Blizzard servers can now detect hacks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
About a week ago I sent in a replay to the support@blizzard.com place from someone who was obviously cheating. I got a nice reply (a real one!) from a tech support person who had this to say:

Hi,

His name may be offensive enough to delete his account just for that...let me see.

I'm forwarding this to hacks@blizzard.com for investigation. Please send any future reports to that address as well to expedite the process. Keep in mind that our servers are now able to detect the use of maphacks in ladder games, so we'll definitely get this guy if he's hacking...

{WR500}

Thanks,

Kaeo M.

Technical Support
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support
If you respond to this email, please attach all previous messages and files relating to this issue.
Well, there you have it. I guess it's finally gonna be true...a game without hacks!!! Anyone else think blizzard rocks???!!

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Interesting... I think they would have stated it if they were sure that their server's could detect hacks.... But the bad thing is, most people manage to get around them and create new hacks as soon a blizzard shuts down an old one.

Placebo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WHat was his name. If they delete names for being bad then I got a barrel of umm... bad names.. yeah bad names.

Status
Not open for further replies.