Ask A Beta Tester Something

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Like the title says. Ask me anything

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Its a multiplayer beta for the moment. The Terran campaign is suppose to span across 40 missions and it is stated that if it was in a novel form, it would be 3-6 books long.

Its mixed on the level of difficulty, but it is very close to starcraft 1.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I heard SC2 is harder than SC1

And is the plot juicy?
The UI makes most of the tasks far more automated and easier than in SCI, where most of the macro/micro came from limited UI. SCII has a lot more shit to do tho, and has just as much importance in timing. Specificlly each races Macro mechanics make it incredibly important to be on top of your bases status, or you start to fall behind. Specifically with Terrans the Orbital command is freaking vital, doubling as a scanner and sumons mules that harvest crazy amounts of minerals on each trip.

Terrans are much more awesome than in SCI, although they need to fix the Maurader to make it less gay. It seems most players in the Beta itself are retarded, where I'm stuck playing the damn computer because I didn't get a damn key.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Terrans are much more awesome than in SCI, although they need to fix the Maurader to make it less gay. It seems most players in the Beta itself are retarded, where I'm stuck playing the damn computer because I didn't get a damn key.
they just got rid of the slow down effect and made it as an upgrade. I find that Terran metal needs some work. The over all MMM combo is just overused i think

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
If I can my hands on another key I'll give it to you Pan.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I mass stalkers and void rays every single game. And seem to win with no micro. And as for a question why does the mothership suck so much balls?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I mass stalkers and void rays every single game. And seem to win with no micro. And as for a question why does the mothership suck so much balls?
Must be fun to fiddle around in bronze league.

Mothership is such a wasted unit, although it is infinitely useful in base defense. Any late game with 4 expansions over a map is impossible to attack with a defending mothership.

Edit

Terran is insultingly strong atm, so that isn't fun. I haven't met a protoss since patch 12ish that I haven't been able to completely steamroll. Switching to straight random to increase the difficulty/fun/variety until the end of the beta..

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I'm in diamond but thanks though. And I'm so pro I own these nubs with like canon tower rushes and **** in DIAMOND league. I lose to the big ass wurms and people who cheese in ****ing cliff jumpers but other than that I don't even have to know the name of the ****ing units and I rape. WC3 skills carried on too sc2.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm in diamond but thanks though. And I'm so pro I own these nubs with like canon tower rushes and **** in DIAMOND league. I lose to the big ass wurms and people who cheese in ****ing cliff jumpers but other than that I don't even have to know the name of the ****ing units and I rape. WC3 skills carried on too sc2.
get an account on the European/Asian server and try that.

1a2a3a won't win against skilled oponents.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I'm not going to play in asia/EU realms because I'll never buy two copies of this game.

dswtor

Member!
Reaction score
I also beta tested this game. its really awesome but its not too different from the first. which is a good thing. i liked the feel of the first one and they reskined and reprogrammed everything. its awesome.