Bolt, we agree on one thing, people sure ruin other people's work

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
For example, you made the first pic on a map and people steal the idea and claim it their own, or make programs so everyone else can do it.
As with me, about 3 years ago, i waz the first person to use Hyper Trigger on a map, (I have witnesses) and after i gave out the unlocked version, about 2 months later i saw people CopyWriting that thing on websites and stuff...
U ungrateful people!... :p

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
First off i think this was suppost to be a reply and not a new thread.

Second although I made the first picture, that started the craze anyways, I don't try to take credit for other peoples pictures. Or even the idea. As far as you making the first hyper trigger, I kinda find that doubtfull, who knows it may be true it might not. Ither way both ideas are rather basic and several people could of come up with the same thing. The hyper trigger can be discovered by anyone with a deep understanding of waits.

Anyways you will proboloy not think more than "Yes I did make it first" so in that case, what map are you refering to and what was your Battle.net name at the time. I only ask cause i belive I may of known you, or been around at the time.

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Well first off, this wazn't a play map, it waz a test map, and several people saw me make it and tested it with me. Although you are right, they are pretty basic, i can call it an original idea because i had never seen it be done before, which is what made me think of it, and the fact that i gave out the unlocked map and about 1 month after that i saw the first google search on "Fast Kill Trigger" which was made my way made me believe that. The first hyper i made was Wait one second, center vision for computer @ location what ever. And that was exactly the way i made it up to the number of times that i copied it and the fact that i made 2 of them exactly on the map. Oh and don't forget, i think you are an east sider and considering that this was a long time ago and it was not a playable map, it waz just watch i don't think you would have heard of it or me because i never had the stupidity to claim i did something on b.net, but then again, it wouldn't hurt to see if people could accept it but i already got my answer on that, and yes u r right, i may not have been the first, but it waz an original idea when i made it because i never saw it b4.

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Wow, i just tried to read that and it didn't make to much sense, please try to read between the lines i'm kinda tired and i can't think straight

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Well my name waz Romanian_guy back then, i never released big maps, i tried to keep to myself and my friends with crazy triggers that i could think of so... I don't go all out with my maps, i just make em for myself pretty much.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Well if your concept of time is actually correct i would of been using US West at that time. (alot of people think time goes by quicker than it does on battle.net) Anyways I remember KckKryptonite and TheHonorKnight using it. And that is where i learned about it. But it was simply a bunch of wait 0's no actions between them. Did you go to the channel &Z then?

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
No actually, i haven't seen or heard about it for a while after, then Race bound came out using it and a lot of sites and other bounds started using it. But hey, i might be wrong, it's all about the time frame, i know that it waz sometime around december 2000, cos that was @ the peak of my map making days.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Well The first Bound ever made has Hyper triggers. So its impossable that Race Bound introduced it. The First bound (snow bound) was unprotected and it came it in early 2002. I also have maps of my own dated early 2002 with hyper triggers.

Bounds have not been around since 2000. If you think that then what I said about concept of time is correct with you as well.

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33](If I can cut in here:)) Well we all know (No really, we do) that you two are a couple of the most legendary map makers, but you have to figure that once someone comes out with a good idea, most other people are going to use it in their maps... but yeah, copyrighting it as their own idea IS getting a little out of hand.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Well said Matrix

But Bolt you are wrong, remember snow bound right @ the begining when it ended with all those pylons and a ultra guarding it?? That was the first bound and it did not have any hyper triggers. First there were those archs comming down, then there was a set of explosions, jump a wall, marines comming, avoid Dark Archons, jump another wall and u had to go to a beacon by squeezing between pylons. That was the first bound ever and even when ice bound came out which was an advanced version of snow bound all those archons walking @ the top and the gas tanks, all took a while to kill you, if u were lucky u could run it all, which means that they did not have hyper triggers. Think about what i'm saying u'll remember.

eX-reaver

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.I RULE.com
Im sure its happen to you many times people taking ideas and all but you gota make sure you have proof and make it fully protected so it cant be edited YOU CAN TRUST ANYONE THESES DAYS damb hackers n newbies GRRRRRRRR. I meam i have had many maps stolen of me for starters never trust creame[e] that lying bitch. We decided to create a map together what happens when i finish the triggering he runs of with the ****ing map with out saying i did soemthing with it ever since i TRUST NO ONE

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Romainin it is very easy to make things happen Not-so-crazy in a map even with hypers. Snow Bound Did infact have hypers and just the first obstical is proof of that. And to tell you the truth I don't remember much other than The fact that there is a archon on the right side with my name on it. Ill attach the map for you Look Under all players.

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Dunno when u got that but, that is not the original version of it. The first version waz prehystoric with no colour and no hyper and even so, the first obstacle does not have hyper in it. It does stop for the 1 second delay after each Complete Cycle. He just made explosion timing really fast, dats not hyper

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
#1, Romanian, change your picture in your signature. It exceeds the limit:
Maximum Height: 200 pixels
Maximum Width: 550 pixels
Maximum Filesize: 30 Kilobytes (30,720 Bytes. 1024 bytes = 1 kilobyte)

#2, Were Obstacle Courses made before bounds?

#3, Nice debate:D Keep up the good work.

Bolt Head

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowfortress.net
Yes the few "Obstical Course" maps were made before snowbound, The first obstical course was made by Heroic-SCV or something like that. Also bye the way I talked to KckKryptonite specificly about this and he said that snow bound did have hyper triggers in it. He had known about them since 1999 accorrding to him.

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Well in that case, i guess i'll withdraw the statement. I didn't know about it before that and never seen a map with it so i thought.... But n e wayz.

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
#1, Romanian, change your picture in your signature. It exceeds the limit:
How come? I mean i went on the Normal B.net Forum and admin told me to make it smaller, which is did and i asked if it waz ok and he said yes. But hey, ure the boss

Wow, i just realised that u told me 2 change my pic for 16 pixels. Seriously dats just wrong man

ShaftedTwice

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
#1 Romainian, do not double or triple post in a row. Instead, use the "Edit" button.

#2 Dun argue wit the elder mods, hes just helpin ya man.

#3 Good debate, as Virus said.

ShaftedTwice

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]Sheesh, getting a little out of hand here, can we get back on subject?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​