BNET to start charging?

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
well

Right now not alot of people know. But the people who own blizzard, Vivendi, are in alot of money troubles and will probably be selling their entire company or something. Since battle.net is the biggest expense, i'm almost positive they will start charging for it eventually. They need a steady flow of income. Offering unlimited play for free isn't really good business practice.

SkuZZy

Wickedrank

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: well

Originally posted by SkuZZy
Since battle.net is the biggest expense, i'm almost positive they will start charging for it eventually. They need a steady flow of income. Offering unlimited play for free isn't really good business practice.

SkuZZy
I hope they don't.

I agree that they might eventually start making us all pay. If it were me(no matter how much I would hate to do it)I would be inclined to consider making it pay to play(PtoP),being in a financial struggle.
But I'd also be looking at ways to keep it free or at least partially.

But who am I? A nobody just stating his opinion/view.

Back to the top I really hope they don't anytime soon.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Re: Re: well

Originally posted by Wickedrank

I hope they don't.

I agree that they might eventually start making us all pay. If it were me(no matter how much I would hate to do it)I would be inclined to consider making it pay to play(PtoP),being in a financial struggle.
But I'd also be looking at ways to keep it free or at least partially.

But who am I? A nobody just stating his opinion/view.

Back to the top I really hope they don't anytime soon.
I don't think Blizzard wants to. If they did make it P2P, then it would cause alot of people to be unable to play (since the large majority of people who play on bnet don't have credit cards) but i think they will. The reason is, they provide other ways to play besides battle.net (Single Player / Direct IP / LAN) so battle.net should be P2P. As far as WoW goes, they will definately be charging for that. It will be a blantant rip off of Everquest / AO ..... but who cares!!! ;)

T

torch1028

if they do i will just spend 20$ on kali how would they charge they dont have adresses

chemilion

Reaction score
better not

I think that if this is true they will be 1 thing.

1.they will b losing peeps.

P.S.i dont think they can make us people who have been playing do that cause b.net wouldnt exist without us.If this happens bye peeps cause im quiting.

:mad: :eek:

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Re: better not

Originally posted by chemilion
I think that if this is true they will be 1 thing.

1.they will b losing peeps.

P.S.i dont think they can make us people who have been playing do that cause b.net wouldnt exist without us.If this happens bye peeps cause im quiting.

:mad: :eek:

yeah they would obviously lose people, but... in a world where money means so much, i'm sure they would rather have 10,000 people who pay $10 a month, than 500,000 people who don't pay anything. Not only would less people mean less bandwidth, but it would also mean more money (obviously). So they will probably do it anyways.

shrimpshark

Member!
Reaction score
how the hell will i earn 10 a mth

since when do i have to pay for b-net insted of getting w3

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Re: how the hell will i earn 10 a mth

Originally posted by shrimpshark
since when do i have to pay for b-net insted of getting w3
Well, right now blizzard relies on people buying the games and then not playing on battle.net. I'll tell you right now, if everyone who has ever bought a copy of starcraft/warcraft/diablo took advantage of what blizzard offers (unlimited free gaming) and played as much as I do (heh) then blizzard would be out of business... unless they started charging, which they would pretty much have to. The amounts of bandwidth that blizzard must go through are enormous. WoW will prob be the first thing to go P2P (pay to play)... then slowly, all their new games that are released will become P2P as well. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Warcraft 3 will be the last BLIZZARD game ever to offer unlimited free multiplayer support... except for the maybe the WC3 expansion... if there ever is one.

xShadowDogx

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If Bnet starts charging, i will be mad.. but my dad will pay for it.... I think that bnet should be funded by Blizzard.. since i know a hell of alot of people who get Blizzard Games to play on Bnet with their friends. and anyways... if they need to charge becuz they in trouble.. i think they should.. its their right, and why let us ruin their lives by them not getting an income... that would suck!:(:(
-ShadowDog

P.S. Hope they start doing better with financial income!

Baraka

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.hotornot.com
Dude I hate to break it to you but that isn't Avril Lavigne. It's Sarah Michelle Gellar. Avril Lavigne looks slighty different than that.

P

Paragon

If they start charging, they are fools. 90% of the greatness of Blizzard games come from the on-line experience. I don't know about you, but I have been playing on b.net for 6 years now. I spend almost all my home time at my comp and on b.net. If they made b.net p2p then Blizzard would only be hurting themselves. I wouldn't pay for it. It is worth it, to me, but not to my bro's. We'd go find a new game. Its that simple.

Wolfie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think its a good Idea

I think its a good Idea about charging, It would be both beneficial to Blizzard and to its users. Blizzards obviously needs the kizash and If it was P2P then bnet wouldnt be populated with an infinitude of 12 year olds.

Im all for this Charging Idea, even if its a bogus rumor.

Peace Out
-Wolfie

I

Ismand

I certainly hope they won't being to charge us.
Some people buy blizzard games only because of battle.net
They will lose customers on that. They will lose popularity, and if any other company is smart, they will start something like battle.net with their own games.
If Blizzard needs money, they could maybe get some sponsors.
I for one like battle.net, but I am not going to pay for it.
One of the good things about battle.net is, that its free.

GhostRider13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well if they start charging how will they go about it.If i have to choose between it and everquest ill pay for everquest.Then ill go find another free game.Heck it hurts but if battle net wants to hurt us financially we can do the same.

O

Ominau

Screw charging us. why dont they just like do product placement,
like have Thrall drink Sprite or Gatorade in the expansion.Or what about a Warcraft single person Ps2 or XboX game.Mabe centered around Thrall's life as a slva or scracraft or somthing like that.