Counterstrike Tournaments

oneyedMan

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Some of you may have noticed new stuff under your names, this is because regular Tournaments will be starting for Wc3, Diablo II, Starcraft and maybe CS. For more information go here

The purpose of this thread is everyone to discuss ideas on how a Counterstrike Tournament should be held. So if any of you have any ideas, feel free to share them with us. All ideas will be considered

Im pretty sure all of you would like to see the Cs forums more active, and im sure they will be if we get some Tournaments going

Above_70Percent

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ourworld.cs.com
How can you have a counter-strike tournmant without a counter-strike server?

Beer $lut

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
We would need tons of people, cause im sick of this 2v2, 3v3 crap.

Demon Child

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.Zerogamers.com
Originally posted by TweaK
(goats private server)
As Tweak is saying him and a few other BF members have set up a server called "G0atse" so im sure we could get all the statistics we need from one of them, either Tweak or Teddy.

And maybe it can go like this:

Game: Counter Strike (or Condition Zero)
Last Match: Date Here Ex: 08/14/2004
Record: Kills and Deaths

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
We do have the ranking system up, and the server is openly playable by anybody who views BF. If it becomes increasingly more popular, then I'm sure we could probably accomidate a larger private. The rankwhore system changes WAY too much to keep updated on BF though... Maybe daily/weekly changes would be nice.

BTW - 66.208.99.4:27015 - goats

If theres nobody in there, join and idle for a while and I'm sure somebody will join...

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by oneyedMan
Some of you may have noticed new stuff under your names, this is because regular Tournaments will be starting for Wc3, Diablo II, Starcraft and maybe CS. For more information go here

The purpose of this thread is everyone to discuss ideas on how a Counterstrike Tournament should be held. So if any of you have any ideas, feel free to share them with us. All ideas will be considered

Im pretty sure all of you would like to see the Cs forums more active, and im sure they will be if we get some Tournaments going
If your doing a tournament, youll need to know how many people will be in it first. The rules should be simple, such as cal.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yeah theres a amx/admin mod I think that will kick you if your name didn't start in a certain way(i.e a tag). I'm not sure about the whole forum setup though, that seems a bit complicated.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There would have to be a direct high-bandwidth connection to the BattleForums server - impossible. As long as it's private there shouldn't be much of a problem...

Teddy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
The g0atse server is available, if you wanna use it. you can.

oneyedMan

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Great stuff, im pretty sure we could easily get a 5 vs 5 going, Teddy, Tweak, are you both admins on the server?

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Me, CoTa, and ted are admins.
12 slots, 6 on 6.
High speed connection, central america. I think it's located in Houston.

oneyedMan

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
90 ping - Live in the UK, but still playable. :)

So now we have a server we can use, thx to Tweak, Ted & Cota. I will Arrange a game for : Saturday 7th August All who wish to particapte ( Required 12, 6 vs 6 ). Post in the thread Entitled 6 vs 6 - ENTER NOW

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why 6v6? 5v5 > 6v6