Glithcing

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
hmmm

Hay 98 is the best system it can handle the most data and it is the fastest for its capasite.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
moo

I wasn't bashing Windows 98 Shrimp, I was bashing Windows ME. Out of 6 people I know with Windows ME, 1 of them doesn't constantly have a problem. 4 of the other 6 did what most would call "Upgrading to Windows 98" from ME.

Windows ME is about as popular now as Enron was about a year ago.

I find I prefer Unix, and Linux Redhat, but Win2k if I had to pick something by Microsoft. XP is great and all, but you can't seriously fucl< up your computer, even with Administrative access! Don't get me wrong, I like the OS, and I think it will makeup for that atrocity Microsoft released as Windows ME, but it feels like the MTV version of operating systems. Too... ugh, sellout I guess?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Actually, windows 98 had millions of bugs. XP is the best OS.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
touche

I'm talking about the lesser of the two evils, 98 is far better and more stable than ME. Microsoft just needed an operating system to make money off poor suckers that didn't know they were going to get screwed until they released XP.

And... living up to Microsoft's standards of constantly making new OS's so you have to fork over another $400, they're releasing an updated version of Win2k called .NET. Mostly used for networking and such however, much like 2000 is used now. I'm not sure what file structure XP uses, but I'm sure .NET will use NTFS, as opposed to 98's FAT 32bit.

Additionally, Intel is releasing the Itanium chip, designed for servers operating on .NET, which has a RISC-based EPIC architecture... should be interesting.

Bah, just get UNIX. It's free, and way more customizeable ;)

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Nah, i like my free warez version of XP, its good enough :)

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Gotta love the warez sites

I'll admit those have saved me hundreds of dollars on free Photoshop, etc. But are you certain the warez XP OS doesn't have another backdoor that Microsoft didn't program into it?

I didn't get mine copy of Win2k from a warez site, however, I'll admit I didn't *ahem* pay for mine either =)

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
Re: LOL

Originally posted by fend0r
You're serious? You do have Windows ME?

If so then I'd definately blame it on that. Windows ME has more bugs than Shrimp's dirty clothes bin!
Ill vs u anytime if ur man enough.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by AKA-47
Nah, i like my free warez version of XP, its good enough :)
I wouldn't admit that in here if I were you. Big brother (billy gates) is watching... sitting at his computer... waiting to take another person to court.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Re: hmmm

Originally posted by shrimpshark
Hay 98 is the best system it can handle the most data and it is the fastest for its capasite.
I doubt it's the hardware causing the problem. Broodwar only requires, like, 75mhz to run on and 8MB of ram or something. I'd say it's a problem with DirectX or something along those lines. Or your video card. Try downloading the latest directx software around. Obviously broodwar doesn't require that, but i'm thinking your old directx is messed up or had a bad install, or something. Can you run other games fine, does it just do this w/ broodwar?

ConqueringStuff

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
it means.....

"Glitching as in the screen turning black and the cd drive light lights up; no matter how long I leave it, it just stays like that.
If i eject the disk it works some times and continues to run untill its next crash (Which will be only 5-10 minutes apart)
so i gotta play just starcraft untill i fix it....

g'day

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by SkuZZy
I wouldn't admit that in here if I were you. Big brother (billy gates) is watching... sitting at his computer... waiting to take another person to court.
I seriously doubt he will sue me for burning a copy of win XP :)

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Glitching

I had a problem similar to that, where my CD was scratched, and whenever I played the music the game would start locking up for a few seconds at a time, however the SFX worked fine... very annoying.

I know it's not the same exact problem, but check to make sure your CD doesn't have a lot of scratches on it as well. That's a very common problem with computer game CDs... overuse.

Originally posted by shrimpshark
Ill vs u anytime if ur man enough
If you're not man enough to take a joke, than my channel is Clan DoS_, and I'm usually on around 10-11pm. But don't piss off my channel op members or you'll be banned before you say "me here... ug... vs fenr0d"

My name is DoS_Darkness :)