Good country

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Allright I am from alabama so I have listend to country music my entire life. I was recentlly playing a johnny cash cd in my car while I was talking to someone (that thinks country sucks) and they were like wow who is this, this kicks ass. And I realized all these people who hate country only hate it because they have never heard the good coutnry from back in the day, so I ask you what has happend to good country music and why is it all shit now?

SpiritSkater

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.raband.net
In my opinion country has sort of just dissolved, why you ask?, because it is not "cool" to listen to country, like at my school your instantly hated if you like country, music that survives is "cool" anyways i think its turned to shit because so many country singers want to change there image and become popular once again and get $$$, now a days its all about being "cool".

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I go to a school of 4000 people so if a few people dislike me for my musical taste I can make friends with other peope.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Country music has been demoted to the point where "good country" must be about either men whining about the women they miss or women whining about the men they married. Some country stations still play a little Johnny Cash or Charlie Daniels, but unfortunately, because the only person named Sue Johnny Cash sings about is a man, it's not really considered country.

BTW, I have a school of 400 and I am one of the few who favors jazz music above all else. Then again, my school is a little different from the standards nowadays...

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
johnny cash is awesome, sad to see that he died....... thats the only country singer i like other than that, i hate country :p

Auron

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
most country music has pop kinda vibe to it now a days like shania twain she was kinda country but now look at her music

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
david allen coe, waylon jennings, hank williams, hank williams jr., willie nelson, and a plethora of other all sing amazing. Johnny cash isnt the only one/

AzNsUpA-Boi

Premium Member
Reaction score
i agree with spirit skater... im only in elementary skewl and my friends will defeinatly laff at me if i said i like country

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Thread title
Good country
Portugal!

Sorry, had to say this :)

Not familiar with country music, at all.

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by TrongaMonga
Portugal!

Sorry, had to say this :)

Not familiar with country music, at all.

America owns Portugal in everyway possible :p

I don't listen country :-\

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
Originally posted by SpiritSkater
In my opinion country has sort of just dissolved, why you ask?, because it is not "cool" to listen to country, like at my school your instantly hated if you like country, music that survives is "cool" anyways i think its turned to shit because so many country singers want to change there image and become popular once again and get $$$, now a days its all about being "cool".
Wow... and Country music still outnumber rock, rap and the so-called "popular" music in sales. Amazing isn't it?

N[U]TS

Reaction score
When i was little i hated country with a passion..........:shoot

but when i was about 15 i started to branch out from just classical rock and metal.... Iv grown to love country and punk.
I mean each geren has it own uniqe sound. but i guess its all in how the person feels.