Glows Guide to teh Kickersin

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I recently mae a kicker assassin jsut to be different and it turned out to be a very fun and challenging build....And since viz requested i post a guide I will..(khnx for credit on ur psnzon viz >=( ) so anyways i'll keep this somewhat breif and plz excuse my bad typing
This is made from my kicker

skills

20x dTalon- You can achieve 5/2/2/2 kick frame with this skill...very fast
20x venom -add around +1k dmge with this build
20x cloak of shadows
1x df
1x blade shield
20x fade
1x mindblast
1x wake of fire

Why fade?: Fade has a hidden dr for each lvl...so at lvl 35 it gives you 35 dr, +70 res and curse n psn reduce..why noT?

Why Cloak of Shadows??- this skill is highly unratet...at lvl 30 it gives -95 def to oppent and +97% def to you.....best way to help hit high def pally and increase urs..a must also good for pvm

Why ! into blade shield?- Since this build depends totally on mods blade shield helps gives cb andopenwounds and venom

Why mindblast and wake of fire?? - Well this is best to catch those fast telers...lay some traps out in a arch and spam mb to cach them then jsut df in and kicker there ass

One note is that kickers do not rely on dmge like pallys do....a pally will be a kicker in dmge anytime thats why kickers depend on mods liek open wounds and curshing blow..

ALso Kick dmge is determined by the type of boots you are wearing....

Goals for this build:

75% chance of open wounds
35% crushing blow
1k psn dmge
1.7 life
5/3/3/3 kick frame
1.9 k dmge
max dr
max block
9k ar

kay now to items

helm: Andys Visage - +2 skills 20 ias....i prefre this...also other to consider are gaze/ghullems face (for mods) crown of ages
ammy:atams scrab - its bm but amp helps you kill quicker
armor: I prefer levi for +srngth(adds more dmge) and dr and good def shaft,egnima,stone,coh are good also
belt: verdugnos-adds like nuff said
rings: duel raven
boots: Shadow dancers...now people debate on this saying that up,goreriders are better but crit /deadly strike doesn't work with kicks and the 10% cb rare goes off....+2 +22/30 fhr seems better to me
sheild: ss- nuff said
Weapon- ok the best weapon for a kicker to haft is a kingslayer phaseblade....godly mods and extremely fast secondbest-fleshripper /w shael also good mods..i use this
Gloves: +15 srngth draculs - aswome gloves for this build....gives liptap for good lifeleech 25% open wounds and +15 srngth

10x shadow gcs
1x annihulus
life charms/ fhr charms

ele setup

helm:tiras
ammy: metalgrid
wepaon: 1x maliceclaw 1x jade
armor: gaurd angel
rings: 2x raven / 2x wisp
belt: t-gods
boots: shadow/gore
gloves: draculs

this set up her ewith fade gives 95 light res + abosrb...ur kicks will be abit slower but if you got them trapper shouldn't be a problem and with all the + skills weapon block will give you 58% to block..

WHY IN THE HELL YOU USE MALICE CLAW!!! - well i find this claw to be godly against telers n ele cters .....100% open wounds its nuthing to laught at...ussaly 1 df kick and they will regret running since they will die somewhat fast from ow...very powerful..jsut be sure to wear a somthnig to give you +5 life reg to cancel -5 life...prefer manalds or find somthing better i don't care

Stats:

srngth: 140 + srngth from draculs give for ss which gives for levi which gives a hella lot of srngth adding to dmge
dex: enuff for max block..
life: rest
energy: base

Well i Think i covered everything...but i'll list cters you more than likly to lose to

Charged bolt zons -OMG so CHEAP...2 hits ur dead wthere u got max light or not

Necros- tele necros are jsut wrong....this is a hard duel if you get them trap ur lucky...

