Diablo 2 / LOD Question?

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My friend owns Diablo 2. I want to just buy Diablo 2 LOD. If he gives me Diablo 2 to put on my PC, but then I use my own Diablo 2 LOD Cd key. And then he uses his Diablo 2 LOD CD key to play...

Will we still be able to play since we have the same Diablo 2 (original not expansion) CD key, but different Diablo 2 LOD CD keys?

I must know. I am not rich, and I cannot afford to buy Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 LOD, so please help.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I would imagine you'd beable to play the expansion... but you wouldn't beable to play regular diablo 2 on battle.net. I see no reason why LoD wouldn't work though, cause you would be using that CD, therefore, that cd-key. This is a good question though... I haven't tried this.

soljah

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
me and my friend share cdkey and we can play both on bnet but only one of us can play at once but thats ok cuz we share starraft n diablo so if he is playin diablo den i can play starcraft

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You will not be able to play on the same realm. The Reg d2 cd-key is checked along with the expac.

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks Flaming Cows that would be great.

I mean if you don't mind. That's awesome.

You don't have too, but it's just really nice to offer.

I guess private message me if you want to give it to me

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I tried the CD Key, and it says that I need to use the CD key on my CD case. Why is this? Does Blizzard know what CD keys I need to use, and what ones I can't use.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
oh shit i better get those burned copys of starchaft back form my friends

{joke}