Blizzard - 2008 Worldwide Invitational Announced

guysensei

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Finally, the Fourth Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational (Whoa, that’s a mouthful!) has been announced, and is going to be held in Europe. What’s that mean? Well, only the most hardcore of Blizzard fans here in the US will have a chance to go, that’s for sure.

Blizzard seems to like keeping their fans happy (well, besides announcing and releasing games fast enough) by giving us conventions to swarm to, and they always love to have a good ol' fashioned e-dogfight via contests at these things, which are always a riot with the fans.

The event is going to be held at the Porte de Versailles Exposition Center in Paris, France between June 28th and June 29th of this year (2008). Everyone is invited to come (of course at the price of admission, duh) and enjoy themselves.

So far, there has been a lack of information stating new announcements (Darn! And I was hoping to hear about Diablo III being set in France). And from the looks of things they won't be announcing any new game releases, but there’s always a chance, and either way, it's still going to be a heckload of fun. Nothing like gathering around in a mad swarm and playing your favourite blizzard games, and shouting "PWNT" across the room at someone you just e-murdered.

So far the activities include having a discussion panel with Blizzard Entertainment Developers (I demand everyone who attends locate the Diablo team developers, and bombard them with Diablo III questions until their heads explode.) along with artist and developer signings, demos of Starcraft II and WoW: Wrath of the Lich King for all to play, musical performances, a silent auction (personally I want to know what they plan to sell in this one), tons of merchandise to waste money on, and the coolest thing of all Blizzard related groupings: eSport and casual tournaments for everyone who comes and wants to play. I love those; it reminds me of the old Mortal Kombat arcade days.

Of course, there’s more to happen that hasn't been announced, and who knows? Maybe they WILL announce a new spankin' game (D3 anyone?) but even if not, this is still one great thing to go to, and a great excuse for leaving the US for a few days.

If you plan to be one of the lucky people to go to the Worldwide Invitational, I suggest you get those tickets now, Blizzard conventions don't always last forever after all. You're limited to five tickets per household, and there is a first come first serve basis, so get moving or else you might miss out.