BF's Starcraft 2 Beta Key Contest Winner Is....

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Wow what a contest. One email, 2 weeks later, and we have nearly 500 'chobo' posts from people we've never even heard of since the 2002's. Looks like people are really excited about the upcoming Starcraft 2!

Ok, so I just went through 50 pages of posts, and counted 1279 trackable points.

I generated a random number between 1 and 1279 using random.org, and I got this: 148

So.... I went back (ahhhhhhhhhhhh!) and started counting again until I reached 148, and the member who's point value equals that is.....

steve89!!

Congrats man. I've sent you a PM notifying you. I see you haven't logged in since you posted, so if you do not claim your prize within 48 hours, I will do a re-draw.

I'd also like to give gnts and Flame_phoenix a complimentary premium membership for being the top contributors in this contest. I'm sorry you guys didn't win, but congratulations nonetheless :). Send me a PM and I'll upgrade you.

Thanks. Hope it was as fun for me as it was for you.

Donny

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
Haven't you seen that before? it's a rule of nature, all try to win and will almost fight for it and another wins that doesn't even expect. xD xD That's fair btw. Good teaming gnt and phoenix.

I counted them yesterday and it looked like phoenix and gnts had almost twice as much as me. 4th place sux the most coz you can't even take the bronze and they say that 2nd and 3rd are the worst...

The more you want something, the less you get it.

Flame_phoenix

WarCraft III proud map maker
Reaction score
And we lost against 1 guy with 1 post. Damn, I told gnts this was going to happen.
Universe has a strange sense of irony if you ask me =P

I know the contest is over but ... We are all chobos because we lost against a guy with 1 post lol.

all try to win and will almost fight for it and another wins that doesn't even expect.
Allow me to correct you my friend: we didn't almost fight, we actually started a funny flame war =D

I'd also like to give gnts and Flame_phoenix a complimentary premium membership for being the top contributors in this contest.
Thx, good to see funny work is rewarded xD

I would also like to thank gnts for being my Nemesis in this war. It was the funniest contest I have ever been, and I hope he had as much fun as I had trying to humiliate each other xD

I will try sending PM now =D

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Done, already sent PM to kinkarso and gnts =D

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
You may be forgetting, flame, but rand has a high chance of not even resonding to this, so you may still get the key.

Flame_phoenix

Reaction score
You may be forgetting, flame, but rand has a high chance of not even resonding to this, so you may still get the key.
Lol. I am going to tell you a little funny secret. When it comes to random behaviors I am an adept of Murphy's law. This means that if some one re-makes the contest again, I (and gnts too MUhahhaha) will lose AGAIN against some guy with only 1 post xD

So, technically, the Universe has a super sense of humor, take it easy =P

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
if no one noticed, I was also trying to win and if no one noticed, if the key winner is 1st place, phoenix and gnts is 2nd and 3rd, I am 4th = worst alrdy explained why.

Next time kinkarso think of something that has a point maybe? I know you're trying to get traffic and that's all that matters to you but please, a game competition will be better.

Flame_phoenix

Reaction score
Next time kinkarso think of something that has a point maybe? I know you're trying to get traffic and that's all that matters to you but please, a game competition will be better.
[sarcasm]Sure, why make a fair contest after all?[/sarcasm]

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
He really shouldn't base it on who will stay all night, really. It can still be a forum event if not a game. I'll just assume that he is still new to BF and I stop here. Congrats to the winners.

Flame_phoenix

Reaction score
He really shouldn't base it on who will stay all night, really. It can still be a forum event if not a game.
I don't know about you, but I never stood awake all night for the contest. Happens that I live in Europe, maybe the hours here are different, when is day here, is night there.

Truth is that I usually go to sleep late, but that's because I am studying for exams.
I agree it can be other forum event, but I don't think this contest was unfair, it was just based on randomness, and to be quite honest I entered because I needed to have fun, not because I needed the key (I knew I wouldn't win it in the first place).

IMHO, your opinion about this contest is very subjective, some people like the idea, other people don't like the idea.
Personally, I liked it.

gnts

The tiger says RAWR
Reaction score
ahah it was fun, had lots of fun with my random posts and also flaming phoenix, i still hate the fact that the 1 post guy won :tsk: oh well like phoenix said to me

gnts

The tiger says RAWR
Reaction score
noooo i hope he didnt cause i still want that key, well i did opt in for the beta testing but i still never heard from blizzard, ima assume i wasnt lucky enough to get that either =/

Flame_phoenix

Reaction score
ima assume i wasnt lucky enough to get that either =/
This is the part where I say that God doesn't like you Muhahahha ... (lol) ... however I can't do that because ...

xD

gnts

The tiger says RAWR
Reaction score
hey hey hey, i know theres know god, i blame myself for being lame and getting rejected from college at the last minute because of my C on my final transcript, and i blame this on murphy's law "everything can and will go bad"

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Alright, I can confirm that steve98 has replied to my PM, and the key will be shipped tomorrow morning. Congrats man :).

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
It would have been nice to just give it to someone active in the SC section so we could have updates on our forum. It would probably be better for traffic too.

Flame_phoenix

Reaction score
It would have been nice to just give it to someone active in the SC section so we could have updates on our forum. It would probably be better for traffic too.
I disagree.

Giving the key in a contest was a great idea, I just believe the parameters of the contest should be different, but that is a personal opinion.

I do think however, that this contest lacked publicity. You should report this event to other major affiliated websites. Such a treasure would definitely call new people into the community, as it did before.

kinkarso

ex-admin
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I disagree.

Giving the key in a contest was a great idea, I just believe the parameters of the contest should be different, but that is a personal opinion.

I do think however, that this contest lacked publicity. You should report this event to other major affiliated websites. Such a treasure would definitely call new people into the community, as it did before.
Yup. It's just that it's to celebrate BF's 7th birthday, and I really wanted to do something special for just the BF community itself - no 'outsiders' directly. Which was why the email was only sent to our own list.

On that note, we do have something cooking up for the actual July 28th birthday celebration, and that will be largely promoted to just BF members as well. I'll make sure this one is more skill-based though :).

Thanks,
Donny