Custom map NEED HELP

icewindrage

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how u get gold like on special forces and get it to trade in for money and u know hoe u get different money for kill stronger things hoe u do that???????????

KOolicaNe

Member!
Reaction score
i already answered it!
and anyways if u dont understand me look at the threads Trigger Help

Magikarp

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yea.. forums were created so that people could have time to think out their responses, instead of performing illiterate ad-lib.

There are numerous ways to get money for kills. The most common and primitive way would be to do this:

[Players]
Player 1

[Conditions]
(Kill) Player 1 Kills Exactly 1 Zerg Hydralisk.

[Actions]
(Set Resources) Modify Resources For Player 1: Add 1 Minerals

You would then proceed to to making another trigger that says that Player 1 kills Exactly 2 Zerg Hydralisk, and add another mineral for that.

This method is the most accurate and error free, but it is also the most tedious to set up. The best way to award money for kills using a minimum amount of triggers would be to do the following:

[Players]
All Players (Or the Human Force)

[Conditions]
{Deaths} Player 8 (Computer) Has Suffered Exactly 1 Deaths Of Zerg Hydralisk
{Kill} Current Player Kills Exactly 1 Any Unit.

[Actions]
{Comment} Kill / Reward Hydralisk
{Set Deaths} Modify Death Counts For Player 8 (Computer): Set 0 For Zerg Hydralisk
{Set Score} Modify Score For Current Player: Set 0 Kills
{Set Resources} Modify Resources For Player 1: Add 1 Minerals
{Preserve Trigger}

Using this method, you could set it so that, if the enemy Computer suffers the death of a specific unit and a certain player's kill score goes up 1, you'll award the human player with money.

This is also useful because it will apply to all of the human players, so you dont have to create this trigger over and over again for each individual player.

If you dont understand how this works, just copy the above trigger and for every enemy unit you want to award money for, just plug that unit in where the Hydralisk is. Ie, replace the Hydralisk with an Ultralisk, and, if the Ultralisk is stronger, make the money reward higher, like to 3 minerals or something.

Magikarp

Reaction score
Yea.. forums were created so that people could have time to think out their responses, instead of performing illiterate ad-lib.

There are numerous ways to get money for kills. The most common and primitive way would be to do this:

[Players]
All Players (Or The Force That Just Has Humans)

[Conditions]
{Kill} Player 1 Kills Exactly 1 Zerg Hydralisk.

[Actions]

You would then proceed to to making another trigger that says that Player 1 kills Exactly 2 Zerg Hydralisk, and add another mineral for that.

This method is the most accurate and error free, but it is also the most tedious to set up. The best way to award money for kills using a minimum amount of triggers would be to do the following:

[Players]
All Players (Or The Force That Just Has Humans)

[Conditions]
{Deaths} Player 8 (Computer) Has Suffered Exactly 1 Deaths Of Zerg Hydralisk
{Kill} Current Player Kills Exactly 1 Any Unit.

[Actions]
{Comment} Kill / Reward Hydralisk
{Set Deaths} Modify Death Counts For Player 8 (Computer): Set 0 For Zerg Hydralisk
{Set Score} Modify Score For Current Player: Set 0 Kills
{Preserve Trigger}

Using this method, you could set it so that, if the enemy Computer suffers the death of a specific unit and a certain player's kill score goes up 1, you'll award the human player with money.

This is also useful because it will apply to all of the human players, so you dont have to create this trigger over and over again for each individual player.

If you dont understand how this works, just copy the above trigger and for every enemy unit you want to award money for, just plug that unit in where the Hydralisk is. Ie, replace the Hydralisk with an Ultralisk, and, if the Ultralisk is stronger, make the money reward higher, like to 3 minerals or something.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Lol, Rygon, you made a double post. Remember not to click 'Submit Reply' twice, it's happened to me too often :rolleyes

Magikarp

Reaction score
Omfg.. I didnt mean too :scary ! And, omfG, I cant even delete my own posts? Whats up with that?

These forums dont give enough power to the little people.. I demand my rights! Oppressors!

Anyway, if a moderator reads this, delete the first one I posted..