Banned Smoking

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
In light of recent events I have decided to post this thread.

The San-Antonio city council has decided to ban smoking in public places.

This includes but not limted to
Parks
Restraunts
offices
Bars
etc...

allright I am sorry but second hand smoke doesn't kill people, it never has and never will.

Why would you ban smoking at a park? You are out in the open, it isn't like you are stuck next to someone smoking in a small bathroom in the middle of hell....

Resteraunts
Shouldn't this be a resteraunts choice? I mean if they don't see the point in banning it let them lose the whiny little bitch customers who can't handle it.

Offices
I sort of understand this one but it should be more like the companys decisions just like the previous...

Bars
WTF????? This is where I found out as I am not a big smoker. I went to the place I normally play pool and no one was smoking, I was like ehhh? I pulled out a cigerate and just then saw the city ordinace sign sitting everywhere, and noticed the lack of ashtrays.
I was like wow my city sucks and has went to far in the fight to piss people off.

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I hate the smell of cigarette smoke in a restaurant. So that one makes sense to me. Bars are more acceptable places for smoking though.

allright I am sorry but second hand smoke doesn't kill people, it never has and never will.
I personally disagree with that statement, it has been proven that carcinogens are present in cigarette smoke, therefore it is quite reasonable to believe that they can negatively affect a person inhaling the smoke whether it is secondhand or not. A smoker is exposed more, but the secondhand smoke is still bad for someone exposed to it.

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I hate the smell of cigarette smoke in a restaurant. So that one makes sense to me. Bars are more acceptable places for smoking though.

I personally disagree with that statement, it has been proven that carcinogens are present in cigarette smoke, therefore it is quite reasonable to believe that they can negatively affect a person inhaling the smoke whether it is secondhand or not. A smoker is exposed more, but the secondhand smoke is still bad for someone exposed to it.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
yes it can be slightlly harmful I am sure, breathing in tar and smoke is never good, however it will not kill you unless you sit in a small room with someone smoking constantlly...

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It can kill babies..... there are smoking adverts about that:
"If you smoke your children smoke too"

I agree with all of them bans except for 'parks' <---- wtf?? the smoke just cant hurt anyone, doesnt it just rise into the air...
people might be put off by seeing people smoking....

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Banned smoking in bars....? They should ban alchohol in them to.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
Then what would be the point of bars? To get a caffeine rush when your feeling down? You wanna have a party but all they have are orange juice boxes? If they ban alchohol, people would riot and/or leave the country.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by speedy_claxton
If they ban alchohol, people would riot and/or leave the country.
A sad fact. :(

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
i could understand resturants ands offices but bars is going to far.

You don't want to be eating food that tastes anything with a side of smoke.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Static
i could understand resturants ands offices but bars is going to far.

You don't want to be eating food that tastes anything with a side of smoke.
I dont know how it is over there but over here most bars are also restraunts, if your having a drink of alcohol you can still be put off by smokers

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by ORC-r0x0r-ROC
It can kill babies..... there are smoking adverts about that:
"If you smoke your children smoke too"

I agree with all of them bans except for 'parks' <---- wtf?? the smoke just cant hurt anyone, doesnt it just rise into the air...
people might be put off by seeing people smoking....
Just because some ultra-liberal, pc pussy is put off by me lighting, means that I should be denied to smoke in the open air?

Offices, I completely understand, and agree with.

Resturaunts, it should be their choice.

Bars, that's bs. Bars are a place just as much for smoking as they are for drinking.

Parks, yea, smoking in the open air is really gonna kill someone.

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I disagree i think that the customers should choose :
1) being able to eat, drink ect in a smoke-free enviroment
2) Being able to have the option to "spark up"

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
why should what the customers want be controlled by the goverment, with a thing like somking anyway. Don't like smoking but the local dennys doesnt restrict it simplly don't go there....

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah that's a bunch of BS, even in restraunts... Doesn't anybody remember the sections for smoking and non-smoking, I mean hell if you want people to be able to smoke but don't want to lose non-smoking customers PUT IN A NON-SMOKING SECTION! Wtf is up with banning it? Bars... c'mon whats next? legalize heroin? Parks, you are out in the open air, its not like everysingle square foot of the parks are filled up with people smoking there is NO HARM AT ALL there, if you are breathing second hand smoke there it's YOUR fault. Offices, I understand not being able to smoke inside... but they banned it on OFFICE PREMISES what bs. I personaly don't smoke *cough*tobacco atleast*cough* but c'mon what crack sniffing idiots think up these laws?

Tempest Storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.war3.com
Originally posted by Forged
ultra pc liberal pussies...
You're just ultra-liberal. ;)