MEga Rich pallys - i doubt anyone can get threw 30k def
:scary

against foh's use a 4x ort shield...you should be ok then

well gl have fun and DRINK TILL THE SUN COMES UP!!!

glowpole signing out 2:#0 pm eastern time woot

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Meh, i didnt notice about talon asn, but heres my version of kick sin:

20 dragon tails
20 claw mastery
20 tiger strike
3 BoS
20 shadow master
1 dragon flight
1 death sentury (corpse exlosion)

Str: Very little, i dun think i put any stats into this
Dex: rest
vit: 70
energy: none

You may ask, why no fade? it has 20% dr... because most kicksins dont tank, they do hit and run. :D well at least for my skill tree, since my dragon tail does alot of dmg (24k with 3 tiger strike) and knocks monsters back. Plus is 50% phys and 50% fire :D so if i see any fire immunes, i will still be able to kill them. Also, maxing my shadow master usually/sometimes lay death sentury.. so i wont have to lay them, and shadow masters use mb too :D how nice...

Also, i have question, why dont you learn tiger strike? its very good.. i would rather learn that instead of venom, since venom doesnt stack with fade...

Also, in my opinion, perf bartuc with eth rune is better than king slayer, since kickers mostly depend on + skills and str and dex, and with eth rune (-25% def) you wont need to max out cloak of shadow. Also, putting stats into dex is more worth it than str... more ar and more def and dmg and block, when str can only give u dmg and enuf stats to wear items.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
well dude this is a stright kicker....and since with dtalon only the first relases the charge it pretty un nessary...by the time it takes u to charge you prob be dead...u can kill 3x faster jsut kicking and yes venom does stack with fade now :rollie and kingslayer is 10x better than tucs.....fleshripper aloen is better with the -50% ddef mod in it....so with -95% + -50 % thast alot fo df gone for ur kicks to go threw..and besides using bartucs lessens the mods that you so need with a kicker

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
well dude this is a stright kicker....and since with dtalon only the first relases the charge it pretty un nessary...by the time it takes u to charge you prob be dead...u can kill 3x faster jsut kicking and yes venom does stack with fade now and kingslayer is 10x better than tucs.....fleshripper aloen is better with the -50% ddef mod in it....so with -95% + -50 % thast alot fo df gone for ur kicks to go threw..and besides using bartucs lessens the mods that you so need with a kicker
My kick sin dont die by the time i do tiger strike, and for kingslayer.. it doesnt give much skills, mebbe its good for ur build, but not for mine :D sry, i had to make note for that in the above, and for the def thingy, putting stats into dex instead of str will give me like 90 something to hit monsters, and if i add eth, since i wont have anything to put into my bartuc, i will have better change of hitting rather than 90 :D

And yea... we both should remember that we both have diff kicksin....

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Yours is PvM, his is PvP.

Brad, I made one going by what I remember you saying..it does 600 talon, which times 4 is 2400..

also thats without knowing what venom adds..so its nice :)

I didn't know fade and venom stacked, I will have to max fade now. :)

I can't afford the gear you said to use, so most of my points are in vit since I didn't need much str or dex..

BASE:
91 str
130 dex
idk for vit
base enr

I still already have max res with my gear :p..

pdiamond tiamats and a jade give me 92 res, lol..

plus all my other res gear :p..

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In 1.10 you are able to use BoS or Fade Along with Venom. But not BoS and Fade, Very Handy now.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I think I meant to say that, I like BoS for running :(

It also helps if u run outta mana and need to finish ur opponent with a few claw hits :p..

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by [Berious]
In 1.10 you are able to use BoS or Fade Along with Venom. But not BoS and Fade, Very Handy now.
DAMN!!! ARE THEY ABLE TO STACK NOW!?!?!?!?!? great... i gotta make new.... or not... i dunno.... how much does venom do in lvl 20 anyways?

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
well lvl 20 its only does liek 600 dmge per 0.4 seconds....but tis pretty much jsut added dmge..with 10x shodw gcs n stuff mines does around 1.5k per .4 seconds =)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
sweet =) imma max venom after i max shadow master :D

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
at 20 venom does 425-445 over .04 sec.
at 30 venom does 725-745 over .04 sec.
at 40 venom does 1075-1095 over .04 sec.
at 50(why not?) does 1425-1445 over .40 sec.

