Cant install d2

fub33

Member!
Reaction score
hey has any1 had a problem with d2data.mpq when installing d2?
i think the cd i bought is rooted, is there anything i can do apart from go back to the shop and flame my head off?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Does the install just stop on that file? If so, it's probably the CD. That's what my 3 broken starcraft CD's do... they stop on one of the large mpq's and freeze, then say something about data being corrupted or some error like that. What error do you get specifically?

fub33

Member!
Reaction score
i dunno what it says specifically, its in chinese but yeah it stops on d2data.mpq, i think ur right, the cd has some yuck marks on it ; dodgy shit.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by fub33
i dunno what it says specifically, its in chinese but yeah it stops on d2data.mpq, i think ur right, the cd has some yuck marks on it ; dodgy shit.
A bit off topic... but why is it in chinese? heh. You get a bad deal on ebay or something? rotfl

fub33

Member!
Reaction score
im in taiwan, i dunno, my cousin bought it, from where i dunno
its ****ed, have to go to internet cafe to play D2. spending so much $$ there im gettin broke. ****en gay install cd!

C

crzymn

ya i have that same problem but im in america. i know exactly what the error message says:

Error 0x0000001E: can't read from the specified device

it always happens half way through the d2data.mpq file. i search for the file on the disk and it's there!!!! i want to tear it off and say here it is!!!!!!!!!! but i can't do that. oh well. from what i hear, i have to buy another damn Diablo 2 game??????? Please Help!!!!

crzymn