Catapult problem

Clippers

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been in a situation many times where in 2v2 i have 3-4 catapults and the rest grunts and i would be in the middle for combat and my other aponent attacks me from behind and my defenceless Catapults get ran over.If you have any sugestions play tell me.

Xandrix

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
umm... micro them away?? or if your friend has the front send grunts to the back to hold off the guys by ur catas

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
ummm i forgot to tell this in the game.... have about 4 peons behind catapult repairing every time... lol

Also, catapults run when enemy attacks u from behind.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by N_LeGeNd)
ummm i forgot to tell this in the game.... have about 4 peons behind catapult repairing every time... lol

Also, catapults run when enemy attacks u from behind.
Easier said than done. Ever use Catapults or are you just thinking logically? They're too slow to micro, so once you're hit in the flanks, you're catapults are as good as gone.

The only way to get them away is:
1. Carry a speed scroll. Use this to allow your Catapults to maneuver. (This is if you're playing TFT. Using the name Catapults might suggest ROC.)
2. Never leave your catapults in the open. Keep them as close to your main army as possible, but as far back as their minimum range will allow. Example: When attacking an expansion, move the catapults close to the building IF you think your enemy is going to run to defend. In this situation, leaving your melee in the back sets your lines up perfectly for the confrontation.

AzNsUpA-Boi

Premium Member
Reaction score
if you have 4 peons following the pult at all times its a really big waste of 4 peons unless you are about to win

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Torubu
Easier said than done. Ever use Catapults or are you just thinking logically? They're too slow to micro, so once you're hit in the flanks, you're catapults are as good as gone.

The only way to get them away is:
1. Carry a speed scroll. Use this to allow your Catapults to maneuver. (This is if you're playing TFT. Using the name Catapults might suggest ROC.)
2. Never leave your catapults in the open. Keep them as close to your main army as possible, but as far back as their minimum range will allow. Example: When attacking an expansion, move the catapults close to the building IF you think your enemy is going to run to defend. In this situation, leaving your melee in the back sets your lines up perfectly for the confrontation.
Muahhaha i tried torubu in the real game, and i got it to work... however i lost the game, but w/e. :p, also got it worked for NE and UD.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by N_LeGeNd)
Muahhaha i tried torubu in the real game, and i got it to work... however i lost the game, but w/e. :p, also got it worked for NE and UD.
You ran demolishers from front line forces? Uh, sorry, doesn't work that easily without the speedscroll I mentioned. They have to little HP and move too slow. Also, where are you supposed to run them? He's being flanked, and there's a fight in the front.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
.... you dont know what im saying, grunts tank, demolishers in the back, peons repairing... if i c enemy from back, i put demolishers into middle, and i bring some grunts to back.
Sigh torubu, im not a dumbass.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
keep a row of grunts behind the pults. always works for me. grunts and hh incase of an airial attack. and maybe some peons. but have them guarded.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
keep a row of grunts behind the pults. always works for me. grunts and hh incase of an airial attack. and maybe some peons. but have them guarded.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by AvatarOfShadows

.. Thats quite moronic to say the least..
No offense but if you spend the money on grunts just to keep them out of the fight and behind your range.. You need to re think your strategy..

Most likly the other guy has had the same amount of time to harvest gold and he is piting his entire force against you. Why would you have some units grabassing behind lines when they could be the life or death thing that saves you from defreat in a game

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Plz take a good look at the date of the last reply,

if u post a reply to thread that is over 14 days old, it's considered as post bump, and its against the rules

Ontopic: so what are you suggesting? jus stop making grunts and make what peons to tank? at least tell the person what to do...

and its been answered up there i think.

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So why are pople so hard up about rules? Chill wow.. I didn't notice that the thread was old.. It was near the damn top LOL.
Futhermore: I was commenting on what was in it.

Back to disccuion: I think you need to reread what i was saying.

1). He said he was keeping a line of grunts BEHIND THE CATAPULTS. Not in fron where the fighting was taking place. He said that he kept them back there so that he didn't incure a pincer attack.

Bleh... I might of misread this.. whatever..