So, if you go for some Altered-melee gear. (IE: Shako for gaze. Maras for a Cats eye or whatever. and then you use 5x shadow mastery gc. you can get nearly 1000 poisen from just venom)
As I say once more as always, Just a thought. I think shadow dancer would make great boots, they give +2 shadow disc. Meaning, +2 SM, Venom, Bos(or fade), and Cloak of shadows(if your into that shit? I am personally. lookign into that lvl 35 shadow disc stuff.[-95% Td +112% Def])

Btw, if you use Altered Gear and go Fade/venom. +15 skills is easy to get. Specially if you go Dual tucs, Shako, maras, 5x Shadow gc, Anni, Soj/raven(or leech ring, if the leech on tucs isnt sufficent to you). That is +15 skills.

61% chance of blocking. Which is not that bad all considering that to much of a good thing isnt good. If the target is attacking so fast that you cant stop blocking long enough to wipe them out (with your venom-and the rest) then you may get block locked anyway.

Your gonna nearly be hitting ALL the time, with -95% Target defense. That is a HUGE deduction, and YOU get +112% Defense, Making you harder to hit, Which is always good. And ofcourse, it makes you harder to see without a minimap.(More annoying to them, then anything else.)

35% Dr, 70 resists, 86% curse/poisen reduce. A cool "Im a ghost" graphical change(a must for any 'cool guy' ^_~). 900-920 poisen damage over .04 seconds.(which is nearly instant...)

Your shadow master will have 2293 life(nice..) +1400 ar and +74% resist. OR Be an outsider and make the ULTIMATE Defense slave =D go Shadow Warrior- Lose the resists and gain 408% Defense. PLUS shell be a Kicker aswell. and you can get her venom+fade aswell.(meaning her resists are back...) and she will Tiger strike then Df if you set her up right.(or well... Your skills right O_O)

Talon(at level 35) is as follows:
6 kicks
243 dmg%
870% Ar

Tail(at level 35) is as follows:
390 fire dmg%
530% Ar

Flight(at level 35) is as follows:
950 kick dmg%
910% Ar

Tiger Strike(at level 35) is as follows:
2340% damage third charge.
253% ar

Cobra Strike(at level 35) is as follows:
420% Life/mana Steal
253% Ar

BoS(at level 35) is as follows:
56 attack speed
66 run/walk Speed

Fade(at level 35) is as follows:
+70 resists
86 Curse/poisen resist
35% Dr

-Berious

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
muahahahah! hence the poison resistance in pvp!!! :D:D:D:D venom becomes almost useless, jus adds like 10~100 dmg or less or more... im pretty lazy person nowadays, i dont open my calc anymore..

@ berious: WOW how did you get all that? Very nice! I hope this will clear up many things for many people in this forums about kickers... thx berious! We wuv you (sobbing for such a great work) :D

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
[offtopic]

You gotta do that open dueling to learn this stuff. ^_~ Get into that stuff, and you have a BUNCH of useless charectars to play with. Look at www.ladderhall.com/forum . It is an open dueling forum site, you can find out alot of intresting things that you dont see on the game-side thats there in "hibernation", and ofcourse then there is my countless hours of freetime... :: grunt :: Blizzard has banned me so...I have ALOT of time with D2loaders and stuff to play around with in single player and tcp/ip. In anycase, Your welcome.

[offtopic]

I set up my assassin to have 1-2 physical damage. Now im useing a level 35 venom to slap a charectar with 1000 health in hell.
She Did 551 damage. Out of the 900-920 she was suppose to do in about a split second.

Now, I tryed with 95 poisen resist and 75% poisen length reduce.
12 damage. Then again, You wont see people running around with 95 poisen resists and 75% PLR So... Its safe to say your ok.

With 75 Poisen resists I did 93 damage. Which is alot lower, BUT! 900 poisen damage isnt all you will ahve if your gonna be speciallizing into it. ^_~

Ok, With 5 290s and level 40 venom(with a bramble armor on) I did 850 damage to 0 resist 1000 health char in hell.

Just some stuff to think about.

