Game Review site

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well.. after watching some G4 TV lately.. and been looking at the job openings on the Blizzard home page, I've wanted to start a game review site. Will include all next gen-consoles:
-Playstation 2
-X-Box
-Gamecube

And also PC games. Wanted to start it because not only will it be a little help on a resume for a QA game tester, hell, it'd be fun. Might even make a few buckaroos from adv. over time.

Reason I'm posting it here though.. is for one, to ask if anyone thinks it's a good idea, but also, I will definitely need help. Lots of games out there to be played and I can't do it all alone. I got a lot of PS2 grounds covered, but absolutely no Gamecube experience and very little X-Box.

Will pretty much just have reviews, cheats, probably walk-throughs for extra hard parts [maybe screenshots or short vids if you can]... things like that. Most reviews will need to be atleat 500 words (if you start typing you'll notice it isn't all that long) unless they're really good.

Well.. anyways, anybody up for it, or think it's a good idea?

I already got someone in mind for a review..
- Akule: Halo on X-Box (he's the only one in those forums I've seen not just post crap like "yeah i've done that" or "no" or.."you suck"

Will most likely be hosted at www.1and1.com until this summer when I will be able to pay for real web hosting.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by AxL
Those things can be hard. Will this just be for fun or a pay site?
Well.. not sure what you mean. For the most part fun, but if we can get it really nice and get good traffic probably get money from advertisers.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Thanks.. setting up the domain tonight, will update tomorow. But so you know, me not exactly being a programming guru or anthing [yet ;)], or graphics, it is going to suck. :) Unless someone wants to submit some graphics to the cause.. <.< >.>

But it is the content what matters anyways. :D

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Careful, domains don't go up instantly.

Anyway, wish you best of luck.

-Frank :cool:

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by sakuhta

But it is the content what matters anyways. :D
I sometimes write reviews and if I do I would be more then happy to let your site use them.

theyuw

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
check out my site below. Origonally I had plans of making it a review site then I changed my mind a lil. But a small portion of it will still be reviews if you can spot the part.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think you should start with one game, and rate all the maps on it and mods ECT. You could write/review/put images of a single game for weeks, onces thats done put your website on the net and gradually update it.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by AxL
I sometimes write reviews and if I do I would be more then happy to let your site use them.
Thanks, still waiting for certain confirmation crap from 1and1, those sluts take years for one e-mail. But consider your reviews taken, they be mine. :)

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
sakuhta i got a nice layout i made but never used... if you want it just pm me i'll send u a screen shot first then a file with the html file, psds for logo, fonts, ect. Also i write reviews from time to time... and if you like i can also send you them to use on your site.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
<~ PlayStation 2 Reviewer

:)

*steals all PS2 articles from Game Revolution*

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
id be careful making threads like this. i got my one and only referal from making a thread like this. and i even said that im not advertising, just wanted to discuss the idea. but i do like the idea, but sorry, i cant help you due to not having the time. administrating/designing 2 sites is very time consuming, best of luck for the site and not getting warned for this thread

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by Master_America
Sounds interesting... I'd like to help out. This would require constant game-renting/analyzing, correct?
Yes it would. :)

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by AzNsUpA-Boi
lol i don't care bout reviews as long as i like em... and anyways i dont' play a lot
Boo! Video Game nazi! :)

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm willing to help. I play a lot of Nintendo games (console and handheld), and I play PlayStation from time-to-time. PM or IM me for more details, though, please sakuhta ;)

Later! I'm out!
~~BAM the DOC

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by bamthedoc
I'm willing to help. I play a lot of Nintendo games (console and handheld), and I play PlayStation from time-to-time. PM or IM me for more details, though, please sakuhta ;)

Later! I'm out!
~~BAM the DOC
GOOD 'cause I have no GC experience.

All your review are belong to me.