D2 lags and aura

L

lightb

first problem...trying out d2(original ver1.00) over tcp/ip with a friend...the performance for whoever's hosting the game is fine...but the other client machine lags terribly and disconnects after a few minutes play...
gives this message "Connection disconnected due to interruption"
(somethin like that at least)

both machines are p3 with 128 MB RAM...Cable modem (negative for spywares and other problems..i think)

second problem...my paladin's auras have no effect on my friend's sorceress..even the aura graphic(on my friend) doesnt show up..from what i read its supposed to.

any help on both the matters would be very appreciated.

thanx

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
For the paladin question: What aura? Because nobody can help you unless we know which one. Was id redemption? Because that only effects you and redeems sould for you. Was it Holy light/fore/lightning? Because those only effect you. Was it Conviction or Santuary? because those only effect monsters.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lightb
first problem...trying out d2(original ver1.00) over tcp/ip with a friend...the performance for whoever's hosting the game is fine...but the other client machine lags terribly and disconnects after a few minutes play...
gives this message "Connection disconnected due to interruption"
(somethin like that at least)

both machines are p3 with 128 MB RAM...Cable modem (negative for spywares and other problems..i think)

second problem...my paladin's auras have no effect on my friend's sorceress..even the aura graphic(on my friend) doesnt show up..from what i read its supposed to.

any help on both the matters would be very appreciated.

thanx
1st solution: get 256 ram, and dsl, and better graphic card or just upg ur graphic card to 32mb/64mb (trust me, when i had 128 ram, cable modem, and 8mb graphics, d2 lagged horribly, so horrible, that i could only lvl my necro from 1 to42 in WHOLE SUMMER!!! it was that slow and is true story :( sad me)
2nd solution: Its supposed to, like ^ said, party up, if it still doesnt work, prob ur graphics (highly doubted) or connection (also highly doubted and ?!?!?!?!)

2xm

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i'm playing on dailup and dont lag even when somone else hosts the game well i do maby every 10 minutes for like 3 seconds but not much your connection isint the problem i have a 528mb ram dono about my graphix card but it isint that good although it can deal with diablo 2 lod fine but games like gothic 2 lag a little

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2xm
i'm playing on dailup and dont lag even when somone else hosts the game well i do maby every 10 minutes for like 3 seconds but not much your connection isint the problem i have a 528mb ram dono about my graphix card but it isint that good although it can deal with diablo 2 lod fine but games like gothic 2 lag a little
First of all.. u cant have 528 mb ram, its probly 512 ram.. And yes, connection isnt much of prob in D2, but it does affect your gaming style, if u type in "/fps" during the game, and if ugot modem, ur ping will go so high.. n lag for bit. This will result in somehting like dropping from a room and "connection interrupted".
However, the real reason some comps lags in D2 is... your computer lacking in ram/or ur ram is jus full when u start up d2 (which means, CLOSE ALL APPLICATIONS... i.e. stuff that comes on in the right side of ur start button bar.. under the clock, close all unnecessary items.) or u got REALLY crappy graphic card... My old comp had like only 8mb of 3d graphics, with 64mb... and it lagged alot in act 4, you know the river of flames, which requires most of graphic features in d2, and memory, so get your self a new comp, which are pretty cheap now, ive seen one with these features for 499.99 (canadian, and only has the body it self, no keyboard and no mouse):
-512 ram
-intel Xtreme 32mb graphics
-80 hard drives
-2.2 Ghz
-etc...
Since you already have keyboard and mouse from ur old comp, jus buy comps like the one above, its cheap n quite useful nowadays, tho graphics really suck... oh well =/

L

lightb

thanx for all the help guys...yeah gotta a ram upgrade much better