Anyone that uses the RMAH should read this and be wary

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
I'm mixed on this one. It makes complete sense why his account has been locked. Heck, even if money weren't involved, I've had my WoW account locked more than once when I travel and show up that I'm logging in from a different country.

That's even more important when real money is involved. The fact that they're not doing anything to correct it at this point is a problem, though. At the very least, they need to refund the deposit entirely so that he can convert it himself and add it to his current currency's account if need be. There's no reason for him to lose that money completely.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
I'm mixed on this one. It makes complete sense why his account has been locked. Heck, even if money weren't involved, I've had my WoW account locked more than once when I travel and show up that I'm logging in from a different country.

That's even more important when real money is involved. The fact that they're not doing anything to correct it at this point is a problem, though. At the very least, they need to refund the deposit entirely so that he can convert it himself and add it to his current currency's account if need be. There's no reason for him to lose that money completely.

That's exactly why I posted that article, they aren't trying to correct the issue. Instead of trying to help with a workaround, they just wiped the money

fred87nc

Member!
Reaction score
That harsh, I have yet to list any items on the RMAH because I havent set up the phone number. But if I make any money of it, it is going straight to my paypal account for each sell. Battlenet bucks are pretty much wasted and forced to use it again on the RMAH.

alighieri00

Reaction score
Two things: Firstly, I don't plan on moving out of country anytime soon and, I'm willing to bet, most people are not. So it's something to be aware of, sure, but it's also like warning me about green mamba snakes if I ever visit Africa. I'll... keep it in mind if I ever do.

Secondly, this RMAH and the auction house in general seems to be causing Blizzard far more trouble than they had envisioned. I doubt they'll ever remove it, but I'd be surprised if Diablo 4 came along a decade from now and still had an auction house.

Jessi

Member!
Reaction score
Secondly, this RMAH and the auction house in general seems to be causing Blizzard far more trouble than they had envisioned. I doubt they'll ever remove it, but I'd be surprised if Diablo 4 came along a decade from now and still had an auction house.
Lmao! I'd be surprised if they were able to push out another version in the next decade, as slow as their progress seems to be lately. We'll hear about it for the next decade, get all the teasers, and it'll be another 5 years before we get a half-finished product. ;)

Jimmymadness

Reaction score
This one seems less ridiculous than the ones on the forums. It's part of anything with real money you have to know you are taking a risk.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I am glad to read this as I may be moving to Europe. Now I know not to keep money in the account if or when I move.

ACSAPA

Member!
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that the guy lost all his money but maybe he should have been quicker to update his account.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
RMAH was a decent idea in concept but didn't work out. I actually wouldn't mind paying a dollar here and there in a game like WoW to not have to grind. But Diablo III and WoW are entirely grinding because they are entirely WAY WAY too competitive with a few people that have no lives.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
RMAH was a decent idea in concept but didn't work out. I actually wouldn't mind paying a dollar here and there in a game like WoW to not have to grind. But Diablo III and WoW are entirely grinding because they are entirely WAY WAY too competitive with a few people that have no lives.
I agree I wouldn't mind paying for mats, but I don't think paying for gear is a good idea. That stuff is fun to farm, mats in WoW are tedious and I wish I could just buy them.

Sargento

Reaction score
I'm entirely comfortable with the way Blizzard handles things, and I know they won't end up taking anybody's earnings (unless the TOS was broken).

There's no way Blizzard wants that bad PR, and they'll get a lot of backlash from the players/media if they end up taking anyone's rightful earnings.

It'll be handled in time.

Meow

Member!
Reaction score
Pretty much this. The entire concept of the RMAH just doesn't make a lot of sense for D3.