P.S. Intresting Fact: Charms require 1/1 str/dex to use ^_~(I had 0/0 str/dex on my druid. and I could use his resists cahrms ^_~) go figure.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
^^ muahahahah gj! (not really understaning what is said above...)

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lol, Sorry. It was just random Testings with poisen damage in Hell. the Poisen deductions and such. Mostly, that is...

Btw, You may want to keep your talons level fairly low. If im not mistaken, The Speed is lowered after the first kick. So if you have 6 kicks... that means your locked in a kick fram for nearly 2 seconds. They move and your there...kicking slowly. The Flashy +1 gizillion kick damage means nothign if your kicking midair why they move back for a breather and perhaps charge and or shoot you if they are ranged/spellcasters.

I belive that Either Tearhaunch and/or Shadow dancer are the best kicker boots. Upping the Tearhaunch is needed.(meaning taht they are both for ladder-only. SAD but true, hey jsut think...ladder season 1 SHOULD end soemtime in the next few months.) Tearhaunch would be for some extra resists and for the +str/dex. Shadow-dancer for...being a Highly exceptional boot...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
nah, not tearhaunch, upged war trav is nice, however shadow dancer is best asn boots (+ asn skills)

[Berious]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
War Travs Upgrade arent war boots. They are Battle boots.
Gore riders are the Elite of the Greaves. War travs are Light plated. The reason You use the Greaves uppgraded is because they go to Myrmidon greaves which do 83-149 kick damage base.

Shadow Dancer:
Defense: 122-144 (varies)(Base Defense 62-71)
Required Level: 71
Required Strength: 167
Durability: 24
Assassin Kick Damage: 83-149
+70-100% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+1-2 To Shadow Disciplines (Assassin Only) (varies)
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
+15-25 To Dexterity (varies)
Requirements -20%
(Ladder Only)

Tearhaunch:
+60-80% Enhanced Defense (varies)
20% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +10%
+35 Defense
+5 To Dexterity
+5 To Strength
+2 To Vigor (Paladin Only)

War Travs:
+150-190% Enhanced Defense (varies)
25% Faster Run/Walk
+10 To Vitality
+10 To Strength
Adds 15-25 Damage
40% Slower Stamina Drain
Attacker Takes Damage Of 5-10 (varies)
30-50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items(varies)

You may ask: Why wouldn't I use Gore riders upped?
Simple-

+160-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Chance Of Open Wounds
15% Chance Of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%
+20 Maximum Stamina

The OW is only 10%(which is main attribute) Deadly strike doesn't affect Kicks if im not mistaken. And the 15% Crushing blow wont hold much importance.

From Diabloii.net

Expansion and v1.08+ D2:Crushing Blow works with all attacks and on all targets, but the reduction in hps is much less than it was in D2. The following lists the actual percent hps removed. This is from a monster's current hps, not it's maximum, so you'll notice big drops on full hps monsters and very little on ones that are low.

Normal monster: 1/4 Melee, 1/8 Ranged Attack.
Other: 1/10 Melee, 1/20 Ranged Attack.

"Other" includes all types of boss monsters as well as other players and their hirelings.
A type of physical damage, it has a poison-like effect, causing "uncontrollable bleeding" and steady hit point drain. The damage will stack with poison so both can drain at once. It also stops healing for the duration.
Expansion: Much improved, the new formula is:
(Attacker level * 9 + 40)/256 pts of damage per frame over 4 seconds

There are 25 frames per second in the Diablo II engine. Examples of damage:
Clvl 10: 12.7 per sec over 4 seconds for a total of 50.8 damage.
Clvl 30: 30.3 per sec over 4 seconds for a total of 121.0 damage.
Clvl 50: 47.9 per sec over 4 seconds for a total of 191.4 damage.
Clvl 70: 65.4 per sec over 4 seconds for a total of 261.7 damage.
Clvl 90: 83.0 per sec over 4 seconds for a total of 332.0 damage.

Like poison, Open Wounds doesn't stack, but resets with each new application. It also prevents healing for the duration.
Owell...Just a thought.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
woot, forgot about gorerider.. however, it does less dmg =/ and kicksins need best boot dmg... =/