Arbiter

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Arbiters are amazing no? who disagrees? cloaking units, warping and freezing em. combine em with a carrrier attack and its invisible interceptors. or warp in instead of dropships. whats not to like? who thinks they suck? im curious.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
They require the highest technological research of any protoss thing... they take the longest to create (I think like, 25% longer than a carrier) and they are expensive. The freezing/recall costs alot also, plus they are slow and they can't just walk into a base, 2 turrets will easily take one down. All this being said, they are still one of the best weapons in the game, but not so much against zerg, because the defiler really hurts the arbiters abilities. The arbiter really shines against terran. Still, if you try and go for the arbiter right away, you will need to sacrivice other things and if your opponent catches onto this weakness, he will probably rush you. Arbiter, like any other special unit (templar, dark archon, defiler) takes skill... cept for the cloak + carriers, which newbies usually tend to think makes them invinsible... uh, I got one word for them... "plague".

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Well i dont often go right for arbiters but i do use em alot. i dont actualy build carriers with em. instead i usualy warp. turrets or other auto defense i use disruption web on then warp units in. better than shuttles cause if theyre destroyed u dont lose units. i never realized they took so long. i usualy start the building of like 5 then leave it till i suddenly remember i built them. i dont use toss much.

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well the tech tree of the tosses is easy so i dont really care i just build right up on money maps then make soem guyz the zerg and terran tree is kinda hard

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by pan_the_man
Arbiters are amazing no? who disagrees? cloaking units, warping and freezing em. combine em with a carrrier attack and its invisible interceptors.
Umm, no. Scourges own Arbiters and Carriers.

[Note] I have nothing against Arbiters, just against that statement.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
did i say they were good against scourges? im implying that cloaking any unit is cool. and that warping saves money on shuttles.

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sorry. You said "invisible" Interceptors. I misread it for "invincible" Interceptors. A apalogize.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Ahibters are amazing espicially if you MC a drone and make lurkers.
The reason is that you can actually make zerg units cloak on their own!

Heres how:
- Put a zerg unit that can burrow in cloaking ange of the ahibiter.
- make the ahibiter patrol away from the cloaking range, but no to far away.
- when you units is fully cloaked burrow him.
- when ahibitor comes back into claoking range unburrow it.

NOTE: do not put zerg unit back under the ahibter after it has been cloaked on its own!! If you do it will lose its ability!

It takes a couple tries and alot of time so dont plan on using this on any real maps. Maybe you can use em like me on golem maps or something like that.

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yea, making a unit cloak is difficult with an arbiter. It is mainly luck, and it sometimes takes awhile, so I don't think it's worth it.
One unit cloaked is very good. But, floating a drone is easy, and it is effective early on in the game.

Arbiters are a nice unit, but like Skuzzy said, they take a long time to build, plus to get all the upgrades and all the buildings that takes a while and it takes a lot of money. Recall is nice, but what I like to do, is send a couple air units in for a distraction, then take a bunch of ground units and recall them over. But, I think the freezing technique is useless.

But, with all that said, arbiters are good units, I just wish they had a better attack.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Re: Re: arbiter

Umm, no. Scourges own Arbiters and Carriers.
Corsairs own scourges.

did i say they were good against scourges? im implying that cloaking any unit is cool. and that warping saves money on shuttles.
No u dont. Arbiters are the most expencive units in the game, they cost 350 gas!

Ahibters are amazing espicially if you MC a drone and make lurkers.
The reason is that you can actually make zerg units cloak on their own!

Heres how:
- Put a zerg unit that can burrow in cloaking ange of the ahibiter.
- make the ahibiter patrol away from the cloaking range, but no to far away.
- when you units is fully cloaked burrow him.
- when ahibitor comes back into claoking range unburrow it.
On a melee map? Do u have any idea how much time that would take?

what does plague do
does i affect jsut one unit?
Plague affects many units. It is a blood-like spell casted by the defiler. It drains about 300 life from units or buildings.

Arbiters have many usefull spells, but they cost a lot so they can only be built in late game. Statis field can disable half of the enemy's army, and recall can teleport many units to an enemy expansion much faster than shuttles. The mass cloaking can be usefull too.

lordson

Member!
Reaction score
Australia, Melbourne Rules Sydney is a hole
ya i thred arbiter drop once

it was risky and cost alot but it seemsd to work

i grouped a whoe bunch of drak tempalrs together

and sent in about 6 arbiters to the mineral source thorugh the side
his defence took out all of themm
but just b4 the last one died, i reccaled me awating force and took out his entire base from the resouce area up

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
If you were to do an arbiter/recall attack. Always D-web the cannons. Or just kill them with another air force. Either way, if u dont kill them. The cannons/spores/turrets will own them.

Raccoon

Post Djinn
Reaction score
Another point about Arbiters is that they have one of the best designs in the game. I mean, the aerodynamics and the aggresiveness... it just = cool. :p

lordson

Member!
Reaction score
Australia, Melbourne Rules Sydney is a hole
well

did you guys no that all the current spell casters

queens, high tempalrs, delifers

all aorginally had attacks

queens used to have gluve worm, theohter is can't rembmer

how good would that be

thye cna actually defend themselves

and those GODDMN QUEENS

are too damn fast

i reckon thery' the fastest unit in the whole game

an dthat goddamn overlord at the start is so freaking slow!!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
If the spellcasters had attacks then the game would require much less micro. Thats probarbly why they removed it.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by AKA-47
U lost 6 arbiters? Thats 2100 gas!
But he got the job done, If you lose 10000 gas and win then it is worth it. The money doesnt travel with you to the next game so no point in keeping it. If you waste all your money on DT's and you lose 50 of 100, but still win, then why complain about wasting so much?

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
But still, if the attack failed he would lose too much gas and probarbly lose because of the expences.