wasn't "paying attention". But other than that, this is how I think Gruntapult should be done.

It was good when they attacked me, since I reduced Teal's men to mush in seconds, plus my guys had level 2 armor during that battle (which is essential for grunt survival).

Attachments

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
You know how it goes - vs newbs it will work, but later if you want to make wins it won't. Example: I kill ur demos fast with blizzard, the grunts are helpless vs casters and also good experience. Orc without wolves or walkers... no way.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I could dispel your slow and target demos against your casters. But if that was the case, I would be better off using Grunt Raiders.