Donnie darko vs The butterfly effect

Which one?

• Donnie Darko

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • The Butterfly Effect

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I didn't see either (I don't know why I replied to this thread)

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I think they were both great movies. I can't make up my mind which is better. I don't quite understand the Donnie Darko. Butterfly effect was pretty straight foward. Which one was better. And explain your intake.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
I only saw the butterfly affect, but my friend saw both and he says that ButterFly effect is better. But the plot isn't as twisted as Donnie Darko.

-edit- yea and it was kinda weird cuz darko was supposedly set in fairfax VA, right by where i live.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Donnie Darko is quite simpley one of the best movies I have ever seen. I believe I have seen it 20 or 30+ times. I dont know if this other movie could compare to it. Granted, I have read good reviews, but Darko was just...perfect.

The entire idea of this huge, gothic rabbit is just so freaky, but in the movie its not played out to be horror. Awesome...I need to watch it again.

"Donnie made a new friend today. Its a giant rabbit. " :D
(Something like that)

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
ive seen both and i understand both. i still find the plot to the butterfly effect to be much better, and ive spent over 20 bucks on that movie taking me and my gf to go see it twice :)

Spirit-Reaper

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
[color=66ff66]I would have to go with "I don't know why I replied to this thread". I think Butterfly effect would be better becuase that guy is in it that does Punk'd[/color]

Spirit-Reaper

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds.

Reaction score
i havent seen donnie darco, but the butterfly effect was a waste of my 6 dollars. it was basically groundhogs day on crack.

isnt it great how 'I didn't see either (I don't know why I replied to this thread)' outnumbers both the others?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
I didn't see either, but you guys say so good reviews of Darko, I bought it off Amazon, lol..

I will be watching it in a few days >_>;

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Donnie Darko was an awsome movie, though I was in tears at the end, if you havent seen it you should seriously think about checking it out.

I didnt really like the Butterfly Effect a whole lot. I seriously think New Line could of done way better.