Does anyone want Blizzard to focus more on the RTS Warcraft games again?

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
Warcraft III is still the best blizzard game ever made. Overall, it's true. It was the last "old blizzard" game, before they started to suck.

I'd like a Warcraft IV made by the not-crazy people. I'd rather have a new universe though. WOW torpedoed the lore completely, so now it is a cluster **** mess.
Completely agree on the story. I remember reading through that little lore book that came with War3 and memorizing every detail of the lore. It was just so rich and filling.

Now I hear friends talk about WoW and I'm sitting there going "that doesn't make sense, because this happened".

dreyz

Reaction score
If anything, they'll treat any single player games the way they do D3 now and find some way to monetize them.
Good ol' Blizzard with money. Can't blame them though. They're good and they make full use of it. We can just wait and see what other surprises Blizzard has in store for us...but not for another 5 years I suppose?

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Good ol' Blizzard with money. Can't blame them though. They're good and they make full use of it. We can just wait and see what other surprises Blizzard has in store for us...but not for another 5 years I suppose?
5, more like ten. Blizzard may have been bought over but their development times haven't seemed to shorten at all.

iemp

Reaction score
Yeah that's exactly what I want. I am afraid it won't happen so easily though. MMO games like World of Warcraft are a gold mine nowadays and every studio or publisher knows it. :/

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah that's exactly what I want. I am afraid it won't happen so easily though. MMO games like World of Warcraft are a gold mine nowadays and every studio or publisher knows it. :/
That is true, even bethesda is coming out with an MMO. I guess the ability to play with so many people has more appeal than single player. Even I have grown more found to playing with friends and chatting with them while I game. Maybe that is because games have more monotonous tasks that require you to joke around with someone so it is fun. Suffice to say there are only a few games that hold my attention being only single player.

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
Well they went the opposite way with D3, so maybe Blizzard hasn't quite caught on yet!

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah exactly, as a customer I may hate it. But if I were in their shoes, I'd do the same thing in a heartbeat. If the people are constantly showing they'll buy it, why stop selling it right?

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah exactly, as a customer I may hate it. But if I were in their shoes, I'd do the same thing in a heartbeat. If the people are constantly showing they'll buy it, why stop selling it right?
The old adage, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. There is no real reason to switch back to WC for the company. I am sure there are more people who play WoW and WC fans. It is sad for all us RTS fans, but true. Although what they could do is make WC RTS that focuses not on main stroy lines, but on side storylines like the Nagas or some sub races.

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
The old adage, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. There is no real reason to switch back to WC for the company. I am sure there are more people who play WoW and WC fans. It is sad for all us RTS fans, but true. Although what they could do is make WC RTS that focuses not on main stroy lines, but on side storylines like the Nagas or some sub races.
Or just forget the lore and continue where War3 ended. I mean, it's not like WoW is very consistent or logical...

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Or just forget the lore and continue where War3 ended. I mean, it's not like WoW is very consistent or logical...
Does it really need to be? People have already shown that WOW has become more an addiction than an engrossing story lol

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
Of course not, that was my point. They already ditched any sort of continuity from the War3 lore with WoW, I doubt they care if they do it again with a War4.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Maybe they could reveal WoW is all a dream and negate every piece of story that has happened lol.

vishiousx

Reaction score
I would love to see another Warcraft RTS for sure. They would be able to do such great things now, even better than Warcraft 3 if that's possible. From the things they have learned from making Starcraft 2, and to put that into Warcraft would be simply amazing.